Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 341. (Read 990744 times)

legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Pascal language is superior for mathematical purposes.

Exactly, pascal is a very beautiful programming language. It is all based on mathematical variation.

Huh? What are "mathematical purposes"? What is "all based on mathematical variation"?

Pascal is a block-structured procedural language like many many others, starting with Algol. Its main strength is its strong-typing, which helps prevent harm from human coding errors. Advocates of weakly-typed languages such as the C-family may see strong typing as training wheels and prefer to have more coding freedom despite the risks. If you know Pascal, you almost know the languages Delphi and even Ada, its bloated feature-rich government-approved cousin. There is nothing particularly "mathematical" about Pascal compared to other languages, except that Wirth, its creator, named it in tribute to mathematician Blaise Pascal.

I've written thousands of lines of Pascal. When I used it I liked it a lot. When I used something else I often liked that too. Programming languages are mathematically equivalent, in a Turing-machine sense. Programmers love language wars - squabbling over features - but they usually know that anything that can be done in one language can be done in any other, easily or not. All the high-level languages generate machine code - the machine code set is fixed and finite for any given machine. Pascal would not be my first language of choice today but it still works just fine.

This coin architecture though - now that's beautiful.               Smiley

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

Exactly, pascal is a very beautiful programming language. It is all based on mathematical variation.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
how send coin at exchange?

Exchange must provide a public key (like, for example, 3GhhbovFXcR3Wri8CE6Z4n6RRx8XGVTrzCBRgBQuYeBhSJftvcF5RahahLuu94fhuNFvGkpVrxR3sW5 q52jeAxcpRPL4zmeQR4o4BZ ). (Public keys can be generated by the wallet using JSON-RPC methods)

Then user must change account owner of one of his accounts by inserting Exchange public key

After that, exchange will have 1 account assigned to this public key (with it's coin balance), and user can send more coins simply sending coins to this account number.

It's easy... because when you work with accounts it's like when you work with a traditional bank.

Example:
- User has a free account 182610-61 (with balance of 100 PASC)
- User executes a "Transfer account to a new owner" operation, inserting exchange public key 3GhhbovFXcR3Wri8CE6Z4n6RRx8XGVTrzCBRgBQuYeBhSJftvcF5RahahLuu94fhuNFvGkpVrxR3sW5 q52jeAxcpRPL4zmeQR4o4BZ
- Exchange will receive account 182610-61 and also 100 coins.
- If user wants to send more coins to the exchange, just send coins to account 182610-61

Also, if user changes other accounts owner to Exchange's public key, Exchange will have more than 1 account associated to this user... introducing the possibility to trade accounts too.

Too complicated all Sad, need videotutorial this exchange is rare....., I do not see that I'm getting anywhere provide a public key

He explained how a traditional exchange like Bittrex or Polo etc might go about integrating PASCAL to their pipeline. So don't get confused by that post as it has nothing to do with how the current and only exchange -bitsquare- operates.

Bitsquare software only handles the base currency BTC acting as an automated escrow, Pascal coins are never in the bitsquare ecosystem - you send or receive to the buyer/seller directly to their wallets. I see no difference from openbazaar honestly, Apart from the traditional looking charts and books.

Too complicated all Sad, need videotutorial this exchange is rare....., I do not see that I'm getting anywhere provide a public key

Bitsquare is rare? Or PascalCoin is rare? Or both?

Edited: Both. But amazing!

what we have a here is a rethinking of the digital currency exchange mechanics not some latest hype cloned anon app dapp zero this fluff ... Takes connected people to get the word out though AND exchange operators willing to step out of their comfort zones with their backend instead of being clones of each other too, just with different GUIs.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Bitsquare is rare? Or PascalCoin is rare? Or both?

Edited: Both. But amazing!
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

Exchange must provide a public key (like, for example, 3GhhbovFXcR3Wri8CE6Z4n6RRx8XGVTrzCBRgBQuYeBhSJftvcF5RahahLuu94fhuNFvGkpVrxR3sW5 q52jeAxcpRPL4zmeQR4o4BZ ). (Public keys can be generated by the wallet using JSON-RPC methods)

Then user must change account owner of one of his accounts by inserting Exchange public key

After that, exchange will have 1 account assigned to this public key (with it's coin balance), and user can send more coins simply sending coins to this account number.

It's easy... because when you work with accounts it's like when you work with a traditional bank.

Example:
- User executes a "Transfer account to a new owner" operation, inserting exchange public key 3GhhbovFXcR3Wri8CE6Z4n6RRx8XGVTrzCBRgBQuYeBhSJftvcF5RahahLuu94fhuNFvGkpVrxR3sW5 q52jeAxcpRPL4zmeQR4o4BZ
- If user wants to send more coins to the exchange, just send coins to account 182610-61

Also, if user changes other accounts owner to Exchange's public key, Exchange will have more than 1 account associated to this user... introducing the possibility to trade accounts too.

Activity: 334
Merit: 263
... introducing the possibility to trade accounts too.

I can't find an account market on the bitsquare website. Is it showing in the app but not the website?

Currently bitsquare does not allow account trading... I've requested it... perhaps next build

Meanwhile you can use escrow at this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pascal-coin-account-trading-thread-1638517
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
... introducing the possibility to trade accounts too.

I can't find an account market on the bitsquare website. Is it showing in the app but not the website?

Example:

Activity: 9
legendary
Activity: 1339
Reading the white paper didn't understand ...
Once tested the wallet... it's amazing

I think this is going to be a major breakthrough.
You've done some great work here.

Sorry... white paper is a translation (not good)...  Grin

Thanks for your comments

EDIT: Someone wants to help PascalCoin correcting White Paper?
Activity: 21
Reading the white paper didn't understand ...
Once tested the wallet... it's amazing

I think this is going to be a major breakthrough.
You've done some great work here.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
i need a normal exchange .... can't use that bitsquare

also willing to buy any amount at 500 sat pm me
I've asked to bitsquare to add PASA (Pascal Accounts) also to trade.
Also asked why PASC is not listed in website market

PASC/BTC is now listed on bitsquare market website:
https://market.bitsquare.io/?market=pasc_btc
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
How to mine this coin ? I didn't see "Allow Mining".

I try to run PascalProy.jar but got error "Unsupported Major Minor version 52.0" . I also Pascal Cuda Miner but it stop working.
Activity: 462
How to mine this coin ? I didn't see "Allow Mining".
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
I just submitted the Poloniex coin request.   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Poloniex Coin Request

* Required
What is the name of the coin? *
Pascalcoin

What is the coin's symbol? *
PASC

Please link to the announcement page. *
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-pasc-pascalcoin-true-deletable-blockchain-v3-hardfork-on-block-210000-1583719

If the coin has a website, please link it here.
http://www.pascalcoin.org/

If the coin has a block explorer, please link it here.
http://explorer.pascalcoin.org/

Please explain why you would like to see this coin added to the exchange. *

The developer, Albert Molina is very active and innovative.  There have already been 12 version updates.  The coin has a very active community on Bitcoin talk and twitter, etc.  I think there would be heavy trading activity if it could get listed on a top notch trusted exchange like Poloniex. It has just been listed on Bitsquare.io but I think people are looking for a more established, less complicated and trusted exchange.

If this coin has any significant innovations over other coins, please elaborate on them here.

Pascal Coin is an easy to understand and work with Crypto, that is similar to a bank. It uses easy to remember accounts instead of cryptographic addresses and works with personal accounts to receive/send coins. It's the first Alt-coin designed to work without a historical operations requirement yet is still able to control double spending or check balance. The Pascal Coin block-chain can be deleted at anytime and will continue working perfectly, without the problem of double spending.

Optional: What is your name in the Poloniex exchange chatbox?

Vibajajo

Are you the developer of this coin or otherwise affiliated with it? *
No

Haven't done it yet but will and this will be really helpful.  Thanks for posting!

edit: done.

Activity: 581
Which exchange we can buy the coin from?
I've asked to bitsquare to add PASA (Pascal Accounts) also to trade.
Also asked why PASC is not listed in website market
legendary
Activity: 1382
Great, thanks Pascal Dev. Just updated and looks good so far!

Any hopes of getting a Mac OSX wallet?

I have no Mac to test... but I supose that will be easy following compile instructions (at Github wiki) because Lazarus is a multiplatform compiler (linux + Windows + Mac)

Can anybody try it?

OK maybe I can try at some point if I ever find the time.. I had a look here: https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/wiki/Compile-instructions but there were no OSX speciffic steps as how to compile on a mac. I guess the closest option is Linux but all the libraries are probably different. Maybe the best option is to just load up a virtual machine and get a Windows or Linux wallet going in virtualbox or similar.
Jump to: