Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 19. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 101
Is there a setup guide for PascalCoinMiner_4.0 anywhere? I don't see anything on Github or the Pascal site.

There is if you read carefully.

PlasticBanQ.com is building the world’s first true 360-degree Reverse Logistics platform for Plastics Recycling, leveraging blockchain and our native cryptocurrency. Sign-up for Bounty Campaigns, Beta Test Program and Early Adopter status. https://bit.ly/2PfHzK3

I need a beer.  I had a long workday.  I usually don't start drinking until 7.
Please get back to me if you are having trouble following the instructions.
It did take me about 1 minute to decipher them.   Huh

It's 11 minutes to 7.  I will be back.  Okay?

Cheers. 

I hear you on that front, need to crack a cold one myself. Maybe I'm just half asleep today...I found info on Ployminer's rhminer implementation easily enough, but not for PascalCoinMiner_4.0. Regardless I found the issue that was causing the miner to exit on launch - i.e. just change miner server private key to always use the same key.

*raises glass* Thanks for the nudge.

I wish I could be of more help, but I have no idea what "PascalCoinMiner_4.0" is.
Sounds like some sort of an archive.  tar.gz of binary code?

I recommend that you read the official website (I have only spent several hundred hours reading about PascalCoin) since its launch.
Then possibly join the Discord group.
All the answers are there.

Let's just say that it works fine.  PascalCoin, that is.
No worries mate. I've already done all of the above and have likewise been following the project for at least a year or more. PascalCoinMiner_4.0 seems to be the official Randomhash miner based on the latest releases on the official Git repository https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/releases - there just doesn't appear to be any documentation yet. Appreciate the help though.
Activity: 564
Merit: 100
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers
Is there a setup guide for PascalCoinMiner_4.0 anywhere? I don't see anything on Github or the Pascal site.

PlasticBanQ.com is building the world’s first true 360-degree Reverse Logistics platform for Plastics Recycling, leveraging blockchain and our native cryptocurrency. Sign-up for Bounty Campaigns, Beta Test Program and Early Adopter status. https://bit.ly/2PfHzK3

Cheers. 

I hear you on that front, need to crack a cold one myself. Maybe I'm just half asleep today...I found info on Ployminer's rhminer implementation easily enough, but not for PascalCoinMiner_4.0. Regardless I found the issue that was causing the miner to exit on launch - i.e. just change miner server private key to always use the same key.

I wish I could be of more help, but I have no idea what "PascalCoinMiner_4.0" is.
Sounds like some sort of an archive.  tar.gz of binary code?

I recommend that you read the official website (I have only spent several hundred hours reading about PascalCoin) since its launch.
Then possibly join the Discord group.
All the answers are there.

Let's just say that it works fine.  PascalCoin, that is.

Cheers. 

Cheers. 
@Polyminer

I'm not sure if you check here.

I ran a test on TESTNET.  A combined GPU+CPU mining for several hours.

15 CPU threads + 400 on each 1080ti (I have two in my Linux system).

The average HR was higher than CPU only and GPU miner did find blocks.

Code:
Miner 08:22:01   Total: 2088 H/S (GPU0 160 H/S GPU1 200 H/S CPU 1728 H/S).  AVG 1978.49

Power usage fluctuates, but GPUs run very cool.

Code:
root@the-beast:~# nvidia-smi
Wed Nov  7 08:29:24 2018      
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 390.87                 Driver Version: 390.87                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:01:00.0  On |                  N/A |
| 46%   67C    P2   113W / 250W |   4694MiB / 11175MiB |    100%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:02:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 28%   60C    P2   134W / 250W |   4415MiB / 11178MiB |    100%      Default |

I'm not sure how you managed 200 H/S out of a 1060 6GB.  Maybe 1080tis are not suitable.  I have not guessed the correct amount of threads.

The miner did not crash.  OS:  Kali Linux.

Cheers.

~Thomas

Hi @tlaskows, Indeed CPU+GPU mining is a little bit slower on the cpu side because of the CUDA driver and some internal stuff that occurs in the miner (mainly gpu mining handling !)

As it was stated many times, GPU mining of RandomHash is slower by design. But it has some room for improvement that will come in the later weeks (if all goes well).

If I read correct, you have 400 GPU threads per 1080. I'm, sure you can raise that substantially. Look at the "Ideal CUDA thread count" on the rhminer main page : https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer#ideal-cuda-threads-count

Still ~2000 H/s for a system like that is awesome in comparisons to typical systems (i5, i3...)

Cheers.
Polyminer1

Thank you for the clarification.
I tried various settings and GPUs just slow down that CPU.

It would only make sense of someone already had a "GPU mining farm".   Wink

BTW.  I compared performance on Linux vs Windows 10.  Major difference in regards to performance too.
Real numbers.  about 25% slower on Windows and HR all over the place.

Cheers,

~Thomas
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Hi,

I posted the official announcement of the rhminer here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.47684510

Feel free to askquestions there.

Or join the official discord channel at https://discord.gg/x4Yaq4

cheers.
Polyminer1

I am not sure if polyminer1 read this thread my question for him would be:

1. Did you "profile/benchmark" randomhash with delphi/pascal code first to see where major bottlenecks occur in randomhash ? Or was randomhash simply converted to c/c++ without doing any bottleneck/performance analysis in delphi/pascal code ?

Hi Skybuck, nice to see you here Smiley

RandomHash was written from scratch in C++. That's roughly 9000 lines of code, just for the algorithm, that where R&D, developed, stabilized and optimized over 6 months full time for CPU and CUDA.

As you mentioned sooner, the algo is rough on memory. It makes *A LOT* of random memory access, specially byte access !
This was one of the point to achieve CPU dominance over GPU. The other was an algorithmic optimization that only work on CPU.

Cheers.
Polyminer1
@Polyminer

Code:
Miner 08:22:01   Total: 2088 H/S (GPU0 160 H/S GPU1 200 H/S CPU 1728 H/S).  AVG 1978.49

Code:

I'm not sure how you managed 200 H/S out of a 1060 6GB.  Maybe 1080tis are not suitable.  I have not guessed the correct amount of threads.

Cheers.

~Thomas

Hi @tlaskows, Indeed CPU+GPU mining is a little bit slower on the cpu side because of the CUDA driver and some internal stuff that occurs in the miner (mainly gpu mining handling !)

As it was stated many times, GPU mining of RandomHash is slower by design. But it has some room for improvement that will come in the later weeks (if all goes well).

If I read correct, you have 400 GPU threads per 1080. I'm, sure you can raise that substantially. Look at the "Ideal CUDA thread count" on the rhminer main page : https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer#ideal-cuda-threads-count

Still ~2000 H/s for a system like that is awesome in comparisons to typical systems (i5, i3...)

Cheers.
Polyminer1

I am rebooting into Windows 10 on this same system.

I suspect that there is a big performance difference.  OS overhead.
I shall verify my suspicions.

Windows chokes every computer I have.  Maybe it's just me.

This problem is almost everyone who used Microsoft products mate. So much garbage is stuffed from the first days that it is difficult to work with time. In this case, the Apple is all the better. But this is a privilege of a closed operating system rather.

I don't use M$ products.  Or Apple proprietary.

It's ridiculous.  Takes me several days to delete and disable all the useless stuff in Windows 10 and it still sucks.

I have Kali on my old POS MacBook Pro.

macOS killed it.  Planned obsolesce.  I had more than a dozen of Apple products that died 'accidentally' and none of them were covered under warranty, but they were still on warranty.  Apple considers those normal use wear and tear.
Activity: 798
Merit: 256

This problem is almost everyone who used Microsoft products mate. So much garbage is stuffed from the first days that it is difficult to work with time. In this case, the Apple is all the better. But this is a privilege of a closed operating system rather.

@Polyminer

Code:

Code:

Cheers.

~Thomas
Using rhminer on i7 6700, I got about 600 h/s. That's about +200 more compared to bundled pascalcoinminer.

I get around 600 h/s on an old i7-4770k.  Similar specs to your CPU, just older.  2011 production date stamped on the chip.

BTW.  Polyminer updated to fix some HR status issues.

I tried the Pascal GPU version.  ~200 max on a 1080ti.  Killer speed.   Wink

You can see my old Haswell Xeon on the TESTNET.  I would like to think the HR is off, probably not.
Can you extract some block with this hashrate?

On TESTNET, I can extract a block with 7 H/s.  But it would take some time.  The difficulty on TESTNET is quite high right now.
This is not a production environment.

To answer your question.  If you would like to support decentralization of PascalCoin, even 200 h/s will do.  600 h/s is very good.  That is a higher end CPU.

Also, you can mine using the GPU version and it does work.  I tested it.  Polyminer posted some benches he did on his GitHub page.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
Using rhminer on i7 6700, I got about 600 h/s. That's about +200 more compared to bundled pascalcoinminer.

I get around 600 h/s on an old i7-4770k.  Similar specs to your CPU, just older.  2011 production date stamped on the chip.

You can see my old Haswell Xeon on the TESTNET.  I would like to think the HR is off, probably not.
Can you extract some block with this hashrate?

Hmm shitty german laptop just found a block haha !

Then rhminer said: "end of devmode"... "you an awesome person" ! Wink

I wonder what this means exactly.

Perhaps the 1% fee is only for 1 block or something ? and then it's disabled or it's because testnet... not sure...

Hmm I wonder how this fee is applied.

Doesn't seem implemented... see no transactions in operations explorer ? Hmmm...

Maybe that devmode is ment for stratum/mining pools ?

* little update note to consider *:

This time the shitty german laptop is running the rhminer cpu version.... with two threads... and it's hash rate is higher than pascalcoinminer.

However CPU utilization not that much 56% or so... I am kinda amazed that laptop hasn't shutdown yet...

Another explanation might be that the block explorer (if visible) in pascalcoin deadlocks and might make the laptop crash.

But for now I will assume the laptop only crashes/shutsdown if it gets to hot... I could try running more threads... to see if I can force it to overheat again... without showing the block explorer... just to make sure it's not some windows nt kernel dll deadlock that makes this laptop intel cpu crash... but for now I am pooped Smiley and almost time for bed so this will have to wait till tomorrow.

See you ! =D

I would say try more threads.  I am stress testing the TESTNET with The Beast.

15 threads at once.  Will it crash or not in 7 hours?

Take a guess...  I called it The Beast for a reason, you know.   Smiley

Update:

6 hours on the TESTNET with CPU maxed out.  Temps did not go above 60 degrees.  Thanks for guessing @Skybuckflying.

BTW.  @Polyminer did an amazing job.  He spent a lot of his own time on this.  I am not removing the dev fee.  That message "Thanks..." is hardcoded.
@Skybuckflying.  He was nice enough to provide the source code and tell you how to remove the dev fee.  Read the GitHub page.
Activity: 385
Merit: 110
Hmm shitty german laptop just found a block haha !

Then rhminer said: "end of devmode"... "you an awesome person" ! Wink

I wonder what this means exactly.

Perhaps the 1% fee is only for 1 block or something ? and then it's disabled or it's because testnet... not sure...

Hmm I wonder how this fee is applied.

Doesn't seem implemented... see no transactions in operations explorer ? Hmmm...

Maybe that devmode is ment for stratum/mining pools ?

* little update note to consider *:

This time the shitty german laptop is running the rhminer cpu version.... with two threads... and it's hash rate is higher than pascalcoinminer.

However CPU utilization not that much 56% or so... I am kinda amazed that laptop hasn't shutdown yet...

Another explanation might be that the block explorer (if visible) in pascalcoin deadlocks and might make the laptop crash.

But for now I will assume the laptop only crashes/shutsdown if it gets to hot... I could try running more threads... to see if I can force it to overheat again... without showing the block explorer... just to make sure it's not some windows nt kernel dll deadlock that makes this laptop intel cpu crash... but for now I am pooped Smiley and almost time for bed so this will have to wait till tomorrow.

See you ! =D
Activity: 385
Merit: 110
Hi,

I see you tasklow on the blockchain lol... with new rhminer... and some other peeps too.

Tried a few settings.

First rhminer complained about error error no credentials given or something but this was probably the windows firewall still blocking, this was a bit difficult to notice since the entire system went slow cause I tried default string which used 4 threads, only dual core system. After shutting rhminer down the firewall question remained and I answered it... to allow it.

Then re-running rhminer finally worked for cpu setup, example below:

C:\test>rhminer.exe -v 2 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4109 -cpu 0 -cputhreads 1 -e
xtrapayload HelloWorld

rhminer v0.9 beta for CPU and NVIDIA GPUs by polyminer1 (http://github.com/pol
yminer1)
  NVIDIA CUDA SDK 9.2

Donations : Pascal account 529692-23
  Donations : Bitcoin address 19GfXGpRJfwcHPx2Nf8wHgMps8Eat1o4Jp

Log   06:16:16   Selecting CPU (GPU1) AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3
800+ to mine on 2 cores with 1 threads
Net   06:16:16   Solomining on deamon 127.0.0.1:4109
Log   06:16:16   MiniWeb: Webserver started on port 7111
Net   06:16:16   Received new Work #1. Work target 0x000136df (diff 0.00001257)
Miner 06:16:26   Shares: Accepted 0  Rejected 0  Failed 0 Up for 00:00:10
Miner 06:16:26   Total: CPU XXXXXXXXX H/S. AVG XXXXXXX.00 (X = censored LOL)

The webserver at 7111 is a bit concerning though, but ok Wink

Then I also tried gpu... actually tried this first I think, but unfortunately eventually it gave this error:

C:\test>rhminer.exe -v 2 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4109 -gpu 0 -gputhreads 32 -
extrapayload HelloWorld

rhminer v0.9 beta for CPU and NVIDIA GPUs by polyminer1 (http://github.com/pol
yminer1)
  NVIDIA CUDA SDK 9.2

Log   06:11:54   Selecting GPU0 GeForce GT 520 to mine with 32 threads
Net   06:11:54   Solomining on deamon 127.0.0.1:4109
Log   06:11:54   MiniWeb: Webserver started on port 7111
Net   06:11:54   Received new Work #1. Work target 0x000165e2 (diff 0.00001091)
GPU0  06:11:54   CUDA call error in cudaSetDevice(m_deviceID) : CUDA driver vers
ion is insufficient for CUDA runtime version.

A quick google learns this is because cuda 9 does not support fermi anymore, last version was cuda 8.

The nice thing is rhminer is a bit more efficient then the pascalcoinminer... something like two or three or four times faster on my system... so that's a nice software upgrade to start with Wink

I tried the kepler version which is lowest/closest to fermi as can be seen here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

Perhaps it's possible to re-compile rhminer with cuda 8 so it can still run on fermi... not sure if rhminer uses cuda 9 features or something... hmmm...

Bye,
  Skybuck.
@Skybuck

Bring it on.  Or go home.

root@the-beast:~/rhminer_Pascal# uname -a
Linux the-beast 4.18.0-kali2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.18.10-2kali1 (2018-10-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@the-beast:~/rhminer_Pascal# ./rhminer -list

rhminer v0.9 beta for CPU and NVIDIA GPUs by polyminer1 (http://github.com/polyminer1)
  NVIDIA CUDA SDK 9.1

List of gpus and cpus:
GPU0 : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
GPU1 : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
CPU  : Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.40GHz
root@the-beast:~/rhminer_Pascal# nvidia-smi
Mon Nov  5 23:49:28 2018      
|  0%   39C    P8    14W / 250W |    324MiB / 11175MiB |      1%      Default |
|  0%   31C    P8     8W / 250W |      2MiB / 11178MiB |      0%      Default |

BTW.  I just tested it.  GPU version works, but it's slower.  You need 9MB of GPU memory per mining thread.
I launched 1024 threads.  Maxed out 11GB on a 1080ti.
Redo your numbers again.   Grin
Pages:
Jump to: