Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 67. (Read 282664 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Some news:

• NVC/USD pair planned on btc-e.
  • New hotfix release with changed bnProofOfStakeLimit and minor fixes will be published today.
  • Next major release will be based on bitcoin 0.8 codebase, we stopped work with 0.7 codebase due to serious issue in upstream. It's planned at the end of April.
legendary
The reason of situation is the fast difficulty grow up. I didn't expect that so many people will come into the network soon. I thought that we have some time to generate enough coins for this PoS difficulty.

Ah, what do we have here..
We have failed scammer, who known as TradeFortress.

Without exaggeration, I know more than you ever will be able to know. It obvious that you have no chances in the real discussion with me, because your conversation abilities are limited with simple trolling. So I don't want to waste my time.

But you need to know that the person who is so careful that he never makes a mistake is unlikely to achieve anything of real value. If you don't know how to do something, have a go, don't be afraid of being wrong. If you are not prepared to make mistake, you will never come up with anything useful.

Have a nice day Cheesy
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Selected bnProofOfStakeLimit value seems to be too high for NVC network, it can't generate PoS blocks at this difficulty. My bad. Sad

Will fix it in the next update, which will be released soon.

RAK3
I recommed you to mine in p2pool. Smiley

Ah, what do we have here.. a developer that doesn't even know what he's working on and has screwed up four times now?
legendary
Selected bnProofOfStakeLimit value seems to be too high for NVC network, it can't generate PoS blocks at this difficulty. My bad. Sad

Will fix it to lower value in the next update, which will be released soon.

RAK3
I recommed you to mine in p2pool. Smiley
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hello Everybody  Smiley

I'm looking into NVC because I find it intriguing and am fed up with the gov-s.

Any recommendations on a pool selection and miner?

I currently use cgminer with 4x7950-s and am getting 2.6Mhash/s.

There are a lot of people out there who think NVC is a scam due to the circumstances when launched but I see it as a bold move.

Either way, I've always been drawn to the east side  Wink

Mad props, Balthazar!
legendary
0.3.4 hotfix build is ready. It adds new hardened checkpoint at block #13560.

If you don't have problem, which is described below, you can ignore this. But anyway, it's recommended to apply this update, especially if you running mining pool or another service. It will prevent downtime possibility.

If you see "Invalid checkpoint found" message and your client switches to safe mode, you need to install this update and re-download the blockchain. By the way, with win32 client you don't need sync og the whole blockchain, you can use files from the blockchain snapshot.

Win32 build: http://sourceforge.net/projects/novacoin/files/

Sources tree: https://github.com/CryptoManiac/novacoin
legendary
а почему отключился р2пул?пишет валел инвалид чекпоинт фаунд?все проги новые!
You are correct, something went wrong. Trying to investigate it now.
Issue seems to be resolved. Restart your client if you still see this message.

UPDATE: But I'll release new builds today.
legendary
You are correct, something went wrong. Trying to investigate it now.
legendary
I'll add this into pnSeed tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I have setup a Novacoin test net node on the cryptocoinexplorer server.

Ip address: 84.200.84.74

I should have one up in a little bit on the future mining site cryptocoinmine.com

Ip address: 84.200.84.76

Just Add:

addnode=84.200.84.74

addnode=84.200.84.76

In the novacoin.conf file to have the daemon automatically try to connect to those nodes.

Activity: 535
Merit: 251
Republia - New Blockchain Technology
legendary
P2Pool is updated to support v3 blocks:

Sources tree: https://github.com/CryptoManiac/p2pool
Win32 py2exe: http://sourceforge.net/projects/novacoin/files/p2pool_win32_14f.zip/download

Only ~ 200 blocks left to v3 lock-in.
legendary
It has testnet support, but there are no nodes online yet. You can start 2 clients with -testnet option and it will create "testnet" for you.

EDIT: Created 2 testnet nodes, so you can start mining testnet blocks or another testing.
legendary
We found these errors while grepping debug.log looking for any stakes, none yet but we will keep hoping Smiley
It will be more easy to find stakes by using listtransactions RPC. They listed as "immature" and "generate" transactions.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1655438
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Sometimes it happens due to extremely low difficulty. It will disappear after blocks v3 majority threshold (950 v3 blocks from last 1000 blocks).

Thanks again Balthazar, keep up the great work.

We found these errors while grepping debug.log looking for any stakes, none yet but we will keep hoping Smiley
legendary
Sometimes it happens due to extremely low difficulty. It will disappear after blocks v3 majority threshold (950 v3 blocks from last 1000 blocks).
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Just curious, what does this mean:

Code:
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : duplicate proof-of-stake (COutPoint(b0889ba77b, 0), 1364497018) for block 9edca6662bb97ab9d22416527e2ba3c0dd64dcb199635015689afaf07132ac8d

Everything OK or do we needto fix something ?

Thanks Smiley
legendary
Current status:

• Almost all new PoS blocks solved by updated clients
  • Approx. 50% from new PoW blocks solved by old clients
legendary
Accidentally uploaded the wrong Linux build to SourceForge. I'll upload the correct one few hours later.

BTC-E updated successfully.
legendary
It seems that almost all p2pool users ignored this warning. I don't understand how they can be so irresponsible. %)

P.S. khore & nvcpool updated to 0.3.3.
Pages:
Jump to: