Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 373. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
http://imgur.com/a/rLe23
What am i doing wrong i followed the fuide to the letter.pls help!!
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
So if I understand that correctly, it is not possible to run this wallet on Linux, and Windows people are struggling with suspicious binaries? Is there a way to get notified when the Linux version is ready so I don't have to follow this thread ?  Grin Because for me it seems pretty useless right now.

What's the thing about coins/accounts? Is "account" just another token that gets generated from the mining process, like a second coin? Why is it called account?

One reason why there are multiple accounts given when you hit a block is so that there is a community of people using the coins.  You can give away an account to someone you want to so that they can become a user of the currency.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
So if I understand that correctly, it is not possible to run this wallet on Linux, and Windows people are struggling with suspicious binaries? Is there a way to get notified when the Linux version is ready so I don't have to follow this thread ?  Grin Because for me it seems pretty useless right now.

What's the thing about coins/accounts? Is "account" just another token that gets generated from the mining process, like a second coin? Why is it called account?
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
http://imgur.com/moyJalB

New record for a GTX 1070? lol

Lol for anyone wondering, the results are calculated based on the shares, so the first few rounds can create numbers way higher (or lower) than the actual card's performance. Put it this way: 'x' shares per minute is 'y' speed. By luck, your miner finds 'x' shares in 10 seconds by chance, and that's the only data the miner has to go off of, so it thinks you are performing at 6y until it gets another data point Smiley It isn't actually measuring the number of hashes done, but rather the expected number of hashes required to produce the number of shares you've produced.

Also for people wondering about negative hashrates: this miner is quite the hackjob, and the timing function with a granularity of ms that I built basically only uses the current hour, minute, second, and millisecond to produce a number. So when you wrap around from hour 23 to hour 0, the miner thinks you went back in time, and through the magic of negative time thinks you also did negative work.

Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
http://imgur.com/moyJalB

New record for a GTX 1070? lol

Lol for anyone wondering, the results are calculated based on the shares, so the first few rounds can create numbers way higher (or lower) than the actual card's performance. Put it this way: 'x' shares per minute is 'y' speed. By luck, your miner finds 'x' shares in 10 seconds by chance, and that's the only data the miner has to go off of, so it thinks you are performing at 6y until it gets another data point Smiley It isn't actually measuring the number of hashes done, but rather the expected number of hashes required to produce the number of shares you've produced.

Also for people wondering about negative hashrates: this miner is quite the hackjob, and the timing function with a granularity of ms that I built basically only uses the current hour, minute, second, and millisecond to produce a number. So when you wrap around from hour 23 to hour 0, the miner thinks you went back in time, and through the magic of negative time thinks you also did negative work.

Just using the V4 miner and whatever default settings are. Just a good card I guess.

Lol. That's just the 1st share. Its always high and settles down after. I've gotten over 2k before.

No this from from a share when I got a block. I likely just got lucky and it found it really quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
Seems like there is a new big miner, COINMINER
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

Just using the V4 miner and whatever default settings are. Just a good card I guess.

Lol. That's just the 1st share. Its always high and settles down after. I've gotten over 2k before.
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
So after 8 years the blockchain for this coin will be 913mb? That's not bad.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
No pool? I can mine only with wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Too many grammatical errors.

I've not wrote, its a quote. Its not mine errors. And, where you're seeing grammatical errors?

All over, just like your reply.  Wink
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
so is it easier to mine with multiple GPUs now or still need to run separate instances/users?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

Is it really that hard for an exchange operator to handle this code?

It is currently, because the code doesn't yet support linux, and there is no RPC for coins, so you can't tell the wallet over a network "send x coins to y" or "have you received any coins on address z yet?" which are both features the dev is working on. Give the project some time--once the codebase matures, it'll be a lot easier for exchanges to work with.

on that same note... does the code allow for a pool?

Activity: 210
Too many grammatical errors.

I've not wrote, its a quote. Its not mine errors. And, where you're seeing grammatical errors?
Jump to: