Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 22. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 102
I have set up my miners, but am unsure how everything works in the wallet. Can someone please make a video explaining everything and upload it to youtube please. Thanks.

There are several PascalCoin Videos already
'
When is the fork/update planned to happen?

It is not decided yet.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
When is the fork/update planned to happen?
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
So what's going on in pascal? Do you guys that have invested in it think it will come back to 100,000 sats? I'm trying to understand what projects are valuable that have survived the test of time.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I have set up my miners, but am unsure how everything works in the wallet. Can someone please make a video explaining everything and upload it to youtube please. Thanks.
I don't understand how V4 will help with anything.  How using spare CPU cycles (which I don't have) is of any benefit to an average John.

I ran the TESTNET for over 2 weeks and still don't see the full picture.

I have an old gaming computer and I would rather use it for other purposes which means the CPU needs to be utilized for whatever application that I'm running needs.  Along with the GPUs and other components.

First of all V4 stops dual mining, where miners just add mining of PascalCoin even it doesn't really pay off. Dual mining is harmful because it makes it unrealistic expensive to mine PascalCoin.
Next it stops asic mining and opens for cpu mining to make it more difficult to establish a monopoly.

It is nice of you to run a TESTNET node, but in my opinion you run too many nodes right now. It is a waste of electric power and even makes it difficult for other people to test things.
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
List of PascalCoin mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/pascalcoin
apt installed version 1.6+dfsg-1, is it same as yours?

Mint 19 based on Ubuntu 18.04 has Lazarus 1.8.2 + dfsg-3 and FPC 3.0.4 as standard packets installed by the software manager. You can install 1.8.4 manually but then you have to do some manually setup to make it work
Activity: 334
Merit: 263
Frequent lurker here
Always astounded by the level of interaction, # of posts per day, all that jazz. PascalCoin really has a great community.

And... major interaction is on our discord channel!

Join: https://discord.gg/4SJR4PE
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Frequent lurker here
Always astounded by the level of interaction, # of posts per day, all that jazz. PascalCoin really has a great community.
Activity: 346
Merit: 107

Code:
apt install lazarus-ide
  Installs everything.  I have used that to run the wallet from source for many months on few different Linux systems.

The apt source is unchanged. 
Code:
main non-free contrib

The only proprietary software/driver I use is the NVidia for Linux (1080ti).  Note:  It works with 1080ti out of the box with the open driver, but the GPU acceleration is nonexistent.

It may not work on Mint.  I gave up on it.  Too many issues with compatibility on generic PC hardware.

Ubuntu/Debian derivative should work 100%.

apt installed version 1.6+dfsg-1, is it same as yours?
Is there any plan to port PascalCoin to another language?
I've always found this coin great, but just thinking of compiling  Pascal wallet for my linux distro gives me headaches.

I'm a Linux user. Mint 19.

I install Lazarus and Free Pascal and compile PascalCoin binaries without any headache at all.

The Software Manager installs Lazarus and FPC automatically. The source code of PascalCoin is downloaded fro Github and unzipped into a directory. Then I can compile just by opening the project file in Lazarus and click Compile in the menu. I don't even need to set anything under Project Options, but of course I can set options to get more compact binaries.

It can't be more easy  Grin

I'm not that lucky with Mint 18.2. Lazarus asked me to install a package named multithreadprocslaz, I found it and downloaded it but now I got an error about FCL.
I've always found this coin great, but just thinking of compiling  Pascal wallet for my linux distro gives me headaches.

I'm a Linux user. Mint 19.

I install Lazarus and Free Pascal and compile PascalCoin binaries without any headache at all.

The Software Manager installs Lazarus and FPC automatically. The source code of PascalCoin is downloaded fro Github and unzipped into a directory. Then I can compile just by opening the project file in Lazarus and click Compile in the menu. I don't even need to set anything under Project Options, but of course I can set options to get more compact binaries.

It can't be more easy  Grin
Activity: 385
Merit: 110
I compiled the server node (TESTNET) for Windows 10 and left it running.

Windows did an overnight update.  Turn on my monitor and it was blank.

I forgot why I don't use Windows anymore.

This is not really a valid complaint against Windows, use the Enterprise version of Windows and then this "auto-update" problem should not happen ! Wink Smiley =D
What is the V3 fork mentioned in the title about? You don't need to explain, but just please provide a link with all the story, since reading back the Whole thread is not an option.

Most important changes was
Build 3.0.0 - 2018-05-02
Implementation of Hard fork on block 210000
PIP - 0010: 50% inflation reduction
PIP - 0011: 20% Development reward
PIP - 0017: Anonymity via transaction mixing (multioperation)
New target calc on protocol V3 in order to reduce the sinusoidal effect

If you want more you should perhaps read the whitepapers
https://www.pascalcoin.org/whitepapers
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
What is the V3 fork mentioned in the title about? You don't need to explain, but just please provide a link with all the story, since reading back the Whole thread is not an option.
@jason

TESTNET is crashing.  hundreds of ops.

It's choking.

It is a TESTNET so of course people try to stress test it. Grin
But it didn't crash. It is still running.
Activity: 229
Merit: 101
I'm going make a website focusing on Pascal on-boarding for banks! Feel free to share my signature. Some of the links can be changed, of course. I wondered why Circle/GoldmanS bought Poloniex but maybe PASC was a contributing factor. Link to Feb/2018 story.
https://bitcoinist.com/goldman-sachs-circle-poloniex-now-what/

EDIT: If we were working on a job together it certainly wouldn't be easy. I joined Bitcointalk long enough ago to earn some respect. Only two consistent posters here holds back many new entrants to Pascal, I'm quite sure. I'm familiar with software development and respect your talent but I'm not happy with your exclusivity.
Is there any need to keep the TESTNET running?

It would be nice i you let one node running so we keep the testnet alive. But no need for running many miners. To many makes it difficult to test because it takes ages to find a block.

But thank you for helping.

By the way mostly noting bad happens if you ignore updates for some time.

Pages:
Jump to: