Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 45. (Read 383407 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Hi guys
Can someone tell me why prices keep falling?
More sellers than buyers???
Look at the buy wall on bittrex, there is no buy wall  Sad
Also no volume
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
Hi guys
More sellers than buyers???
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Hi guys
Activity: 308
My week end will be devoted to the Opal Embassy,
lot of things to do in its real world Smiley

-tide (again ? yes, drawings and cables everywhere...)
-business map enhancement.
-photos
-tshirts
-painting if i have the time.
I will make a "how to" use syncthing... but i must wait the Beta & understand syncthing tricks perfectly before, help appreciated (if you already used syncthing with the opal-wallet or not Smiley .
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I made a new blog post that I think is important for a lot of questions people have: http://whit.opal-coin.com/this-is-your-coin/
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Another Idea or Suggestion to look into would be a way to regulate transactions and give recourse to buyers or users.

With Opal there may be layers to make both regulated and unregulated happen though. So by using Opacity you agree all bets are off and send at your own risk and alternatively there may be measures that could be put into place that returns coin if obligations are not met or products are not as described. This could also be voluntary but both parties enter into the agreement to use the service. A service with a name like Opal Marshal could be like an automated 3rd party. The buyer would simply check a button that sends a message to buy if Opal Marshal is agreed to.

Opal Marshal would allow people to take transactions more seriously since it is real money changing hands. I personally think to make a coin reputable it would need something like this, which could even be taken to small claims courts. And once judgement is rendered the coin is released back to the specified wallet.

If O-bey were created, actual auctions could be won and paid for with Opal equal to the price of the item, and secure the purchase on the Blockchain using Opal Marshal.

◄ OPAL FUNDATION ►

While Opal is known for its ability to stay private and discreet, in order to gain reputation and trust in the cryptocurrency ecosystem Opal needs both an official face as well as a formal voice.
Besides representing the entirety of Opal, Opal Foundation will allow further growth and development to continue separately from other duties such as marketing and social communication.
The Opal Foundation will start with three board members, whose positions will cover the span of one month. In this month, new board members will be elected via the people. The three initial members all have already made significant contributions to make Opal the cryptocurrency it is today, all whom currently work with Opal.
The three members are:
•   Lisa Cheng – Opal Marketing
•   Whit Jack – Lead Developer
•   Johnny McCallum – PR for Opal
Three members will be selected to oversee the Opal Foundation via colored coins, which are currently being developed in-house by Opal. The colored coins allow for Opal to stay decentralized in their voting process by utilizing the previously mentioned colored coins technology. The members will run three-month terms and afterward new members will be elected.
Opal Foundation will be up and running within the week, and voting for new members will briefly follow:

In order to be an opal foundation member: in order to build opal !
please reply to the little form on opaltalk :
http://opaltalk.org/t/opal-foundation-board-application/48

Think - Share - Explain & Help the opal adoption !
by the way, the C++ troubleshooting guide which was only on the opalguide is now added and explained on http://opaltalk.org/t/opal-guidebooks-and-tutorials/30
So they are hoping their work catches on

In order for something to catch on, it needs a marketing strategy, not hope.

This is the biggest problem with every coin.

Whomever comes up with the right marketing strategies wins.  Not all marketing strategies cost money, some just take time and effort.

Anyone have any solid ideas?

Sure toldy, we will organize that, Lisa is here to help us, and every Opalite can join the brainstorming as RCan06 said: we can discuss ideas here, more post per day is a very good way to spread Opal colors !

Furthermore we have:
http://opaltalk.org
http://www.reddit.com/r/opalcoin/
https://www.facebook.com/opalcommunity
https://plus.google.com/b/109971180469127992011

Feel free to post Wink

Hi guys,
I was getting this runtime error also which would cause the wallet to crash soon after opening
Installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 has solved my problem so far
I see you already have this installed on your pc though, so
Maybe you could try uninstalling all C++ software and reinstalling again as discussed here

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinstall-Microsoft-Visual-C-Runtime-Libraries.html

Thanks for the link Oz_miner, i will add this troubleshooting to http://opaltalk.org/t/opal-guidebooks-and-tutorials/30
 Wink
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
could you list the microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable package you have ? (in programs and features) ?

The 1st 5 listed below came pre-installed on my OS; the last 2 form part of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 which I d/loaded from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679; that package includes a 3rd file, called vcredist_arm.exe, but as mentioned in a previous post, vcredist_arm.exe can't be run because, despite meeting the system requirements of this file, my Windows 7 service pack 1 OS doesn't see this file as a valid Win 32 application.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/661/sdb7VN.png

Do you have Antivir Pro ?

No.

I run Norton Internet Security, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware,  Zemana Anti-Malware and Zemana Anti-Logger

When you right-click on opalcoin.conf and choose property: does win7 tells you it is a .conf file ?

Yes - CONF File (.conf)

is your Opalcoin-Qt folder (where you should have opalcoin.exe ) is in the "Downloads" folder ?

No, when I d/loaded the Opal-Qt-opaque.1.3.1 folder it was (automatically) saved in 'My Documents'

If yes please cut & paste Opalcoin-Qt folder on you Desk.
then, save your wallet.dat and your opalcoin.conf erase all the files and folder in C:\Users\~\AppData\Roaming\opalcoin
then paste your opalcoin.conf on it and start your wallet.

I'll do that tomorrow (it's getting late now) and post results - in meantime, many thanks for your further help. Much appreciated  Smiley

Hi guys,
I was getting this runtime error also which would cause the wallet to crash soon after opening
Installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 has solved my problem so far
I see you already have this installed on your pc though, so
Maybe you could try uninstalling all C++ software and reinstalling again as discussed here

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinstall-Microsoft-Visual-C-Runtime-Libraries.html
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Always enjoy reading your posts nick  Cool

Thanks! That is good to hear and I appreciate you posting to let me know that. I am working on a new idea too that may go hand in hand with O-Pal ebay ideas. Voidlord gave some good points to me since I am not super technical but a quick study, and more of an idea guy. Protecting coin economies is now my main goal. It is the only way people can feel safe investing in a coin or even just to use it or accept it as payment.

Whomever comes up with the right marketing strategies wins.  Not all marketing strategies cost money, some just take time and effort.

Yeah I meant hope as an overall desire within their efforts. I know the devs talked about Marketplaces and had a place setup to buy F-Secure and such.

I want to go big and try to gain ebay users support. We don't want to jump the gun though and make sure the things we create are Viable but also tested.

I was thinking we make a Video after we create the "obey/O-Pal" interface and then make the very first ebay transaction one Gem from ebay and that would be an Opal, then have other merchants start to build the internal Market Cap from there making trade after trade up to $100,000. So we can show that we went from one Opal worth $15 to $100,000 in a short time and it may go Viral. The market protections will be in place by then and we will show how keeping your $15 worth of Opal now equals $100 or whatever we work the math out to. If you use the coin to buy again you just boosted the internal market cap again. If you sell back out to BitCoin then you loose your $100 internal market cap but may make  $20 instead of $15 and thanks for using Opal. This would show people they don't need to Rape a coin on the exchanges to make money but once you use the coin now you have created worth internally that will reflect more if you stay and less if you leave.

We are going to work on some cool aspects of this to entertain more merchants and I think it will take off if we can secure it, automate it, and still be open source so that everyone knows the function is hard coded to work for them and Opal simultaneously. I think it can be done and Voidlord is looking into the intricacies.

Syncthing is used to synchronise docs between two devices. can someone please explain how this is going to be modified to include saving things on the blockchain? That is what i thought opal drive was going to be. That is what sjcx is trying to deliver which was why opal was going to use that initially.

Is there a change to what opal drive is going to be?

http://whit.opal-coin.com/opal-drive-update/
Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Syncthing is used to synchronise docs between two devices. can someone please explain how this is going to be modified to include saving things on the blockchain? That is what i thought opal drive was going to be. That is what sjcx is trying to deliver which was why opal was going to use that initially.

Is there a change to what opal drive is going to be?
Mac users can now test the .app version which auto downloads all dependancies, and is a one click to run.

http://whitjack.me/ColorUI_Mac.zip
Activity: 325
Merit: 255

I agree with this, marketing and spreading the word is huge. I think OPAL is doing a great job spreading itself out. By that I mean, most crypto-currencies despite being decentralized are actually pretty centralized. They are centered around a single bitcointalk thread (and as we have experienced this causes problems). Thanks in big part to being a part of SuperNet, Opal has spread out and I see Opal discussion on the SuperNet forums (and in the slack logs), the IRC (I encourage people who haven't to go chat sometime!), Opaltalk.org (underutilized), and here in the Bitcointalk thread (and of course Facebook/twitter/G+). Like any young coin though, the community is still relatively small, but growing. So the infrastructure in place is not nearly being utilized to its fullest, but it is there as the community expands.

First suggestion right now that I feel is important... Because Opal's conversation/development/ideas are spread out, we should make sure to keep all these linked. I see development being posted in the slack logs that does not make its way over here. I think making sure all of these activity points are being updated equally is a good idea. Especially this btctalk thread, since this is currently the central point for alt-coin activity.

Second, building on that, Keeping this thread active is a must as well (something we should all work on) because CONSTANT activity brings interest, and it is the cheapest and easiest way to do so in my opinion. We don't always have to discuss opal developments, but just having a talkative friendly and welcoming community is free and easy. Smiley I'd be willing to assume coins like Dark/Dash, Burst, Shadow, Monero etc, gain followers/investors in part because of constant forum and community activity which people see and think "hmmm why is this so popular here?".

A big peeve of mine, is that currently in the alt-coin scene market activity appears to be what gets the most (albeit short term) attention. You can have releases, great ideas, great plans, great devs, or you can be another crap coin with nothing new to offer but also be getting good volume on a site like bittrex, and thus 'praise' and attention. Even with bitcoin, a flood of new people appear during bull trends; they don't necessarily know about bitcoin's development and technical side, but they know the price is rising and are thus drawn in. Opal isn't much different in this regard. When we saw a rise in price in November, this thread was very active, probably 30-40 posts per day for a brief period, now the price has been fairly stable, development continues, devs are still here working away, we got some promising teasers of whats to come and yet the posts in here have dwindled to a few per day.

Then I think a question becomes, how do we keep a large portion of people that move from coin to coin, and how do we keep growing our community at an efficient rate? That is where I feel keeping and active and engaging community is key. It doesn't help any to let this thread sink to 6-7 pages, then post about the lack of discussion that is taking place. Help create the discussion, and build on it. Share idea's, discuss crypto, finance, hobbies, your dog, whatever, it keeps activity steady and gives people a chance to join in. (Shout-out to CryptoNick for creating some discussion building posts.).

Back in mid/late October, I heard about Opal because there were others in the forum talking about it in other threads. I came to the thread to see a flurry of ideas and discussion and a join in. I stayed because I enjoyed the atmosphere (of course the development is great as well Wink ).

So to make a long post short, I think a good place to start is just create discussion, participate in discussion, give share ideas, thoughts, it doesn't even have to be solely about Opal. Keep this thread active and welcoming, this way we can attract, introduce, and build a community when people stay to take part. This is simply what WE can do for free. Articles, and professional marketing all another ballgame which is also important. But it is less effective to attempt to draw people into OPAL when there isn't activity to keep them drawn in. That is where community comes in.

That's my 2 Opals for now. Smiley
Activity: 214
Merit: 100

Whomever comes up with the right marketing strategies wins.  Not all marketing strategies cost money, some just take time and effort.

QFT
Activity: 476
Always enjoy reading your posts nick  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: