Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 47. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Sorry for the wait!

Download:
Mac & Linux: Coming Soon

To use, open the Opal Wallet, then navigate to http://localhost:8080.  We will have a demo video shortly

DISCLAIMER: This is a very alpha release, there are no added features yet, but they are in development.  We are also aware of the error when closing the wallet.  Please do not view this as a production release, but rather a preview of what is to come.

~The Opal Team

Wow fast & nice Alpha Guys !

Let's Celebrate Opal Drive ! from "at-least" scepticals to "History-in-the-making" enthusiasts, everybody agreed with this fact: this 23 March was fertile for the opalteam:
The crypto, the cloud & the brick opal will now share files (and for syncthing staker, sharing storage Smiley ).

Let's keep building ! As Cryptonick, Fontline and RCan06 let's build ideas !
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Spread some opal love Wink

Welcome back Voidlord. Glad to hear about more positive feedback.

Can't wait to see Opal Drive in action. nice alpha Smiley
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
Woo nice work guys! Took a quick look, going to play around with it later. A demo video would be great Smiley

So whats the basic difference between Opal's drive and Storj's respectively?
Storj will have people mining their Drive space and there are 500M coins without any mining yet. So there will be profiteers selling off with Storj. Opal doesn't mine the drive space, and makes the files available through the wallet, and I am not sure if there is a fee but I doubt it since your wallet is hosting the file encrypted on your own drive with a key. If you have a Business that utilizes a pay per download scenario you accept the Opal and grant access to a file to be downloaded from your server/computer. This could be a Massive Load Balanced S3 instance if you wanted or as slow as they go on uploads. You control the speed based on your business or just use it peer to peer non commercialized.

This is a cool idea, would go hand in hand with Opal digital market. Browse digital files > find something and pay Opals for file > file is released instantly in Opal Drive > download.
Would make for a good peer to peer digital file sharing marketplace.  Cool

Hello Opalites !

The Team is still working on the Opal drive, Pre-production phase should take few more days, Bassguitarman will update the thread !

By the way i am coming back from Nice,

Good news: the Opal adventure seems to please my investors !

-I will have some funds to make a nice cleanup of my Caverne, overlooking the streets in the center of Marseille Smiley
Floor 0, the Workshop 40 m², where i am building the opal embassy.
(Cleanup is about Paintings, Chairs, Tables, a Nice Glass Shopwindow...)

-I will keep my house , (i am the owner of this "little dungeons" on 4 floors and 110m²)
Floor 1, 2 bedroom+bathroom, 36 m²
Floor 2, the kitchen 30m² + lil'Terrace 6m²
Floor 3, the roof 10m² (little bedroom).

i am excited: I can build & manage a brick and mortar crypto-café: the Opal-Embassy,
I will start an embassy roadmap...soon, i must be ready in june !

But i need to sleep a while...

Brick after brick Wink

See you tomorow !

Also very cool! The Opal-Embassy crypto-café sounds great, and excellent for spreading Opal into the outside world!
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

Storj will have people mining their Drive space and there are 500M coins without any mining yet. So there will be profiteers selling off with Storj. Opal doesn't mine the drive space, and makes the files available through the wallet, and I am not sure if there is a fee but I doubt it since your wallet is hosting the file encrypted on your own drive with a key. If you have a Business that utilizes a pay per download scenario you accept the Opal and grant access to a file to be downloaded from your server/computer. This could be a Massive Load Balanced S3 instance if you wanted or as slow as they go on uploads. You control the speed based on your business or just use it peer to peer non commercialized.

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
Activity: 271
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
all i can say is WHOA...................speechless
Activity: 262
Sorry for the wait!

Download:
Mac & Linux: Coming Soon

To use, open the Opal Wallet, then navigate to http://localhost:8080.  We will have a demo video shortly

DISCLAIMER: This is a very alpha release, there are no added features yet, but they are in development.  We are also aware of the error when closing the wallet.  Please do not view this as a production release, but rather a preview of what is to come.

~The Opal Team
Hello Opalites !

The Team is still working on the Opal drive, Pre-production phase should take few more days, Bassguitarman will update the thread !

By the way i am coming back from Nice,

Good news: the Opal adventure seems to please my investors !

-I will have some funds to make a nice cleanup of my Caverne, overlooking the streets in the center of Marseille Smiley
Floor 0, the Workshop 40 m², where i am building the opal embassy.
(Cleanup is about Paintings, Chairs, Tables, a Nice Glass Shopwindow...)

-I will keep my house , (i am the owner of this "little dungeons" on 4 floors and 110m²)
Floor 1, 2 bedroom+bathroom, 36 m²
Floor 2, the kitchen 30m² + lil'Terrace 6m²
Floor 3, the roof 10m² (little bedroom).

i am excited: I can build & manage a brick and mortar crypto-café: the Opal-Embassy,
I will start an embassy roadmap...soon, i must be ready in june !

But i need to sleep a while...

Brick after brick Wink

See you tomorow !
Very quiet here of late. A sign of furious product development?!?!?!

It is more quiet than usual right now. I think Dev's have their hands full making sure all the new releases will come out without a hitch.

I believe we should be getting some news today, excited to hear how this turns out.

ASAP ! Wink

It will be at Nice (southeast of france) this Week-end.

I am going to Nice to meet investors...
to fund the Opal Embassy !

See you on Sunday  Cool !
Activity: 279
Very quiet here of late. A sign of furious product development?!?!?!
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Please keep up the good work OPAL team. I do like what i am seeing!! Very nice and good job!
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
So.... is there a delay? Or will Opal Drive be released today?

ASAP ! Wink

See you on Sunday  Cool !

now that actually sounds bigger than expected Cool
nice to hear

ASAP ! Wink

See you on Sunday  Cool !
Just made my first official purchase with opal @ https://www.pexpeppers.com/ using https://www.coinpayments.net/

I can't wait for my hot sauce.

CoolCash

Btw, let me know if your store accepts opal through coinpayments.net

EDIT:

Coolcash has just received his order of hot sauce from https://www.pexpeppers.com/ BOUGHT WITH OPAL!!!
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
So, yeah, we are writing the new roadmap, it looks like that:

Before August 2015: (precise roadmap incoming)

Core:
-Colore coins
-Opal Drive

Organisation:
-Opal fundation
-Team Building

Marketing:
-Media & e-learning partnership (technical help, advice, researchs)
-Keep Building merchant Partnership.

Anything usefull that will actually move the price?

Quick to assume.. What do you think would be useful?
Building platforms to continue developing and expanding on seems pretty useful. Don't forget OPAL is part of SuperNet and there is much development going on there as well.
Wait for some releases, new wallet, opal drive, and colour core, and I'm sure we will be ok. Smiley
Activity: 250
So, yeah, we are writing the new roadmap, it looks like that:

Before August 2015: (precise roadmap incoming)

Core:
-Colore coins
-Opal Drive

Organisation:
-Opal fundation
-Team Building

Marketing:
-Media & e-learning partnership (technical help, advice, researchs)
-Keep Building merchant Partnership.

Anything usefull that will actually move the price?
Pages:
Jump to: