Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ParallelCoin - DUO - SHA256 + Scrypt | Community Takeover - page 16. (Read 61140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
Maybe this is my first post, but I am already four years old Cheesy

Our child:
The Spirit of ParallelCoin Cheesy
Activity: 375
Merit: 103
Coinz-Universe

hehe... rehi.. how have you been for such a long time? Smiley
Activity: 5
Merit: 10
Coinz-Universe
Added to Miningpool to sha256 algos: http://cryptopool.at

Fast payout every 30min after maturity

-o stratum+tcp://cryptopool.at:3333 -u -p c=DUO

Cool, thank you for adding DUO to your mining pool.
Would it be possible to add scrypt mining, too, as there are many sha256 pools, but not many scrypt pools around.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
Added to Miningpool to sha256 algos: http://cryptopool.at

Fast payout every 30min after maturity

-o stratum+tcp://cryptopool.at:3333 -u -p c=DUO
Activity: 1202
Merit: 507
Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop
Parallel Coin has now been added to the prelisting vote on https://sonox.io Exchange platform.
The top 3 coins will receive a contribution in SONO.
You can vote on 3 different coins every day.
So remember to come back tomorrow and vote on your project!

Sonox.io is launching officially on the 28th of August.
Coinz-Universe
I have recently added ParallelCoin (DUO) to my calculator and is able to provide you with some interesting statistics and graph about this coin.
https://shittomine.com/calculator/coin/DUO/

thank you for adding. Many interesting infos available on your website.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
CoinToMine.Today
I have recently added ParallelCoin (DUO) to my calculator and is able to provide you with some interesting statistics and graph about this coin.
https://shittomine.com/calculator/coin/DUO/
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
I just went thro code of that pool script
so, all nodes hosted at bitnodes will have:
*status page, with map of  whole network of an coin
*blockexplorer
*faucet
*wallet(for pocket-size amounts, tests etc, for the beginning, because of securities etc)
+other regular shit for some new made coin
*pool - tonight solution
of course , the first pools will be made for DUO
As always I said I will do few nights ago single pages, but I went to making database solution with login system for members control, as that is first needed then I will use that part for other 2-3 parts, comadmin ,  new  cms
ah yes
I have not told you this
I think even he left few hours from here I have not told him  one part of this part I will tell you first
so as we have need fo cms, for all our websites, and there are and were all WordPress sites at my works as I am an WordPress master :smiley:  but honestly with so many years in experience.... anyhow... I learned golang in last 2 months you know that, thanks to Loki mostly as he is one of a kind teacher... for anything ... some people still think I am mad as I was after few hours of talk just sit in BMW .300hp,  went  to Bulgaria, got that guy, give him apartment and food like to a brother, and all my thoughts were true, the guy is a genius Smiley
So combining all that we get this as natural analogy
https://gopress.io/
I have started, that HUGE CMS in golang, but I figure out that I am doing wordpress logic and all that kind of architecture in the base, but so much simplified and got to next level of how website, web app coms should function
ok, that part Loki knows
but as I have com-http.org also I will use that cms to make a free website for anyone wants with a simple interface, blazing fast, but with most powerful background engine of all existing cms of any web framework
that is why I am putting open source community based, as already we have lets say more than 10 people who will actively be on the project, with code, articles, drawings, plugins, themes, templates of any kind, for anything somebody write for golang, and you need to believe when I say , there is no better and stronger development than of go, but small amount of people get that as it is so new and most of you even don't get what the fuck progressive web apps are
anyhow...  com-http.org will be for wide audience
very wide
and again we will have small P somewhere in some of those colors
*there will be one more feature for bitnodes nodes hosted, but I will keep that secret! If I have not told the story about true master nodes, but from Parallelcoin, made like that ring by those two guys, you know ... sauron and that ... how... wraith .. near Mordor ... one to rule them all... or to make possible people host other coins blockchains and get paid for it. We will discuss is Sauron Loki or me Tongue
Why is BMW with 300hp important... well ... for all this I hope will be done by next year, as from September vortex of power must start and things will be done. That BMW is bought by crypto, same as the apartment where Loki lives.
ParallelCoin will be  from 500-1000 dollars, I will sell some small part, not dump, but again take a few million, and I will by M :PPPP
hahahahhahahahahhahahaha
few of BMW
many of you will help and get a good profit, but the most important thing is that we will have a business that drives the coin, people will use services for free. Nodes will be hosted by consensus, later, in future, first will be direct payments to me so I can pay guys to help me, example is joes021, he is the guy for nodes, but I need to arrange his salary, same as for Loki. As all this now is just me investing money without payback, so that few million is reasonable for me to expect. Thing is I already took lot of money, not ever for just Serbian standards but for good, and not by trading, but from ideas. I was making rigs, metal construction, stickers, etc...
just ideas
now
if I survive ...  Smiley
this will be great
yes, I took a lot of money, but when a man read my way or expression it looks like as or I am mad or not serious Same as when I make jokes people do not get the humor. Totally opposite things. Silly face with a childish way of expressing things which even were not meant to be expressed Tongue
so BMW
like Osho Smiley
Just to make laugh in my head when I see how people react on me with the mustaches from a car of 20K euros
... ok not just.. .. nice car is nice car who don't love to drive that Wink
everything here is broke all deadlines and there is no meaning to talk on that
ok, I was just a little out of my madness to share plans
Cheers!
Coinz-Universe
Time for a news update:

ParallelCoin (DUO) 24 Hour Volume at $783 as Price Makes It to $0.630946
ParallelCoin (DUO) traded up 21.73 percent with dollar during the last 24 hours time period ending 05:15 on July 21st EST. ParallelCoin currently has a cap of $198,570 and its twenty four hour trading volume is about $783. Over the last 7 days, ParallelCoin is 16.51 percent against the dollar along with a change of -0.18 percent through the past hr.
http://www.economicsgazette.com/parallelcoin-duo-24-hour-volume-at-783-as-price-makes-it-to-0-630946.html

ParallelCoin Trading 10.5% Higher Over Last Week (DUO)
ParallelCoin (CURRENCY:DUO) traded 23.2% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 21:00 PM ET on July 20th. ParallelCoin has a market cap of $198,190.00 and approximately $753.00 worth of ParallelCoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One ParallelCoin coin can currently be purchased for about $0.63 or 0.00008695 BTC on popular exchanges including Cryptopia and YoBit. In the last seven days, ParallelCoin has traded 10.5% higher against the U.S. dollar.
https://pressoracle.com/2018/07/21/parallelcoin-trading-10-5-higher-over-last-week-duo.html

More news soon.
Please note: There is still plenty of work done in the background, so await some news and releases in the future. 2018 will get a good year for DUO.
Join DUO Parallelcoin on Discord to read about some of the developments.
Activity: 171
Merit: 3
I need a break!
I think it is a good project. Impeccable vision, a rather interesting website, wise project.

Welcome,

It is a great project, we are also a great community, you will find lots of friendly and helpful people around DUO.

If you have any questions there is always someone around to answer them.

I hope you join us and help spread the word about DUO.

Also keep checking this thread out, there are always updates, and this year should be a good one,

Good Luck.
Activity: 34
I think it is a good project. Impeccable vision, a rather interesting website, wise project.
Coinz-Universe
New Parallelcoin pool and Parallelcoin explorer available:

http://kievpool.com
http://explorer.kievpool.com/
Activity: 85
The discord is here:

https://discord.gg/nJKts94

Heh, you can all point at laugh at my folly with the 'no block sooner than 150 seconds' idea now... It made the chain fork very quickly Smiley More orphans than a Charles Dickens novel.

I am going to test just raising the difficulty adjustment window so it averages over a longer period next.
Activity: 10
Any idea when we will get a discord or telegram? I like discord better
Activity: 171
Merit: 3
I need a break!
I have started on fixing the difficulty adjustment. It amazes me that both bitcoin and litecoin and many other early coins have no defences against a very wide variance in hashpower over time. Once a block comes in at a very high difficulty, the only time it adjusts the difficulty down is when another block, which must be as high as the previous one according to the difficulty. Essentially it averages the last 10, but it can only bump the difficulty up by 2% each time a new block comes in so the attacker can just show up for 5-10 minutes a day, bomb the chain with blocks, and know that likely at least 3 hours before anyone else on the network might find a solution as high as the difficulty has got. I think this is known as the 'instamine' problem.

So, I have been busy searching through the code, following the execution path from starting, and located the place where difficulty is adjusted and where I can potentially add a timer triggered event that I set to exactly 5 minutes, and then it sets a new one for every minute afterwards, that recalculates and propagates a difficulty change.

The other measure I think is required is to massively accelerate the rate at which difficulty rises in response to blocks less than 1 minute apart. These adjustments really should go up fast, I think 4% at the second block in 10 seconds, and each subsequent block less than a minute apart the difficulty adjustment doubles, so next block under 1 minute pushes the difficulty up 8%, the 4th will trigger 16%, 5th at 32%. This should at least slow the second block to the root of the interval between (so if it was 4 seconds between the next will be likely at least 16, after that 256, and then by this time we are at close to a normal block period).

This adjusts to the massive jump in hashpower quickly, and then after that the previous timer triggered event will lower the difficulty by 2% every minute past 5 minutes time. It should lower to actual available hashpower within 20-30 minutes which will be long enough to at least double if not quadruple the cost of this attacker compared to their profit. They would need to keep mining at least for half an hour to get more than 3 or 4 blocks, and they don't even seem to hang around longer than about 5 minutes. This makes sense since this is the averaging period and after 20 blocks it has risen by 1.02^10 at least, 21% higher, but the longer the gap the more likely the chain is to adjust downwards.

Essentially the chain doesn't currently have a strategy to deal with a sharp decrease in block time and this means that the target is woefully incorrect most of the time. When being attacked, it isn't high enough, when the attack is over, it has no way to adjust back to normal hashpower.

In fact, another measure could be an option, to simply disallow any block arriving less than 1 minute since the previous. This should not be based on the block timestamp, but instead simply the accept block function can be set to reject anything sooner than 60 seconds since the last and just drop the block. This might be even simpler to implement than adding a timer triggered event. All the necessary variables are already in scope where I would add it. There is absolutely no benefit to blocks arriving closer than 30 seconds anyway, and one minute is a reasonable minimum.

The process by which servers in a distributed network decide what to accept and what to reject has a built in subjectivity. The transactions do not propagate instantly to all nodes at once, every node has a different memory pool, most of the time, to any other, at any given moment in time. By disallowing a subjective 1 minute time limit after a block that any block arriving before 60 seconds after the last was received, we are not trusting the timestamps on the blocks, which can be post-dated by some period (I think with bitcoin it's an hour either way), but rather just how the blocks propagate. If a block comes in close to this boundary, it may be that say 25% of the nodes reject the block if it arrived sooner for them than the previous arrived, the block will still succeed because most nodes didn't see it until after they saw the previous one.

Anyway, I need to set some agenda items here in the Lab, hopefully I will see the boss soon.

Great to see such detailed updates, keep up the good work  Grin
I have started on fixing the difficulty adjustment. It amazes me that both bitcoin and litecoin and many other early coins have no defences against a very wide variance in hashpower over time. Once a block comes in at a very high difficulty, the only time it adjusts the difficulty down is when another block, which must be as high as the previous one according to the difficulty. Essentially it averages the last 10, but it can only bump the difficulty up by 2% each time a new block comes in so the attacker can just show up for 5-10 minutes a day, bomb the chain with blocks, and know that likely at least 3 hours before anyone else on the network might find a solution as high as the difficulty has got. I think this is known as the 'instamine' problem.

So, I have been busy searching through the code, following the execution path from starting, and located the place where difficulty is adjusted and where I can potentially add a timer triggered event that I set to exactly 5 minutes, and then it sets a new one for every minute afterwards, that recalculates and propagates a difficulty change.

The other measure I think is required is to massively accelerate the rate at which difficulty rises in response to blocks less than 1 minute apart. These adjustments really should go up fast, I think 4% at the second block in 10 seconds, and each subsequent block less than a minute apart the difficulty adjustment doubles, so next block under 1 minute pushes the difficulty up 8%, the 4th will trigger 16%, 5th at 32%. This should at least slow the second block to the root of the interval between (so if it was 4 seconds between the next will be likely at least 16, after that 256, and then by this time we are at close to a normal block period).

This adjusts to the massive jump in hashpower quickly, and then after that the previous timer triggered event will lower the difficulty by 2% every minute past 5 minutes time. It should lower to actual available hashpower within 20-30 minutes which will be long enough to at least double if not quadruple the cost of this attacker compared to their profit. They would need to keep mining at least for half an hour to get more than 3 or 4 blocks, and they don't even seem to hang around longer than about 5 minutes. This makes sense since this is the averaging period and after 20 blocks it has risen by 1.02^10 at least, 21% higher, but the longer the gap the more likely the chain is to adjust downwards.

Essentially the chain doesn't currently have a strategy to deal with a sharp decrease in block time and this means that the target is woefully incorrect most of the time. When being attacked, it isn't high enough, when the attack is over, it has no way to adjust back to normal hashpower.

In fact, another measure could be an option, to simply disallow any block arriving less than 1 minute since the previous. This should not be based on the block timestamp, but instead simply the accept block function can be set to reject anything sooner than 60 seconds since the last and just drop the block. This might be even simpler to implement than adding a timer triggered event. All the necessary variables are already in scope where I would add it. There is absolutely no benefit to blocks arriving closer than 30 seconds anyway, and one minute is a reasonable minimum.

The process by which servers in a distributed network decide what to accept and what to reject has a built in subjectivity. The transactions do not propagate instantly to all nodes at once, every node has a different memory pool, most of the time, to any other, at any given moment in time. By disallowing a subjective 1 minute time limit after a block that any block arriving before 60 seconds after the last was received, we are not trusting the timestamps on the blocks, which can be post-dated by some period (I think with bitcoin it's an hour either way), but rather just how the blocks propagate. If a block comes in close to this boundary, it may be that say 25% of the nodes reject the block if it arrived sooner for them than the previous arrived, the block will still succeed because most nodes didn't see it until after they saw the previous one.

Anyway, I need to set some agenda items here in the Lab, hopefully I will see the boss soon.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Well If its still SHA256 I am willing to add it to my pool that i have just opened.

Add also scrypt, plz Smiley
Activity: 10
Ok kievpool Is up and running with Parallel Coin added. We have found about 5 blocks come and join us you may even get a bonus  Wink
make sure to sign up and create your worker.
just set your miners to this
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://pool.kievpool.com:4266 -u worker name -p x
you can also join the pools discord by going to discord.gg/XUzCsdZ

Happy mining
Indeed. It's not just bad for mining it's also bad for transactions. I really have to fix it before moving on to the new version is written.

I've currently got a weird problem with the build, it's working 100% perfect on my home pc's system but the system I am running at the lab is not working properly for some strange reason.  I will be working on fixing this and adding to the consensus a lowering of difficulty and changing how the difficulty is computed. It needs to more aggressively raise difficulty when hashpower rises, maybe as much as 4 or even 8 times as aggressive, and after the space between blocks rises over about 20 minutes it should aggressively lower difficulty until a block is found.

The attacker on the chain is exploiting the fact the difficulty does not return to match the hashpower that is present most of the time, so they are monopolising blocks and causing them to come in a short burst every 3-12 hours. If we could stop them getting more than half of their blocks as they dump hashpower on the network, then slowly lower the difficulty, accelerating it, back down over the hour after these rises, the miner would either have to run on the network for longer, lowering their profit, or go elsewhere to exploit flaws in cryptos for profit.

I think I can probably make a solution for it, but it will also require us to get the exchanges and other services related to the coin to accept the change to the consensus.

I may have to add the merge mining before any new client is worked on also, to allow more hashpower to be on the coin and reduce the fluctuation that would be caused by coin-hoppers like the one we have on our chain.
Pages:
Jump to: