Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 17. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 564
Merit: 100
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers
What happened? Can't mine PASC on nanopool anymore ......
Even going to the nanopool page i get a google chrome attack warning .....

Anybody knows what's going on?

Short answer is...
PASC changed an algo on block 260000. Now it is a "random hash". It was supposed to be ASIC, GPU and Pool resistant. That is why nanopool and contron don't work.

If you need a long answer read this https://www.pascalcoin.org/storage/whitepapers/RandomHash_Whitepaper.pdf

Coinotron is up and running. We had some issues after block 260000 but we fixed them. We already found 1 block.

Fine, i downloaded the rhminer for windows to give it a try with my 8700k CPU, but honestly, i wasn't able to figure out how to setup this ......
Any chance someone posts a step by step what how when where to do with the rhminer???

1. Register here: https://www.coinotron.com/app?action=register
2. Create one worker
3. run miner using this command: rhminer.exe -v2 -r 20 -s stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3350 -su username.workername

I did around 12 hours ago.  Looks like it's okay now.  It was getting 0 H/s for 7 workers (12 hours ago).
Few old laptops.  My display name starts with "fun".
I probably forgot to take my meds.

You speak thruth ! =D

You number 1 on coin-o-tron:

https://www.coinotron.com/app?action=statistics

funsociety 2.9kh

The estimated coins seems to be disceptive though:

Perhaps this only considered coin-o-tron being the only one mining ?

Hmmm let's see if this math is correct:

24 hours * 60 / 5 = 288 blocks per day * 40 coins = 11520 coins per day.

About 9 kh/sec for coin-o-tron in total...

Total hash rate seems to be 1.6 m/sec.

So coin-o-trons share of that would be

9000 / 1600000 = 0.005625 * 11520 = 64.8 coins per day in total...

You would get 3 / 9 out that:

64.8 * 1/3 = 21.6

Wow that's pretty close....

Can't believe that with only 3 kh/sec it would result in 21 coins per day... interesting.

My share could be 2 / 90 of that which would be: 1.44 coins per day.

But this does assume that coin-o-tron finds one...

I am seriously starting to wonder if randomhash or rhminer is somehow biased and less fair than sha256.... but 1.44 coins sounds good to me.

Will try tomorrow but by then more miners on coin-o-tron... but even lower fraction of that would be a little bit interesting.

Could probably double this to 2.88 coins.

I have an idea... I have the "shitty" german laptop off right now... I will let that one mine on coin-o-tron...

To see how it goes... one laptop solo... one laptop pooled =D

No, I always make stuff up.

I'm on Zyprexa.  The world looks so beautiful now.

Like I said previously.  I take my vitamins.
Activity: 385
Merit: 110
Something weird just happened with RHMiner... after 54 minutes it said:

end of dev mode...

Thank you, you an awesome person...

For a moment there I thought my laptop found a block ?

Maybe it did or maybe it didn't and it was just time related ? At that very time I was starting up second laptop... so many it wasn't fast enough to send the block to the blockchain maybe it was not accepted cause there was already a new one.. not sure... in the log it said nothing.

I did see some access violation higher up in log read of address 20 or so...

Anybody know if devmode is turned off automatically after 54 minutes or is there another trigger ?! hmmm...

WOW !!!!

Perhaps my toshiba laptop did find a block but pascalcoin issued a warning:

"Cannot AddNewBlockChain due blocking lock operations node"

This was two minutes after this message of rhminer came about... assuming that time display is actually wall clock time and not time since miner started hmmmm.

Perhaps there is a bug in pascal coin preventing new found blocks from being added properly...

Not sure what rhminer or pascalcoin would normally display if a block was found and about to be added ?

(I am going to dive into pascalcoin source code to see where this error message happens).

function TNode.AddNewBlockChain(SenderConnection: TNetConnection; NewBlockOperations: TPCOperationsComp;
  var newBlockAccount: TBlockAccount; var errors: AnsiString): Boolean;

in TNode.pas

Not sure when this function is called.... maybe when new block is found ? maybe not ?

If Not TPCThread.TryProtectEnterCriticalSection(Self,2000,FLockNodeOperations) then begin
      If NewBlockOperations.OperationBlock.block<>Bank.BlocksCount then exit;
      s := 'Cannot AddNewBlockChain due blocking lock operations node';
      TLog.NewLog(lterror,Classname,s);
      if TThread.CurrentThread.ThreadID=MainThreadID then raise Exception.Create(s) else exit;
    end;

My best guess for now what happened might be the following:

The earlier access violation might have occured during such a critical section, then the critical section was not leaved correctly, leading to this lock still being locked.

If true this could mean that pascalcoin is seriously bugged and has to be restarted to correct this lock, otherwise found blocks will never be added properly.

So this could be a very serious bug if true.

Kinda doubt this is true... then again this locking function might be cause:

class function TPCThread.TryProtectEnterCriticalSection(const Sender: TObject;
  MaxWaitMilliseconds: Cardinal; var Lock: TPCCriticalSection): Boolean;
Var tc : TTickCount;
  {$IFDEF HIGHLOG}
  tc2,tc3,lockStartedTimestamp : TTickCount;
  lockCurrThread : TThreadID;
  lockWatingForCounter : Cardinal;
  s : String;
  {$ENDIF}
begin
  tc := TPlatform.GetTickCount;
  if MaxWaitMilliseconds>60000 then MaxWaitMilliseconds := 60000;
  {$IFDEF HIGHLOG}
  lockWatingForCounter := Lock.WaitingForCounter;
  lockStartedTimestamp := Lock.StartedTickCount;
  lockCurrThread := Lock.CurrentThread;
  {$ENDIF}
  Repeat
    Result := Lock.TryEnter;
    if Not Result then sleep(1);
  Until (Result) Or (TPlatform.GetElapsedMilliseconds(tc)>MaxWaitMilliseconds);
  {$IFDEF HIGHLOG}
  if Not Result then begin
    tc2 := TPlatform.GetTickCount;
    if lockStartedTimestamp=0 then lockStartedTimestamp := Lock.StartedTickCount;
    if lockStartedTimestamp=0 then tc3 := 0
    else tc3 := tc2-lockStartedTimestamp;
    s := Format('Cannot Protect a critical section %s %s class %s after %d milis locked by %s waiting %d-%d elapsed milis: %d',
      [IntToHex(PtrInt(Lock),8),Lock.Name,
      Sender.ClassName,tc2-tc,
      IntToHex(lockCurrThread,8)+'-'+IntToHex(Lock.CurrentThread,8),
      lockWatingForCounter,Lock.WaitingForCounter,
      tc3
      ]);
    TLog.NewLog(ltdebug,Classname,s);
  end;
  {$ENDIF}
end;

Then again... perhaps same lock/critical section is used somewhere else and other pieces of code would have to be checked.

I am kinda against the "fault tolerant design of pascalcoin" it hides serious issues like this.

It might be better to let pascalcoin crash, so users can restart it or simply fix these issues.

Now these issues might be unreported/unnoticed for a long time... leading to very unfair mining if true.

One possible solution/remedy is to remove this fault tolerant design and/or implement a pascalcoin crash detection, and on crash restart the pascalcoin client, this might be a better/safer option.

Will have to look into this tomorrow Wink

(Re-typing this bitcoin talk seemed to log me out hmm):

Secondary solution could be two run two pascalcoins, either on different systems, or in different folders/ports, code would need to be adjusted for the later.

First pascalcoin system would be mined on, then after some time, miners switch to second pascalcoin system.

Then first pascalcoin system is shutdown... while mining continues on second pascalcoin system.

Then first pascalcoin system is restarted/reloaded safebox and such.

Then miners switch to first one again. Then second one is restarted and so forth.

So to always have a good as possible running pascalcoin... not sure if this would actually help and fix the problem whatever it might be causing this lock to fail and other serious access violations.

Best solution would simply be to fix the damn problems in the first place ! Wink

Also perhaps collecting/uploading these logs automatically may also help. Bad situation this... loosing a bit of faith in this... crashing might be better to make people realise this software has some serious issues that need to be fixed... perhaps it will lead to more people actually trying to debug this code... instead of praying and hoping for the best...

Not sure if this software can recover at all from locking issues... probably not if a thread keeps the lock or something like that...

This is my second complaint with this software... Would like it to have only 1 or a max of 2 threads... so that it's less race condition prone and easier to debug.

How for main GUI/VCL and 1 for pascal coin engine...

May have to submit a pip for this... doubt it will be accepted but who knows.

Would require rework of TCP handling and some other stuff...

But where there is a will... there is a way... Wink

Perhaps the lock bug was caused when I closed the laptop and windows logged out...

Anyway I am going to halt mining cause I have lost faith in it because of all these bugs... can't be sure it's actually working correctly.

Could just be a waste of electricity at this point.

Short answer is...
PASC changed an algo on block 260000. Now it is a "random hash". It was supposed to be ASIC, GPU and Pool resistant. That is why nanopool and contron don't work.

If you need a long answer read this https://www.pascalcoin.org/storage/whitepapers/RandomHash_Whitepaper.pdf

Coinotron is up and running. We had some issues after block 260000 but we fixed them. We already found 1 block.

Fine, i downloaded the rhminer for windows to give it a try with my 8700k CPU, but honestly, i wasn't able to figure out how to setup this ......
Any chance someone posts a step by step what how when where to do with the rhminer???

2. Create one worker
3. run miner using this command: rhminer.exe -v2 -r 20 -s stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3350 -su username.workername

I did around 12 hours ago.  Looks like it's okay now.  It was getting 0 H/s for 7 workers (12 hours ago).

You speak thruth ! =D

You number 1 on coin-o-tron:

https://www.coinotron.com/app?action=statistics

funsociety 2.9kh

The estimated coins seems to be disceptive though:

Perhaps this only considered coin-o-tron being the only one mining ?

Hmmm let's see if this math is correct:

24 hours * 60 / 5 = 288 blocks per day * 40 coins = 11520 coins per day.

About 9 kh/sec for coin-o-tron in total...

Total hash rate seems to be 1.6 m/sec.

So coin-o-trons share of that would be

9000 / 1600000 = 0.005625 * 11520 = 64.8 coins per day in total...

You would get 3 / 9 out that:

64.8 * 1/3 = 21.6

Wow that's pretty close....

Can't believe that with only 3 kh/sec it would result in 21 coins per day... interesting.

My share could be 2 / 90 of that which would be: 1.44 coins per day.

But this does assume that coin-o-tron finds one...

I am seriously starting to wonder if randomhash or rhminer is somehow biased and less fair than sha256.... but 1.44 coins sounds good to me.

Will try tomorrow but by then more miners on coin-o-tron... but even lower fraction of that would be a little bit interesting.

Could probably double this to 2.88 coins.

I have an idea... I have the "shitty" german laptop off right now... I will let that one mine on coin-o-tron...

To see how it goes... one laptop solo... one laptop pooled =D
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

How do I recreate an old wallet?

I have some file downloaded from my wallet??

Any tutorial somewhere?
Nanopool was dual-mining pascalcoin and ethereum... with randomhash this might no longer work ? So perhaps nanopool has quite.

One block was just recently mined by nanopool, could be an experiment, or a faker or a new attempt of nanopool Wink Smiley

I was mining on nano all day.  I have 10 PASC stuck there.

I wouldn't trust them.  I noticed that they fixed an issue (this was around 7 this morning) and mined.  It is still broken at 7 pm.

Could you please PM me.  I have something for you.

I mined so many blocks, I feel like sharing the wealth.

Hi,

This broken issue could explain why it was missing...

It seems nanopool is just back the last hour.... it already mined 3 blocks.

Those 10 PASC are those from before randomhash ?

Ok didn't notice you wanted me to PM you... just read it in this reply to you... hmm... must be the tiredness and lack of sleep... or maybe you just updated it as I pressed reply... hmm ok.

Short answer is...

2. Create one worker

Hi,

I considered doing this today, but the number of miners was really low, so probably not worth it yet Smiley the one block you guys mined was probably luck... the one that mined it could have kept it to himself and be much richer but ok... such is life on the pool I guess.

I might join tomorrow if tonights mining results in nothing.

But here is a question for you:

Suppose my miner joins... and "we" find a block. Suppose there are 20 miners on coin-o-tron by tomorrow. Technically that would be something like 1/20 of 40 coins, so that is about each 2 coins.

Can whatever ammount of coins/shares be immediately payed out from coin-o-tron or are there all kinds of (silly) rules like:

1. Must be in pool for x ammount of days.
2. Shares/account on coin-o-tron must contain at least x ammount of coins/shares before payout.

In other words is it allowed to pay out even the smallest ammount of pascal coin from coin-o-tron say:

0.0001 pascal coins ? Think this was lowest pascal coin will go... in ammounts...

I don't like silly rules... I will take what I can get... even if it's 0.0001... it's better than nothing Smiley
Nanopool was dual-mining pascalcoin and ethereum... with randomhash this might no longer work ? So perhaps nanopool has quite.

One block was just recently mined by nanopool, could be an experiment, or a faker or a new attempt of nanopool Wink Smiley

I was mining on nano all day.  I have 10 PASC stuck there.

I wouldn't trust them.  I noticed that they fixed an issue (this was around 7 this morning) and mined.  It is still broken at 7 pm.

Could you please PM me.  I have something for you.

I mined so many blocks, I feel like sharing the wealth.

Short answer is...

2. Create one worker

How many blocks did you manage Skybuck go flying?

I got 3 out of my cluster of over 9000 Raspberry Pis.  I had to recompile the miner, but it was worth it.

1000 watts of electricity for 70k HR

It would be nice if you could control yourself a bit and slow down on the F words.

Zero blocks so far, had a toshiba laptop running all day, closed it 1 hour ago, I never really used laptops seriously, so I don't really know what exactly happens when a laptop closes, some shutdown, this one seems to log out or something... this caused the miner to fail with some weird header error message.

I just opened it up again and started it again... will try to mine this night just to see if I get lucky or not.

Using a laptop might have some adventage, perhaps it's a little bit more energy efficient than a big rig.

You write you have 9000 raspberry pis ?! Are you joking or what ? If not then a picture will help with convincing me... even better would be a paper with the following text on it: "Eat your heart out Skybuck Flying ! LOL" =D Place that somewhere near the rigs lol.

I was curious if you still mining and how, thanks for the update.

I am a little worried that perhaps RHMiner has a secret piece of code which disables mining... perhaps it's a scam... why would somebody develop this and then give it away for free.... hmmm...

Perhaps we should try original pascal coin miner and see if it mines any better Wink

I am also a bit worried that the number of connections is influencing the mining... kinda notices this early on... though then the mining was super fast... just a few second and boom next block... though for bitcoin it also mattered, read something about that... it has adventages for miners, but disadventages for network as a whole.

Switching to UDP might be a better idea because it could theoretically support all clients, TCP instead might only support 65.000 clients cause each TCP connection needs a new port ?!?

Also another worry is maybe RHMiner is not seeding/using random number generator correctly ?!? Anybody checked this in the code ?
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

Short answer is...

2. Create one worker

What is the HardFork about?

Really snowy, you support PASL? haha, that coin is dead. Do you know PASL is a cheap clone of PASC? PASC has bright future, brilliant devs and community.

I have a nice Pasl account on the first page of wallet. 
And it's not dead. Almost none of the blockchain projects die.
Besides, Pasc isn't doing too well either.
I do enjoy the most the Pascal wallet with the account number system and functions.
I'd like to see Pascal type wallet succeed and be truly used widely.
Wages should be paid in Crypto, then adoption would follow.

Sure Pasl is a copy of Pasc. So? It never claimed anything other.

Now that markets are dying, maybe we can get back to playing cozy, nice blockchain games.  : )  Greed and money is nice too, feel free to do whatever you like.

I did do whatever I felt like.  Let's just say it didn't end up so well.

Tickets please?
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

What is the HardFork about?

Really snowy, you support PASL? haha, that coin is dead. Do you know PASL is a cheap clone of PASC? PASC has bright future, brilliant devs and community.

I have a nice Pasl account on the first page of wallet. 
And it's not dead. Almost none of the blockchain projects die.
Besides, Pasc isn't doing too well either.
I do enjoy the most the Pascal wallet with the account number system and functions.
I'd like to see Pascal type wallet succeed and be truly used widely.
Wages should be paid in Crypto, then adoption would follow.

Sure Pasl is a copy of Pasc. So? It never claimed anything other.

Now that markets are dying, maybe we can get back to playing cozy, nice blockchain games.  : )  Greed and money is nice too, feel free to do whatever you like.

Hello, is it ok that in rhminer it is written:
Shares: Accepted 0, Rejected 0.....
I mean why do I have 0 accepted shares??
Any suggestions?

If you are solo mining or directly pool mining to your own PascalCoin client then yes this is normal.

If you trying to join a mining pool then this is probably not normal.

What you should look for in case of solo mining is general text activity on the miner... which seems to be the case and in pascalcoin it will say

Miner Clients: x connected JSON-RPC clients.

Where X is the number of machines/connections/miners you are running and connecting to it Wink

(I am now pool mining on my own "pool" with 3 computers lol... will probably do this till 14:00 today... another 8 hours of mining to see if it makes any difference, and then this mining experiment is probably over for me... until I find a nice cheat/shortcut in randomhash then I may try again Wink)

* update *:

I am going to stop mining on my main system and also the german shitty laptop (HP)... core i3... Boy does it make a lot of noise lol.

The toshiba laptop seems to be dead quiet though... which probably also was a much more expensive laptop perhaps also newer model.

The quality difference is definetly noticeable/hearable Wink

I think I will keep the toshiba laptop running just for kicks.

Maybe tonight I will give it another try but for now the noise is starting to bother me... cya.

How many blocks did you manage Skybuck go flying?

I got 3 out of my cluster of over 9000 Raspberry Pis.  I had to recompile the miner, but it was worth it.

1000 watts of electricity for 70k HR

It would be nice if you could control yourself a bit and slow down on the F words.

Short answer is...

I found 4 blocks by solo last night.  Sticking w solo until issues are resolved 100%.
I mined on coinotron for several hours and nanopool for all day.

Don't or wait.

5000k rate and 0 coins in my PASA.  Wasted 24 hours of electricity and time.

I'm back to solo.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Short answer is...

legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

Short answer is...

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Short answer is...

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Pages:
Jump to: