Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 43. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

If you know me by now, I usually speak my opinion. Smiley

This Opal embassy would be nice to have its own website, and just refer to it with a small description and a link.

I hate seeing these huge graphics cluttering up the thread.

Maybe the Opal embassy can have it's own thread instead?

As a pure brick & mortar workshop, the Embassy will not focus on its website,
for now there are:
G+ https://plus.google.com/101068082163833359337
and FB pages: https://www.facebook.com/opalcommunity

I am sorry to disturb you Toldy, but Arniebaby is right, we need to bump this thread. And sometimes with large pictures (there is not so much, 8 on the last 10 pages, and 1 too large i posted by mistake).

Wink
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Yes, I know it's password protected
Activity: 279

This Opal embassy would be nice to have its own website, and just refer to it with a small description and a link.

PLEASE don't shoot the guys down for bringing some life to this thread. It needs it. It's not like there's so much traffic you can't follow. When the traffic picks up maybe yes, right now present anything that is of interest and may bring some attention back to the thread and build the community up.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100

and lot more: Events, Rig building, Heraldry, Oil Paintings, Street arts, Hangouts...

The Opal Embassy is up !

-Learn about Opal & Cryptos (BTC, Nxt, BTCD, Fibre, VRC, VPN, GRC)
-Exchange Opal
-Secure your computer
-Buy Artworks with Opal
-Buy Tshirt with Opal (available in May)
-Have a café

from 6PM to 12PM !
(closed on Monday)
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
I just for buy more  Cool
Altcoin market in decline , need advantage for the smarts  Grin !
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
the altcoin community just kinda sucks now, a select group of people creating new coins over and over and everybody wants to be part of those and pnd on eachother for a fast quick ROI.
OPAL seems to be on the edge of technology, has an honest dev team and good sized community, I know these guys will be around.

If altcoins will boom ( ? ), I know opal will be amongst the coins that will profit from that.
I know there has been some discussion behind the scenes about some interesting things lately, let's see what will happen to the altcoins..and lets see what will be planned next for opal.

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I just wished I would've known about this coin sooner or when it launched because I know I would've bought a truckload and held
I just found out about this coin and it has me so intrigued already! Its on a slump so it was the perfect opportunity for me to jump in and buy a few thousand. I see this coins big potential. Opal, you have a firm believer and invested in me.  Smiley I've learned so much about it already and it has me so excited!

indeed, it is a very good time to invest in Opal

Welcome aboard Mario !
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I just found out about this coin and it has me so intrigued already! Its on a slump so it was the perfect opportunity for me to jump in and buy a few thousand coins. I see this coins big potential. Opal, you have a firm believer and investor in me. Smiley I've learned so much about it already and it has me so excited!
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
Hey guys,

Yes I agree there appears to be a lack of cohesion recently, I may assume it is a busy time of year for some team members (I know it is for me, very much).

There have been a few beta releases which are very promising, they just need to be tested a bit more & have some quirks fixed (obviously the point of beta) and released while gaining some much deserved attention. Opal has been successful with this in the past and can be as much in the near future.

I think another problem is that the alt-coin scene is not as patient. 'Investors' flock from coin to coin hoping to gain 3,4,5x ROI, when a coin price is stable (which in most universes is a good thing), people seem to slowly drift away to the 'coin of the week' being pumped. OPAL is still in the minds of many investors, and I believe once OPAL regains traction and gets momentum with some solid releases and marketing, those who drifted will return. Smiley

Also, while the releases aren't being utilized to their potential yet, the main value is that they are there and available. It isn't so much about who is using coloured coins or opal drive right now, but who can also use it in the future.

Anyway, I think some solid laid out structure will be beneficial, I know the team knows this as it's already being discussed. I continue to look forward to what OPAL will bring forth.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
We have big structural, marketing, and technical changes coming up that will allow opal to flourish.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Most people won't download, install, and take the time to figure out new software unless they have a good reason.

... "But colored coins can do all these things"

Yes, ok, but here are some semi-rhetorical questions:

1) Is there a huge community currently using the opal version of them?  No. It's new.  Ok, but isn't the point of colored coins to trade assets?  If it's empty and desolate trading, why would I be the first?

2) If I use it, do I have to go find other people to want to use the opal version of them?

3) Who is using the opal version of them now?   Who will be using the opal version of them tomorrow?

4) Ok, ok, ok, I'll bite. Before I do, let me see a few screenshots.  Oh, there are none?  How about a youtube? none?

5) How come I didn't read about this on cointelegraph or coindesk.com ?

6) Why hasn't supernet announced anything about this?  Wasn't that the point of the supernet community, to cross-promote and share achievements with its sister coins?

7) jl7777 has done extremely well building up excitement and getting people to invest in his "offerings". Was he consulted about the best way to launch colored coins? He could have given some good free advice about this, and should have helped give you ideas prior to launch.
a link between dump and coins stolen?

No, or maybe not the main guilty Smiley

I think it is more a downstream based on our recent lack of Cohesion after all the announcement we made these last 4 months.

Cheap opal is good for newcomers, and Opal needs wallets !
Almost certainly. Big new feature released and barely a mention anywhere in 24 hours, I'm afraid the lack of community and PR/promotion/marketing is putting this development firmly into the shadows. It will either make for a nice surprise when cryptoworld wakes up to OPAL or it will cause it to fade and die quietly. Hopefully the former.

One of the future plans of the Opalteam is to better market the release,
The Colorcore release is great but it is a Beta, released in order to let the community test it.
-We are focused on Opal development and we are spending more time to build each steps.
- I am building an Opal store and it takes me time
So if yes, there is less community managment, There's no lack of promotion: because except Colorcore (which is a release and which will have special ops) there is nothing new to promote !
More precisely there is simply less interest on Opal because:

-Misleading news
-Fake wallet story
-Storj affair

-Runtime errors on Windows
-Lack of new roadmap

the grey are fixed, we are working on the two last one
When we will be ready, we will put strenghts into PR & promotion

As we said before, we are not a pump and dump coin.
in 5 months of existence, we produced a lot of devs and/or improvments for the cryptocurrencies: just Give opalteam some times to digest this !
Smiley

Activity: 279
a link between dump and coins stolen?

No, or maybe not the main guilty Smiley

I think it is more a downstream based on our recent lack of Cohesion after all the announcement we made these last 4 months.

Cheap opal is good for newcomers, and Opal needs wallets !
Almost certainly. Big new feature released and barely a mention anywhere in 24 hours, I'm afraid the lack of community and PR/promotion/marketing is putting this development firmly into the shadows. It will either make for a nice surprise when cryptoworld wakes up to OPAL or it will cause it to fade and die quietly. Hopefully the former.
Pages:
Jump to: