Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PlatinumBAR XPTX - Rare Cryptocurrency with PoW / PoS (230%) - page 27. (Read 79569 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 253
guys, it's profit do solo mining? not much hashrate here, just 4 gtx 1060.

At this point, the rewards are very low.  It's mostly a staking game.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
guys, it's profit do solo mining? not much hashrate here, just 4 gtx 1060.
legendary
Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001
Sorry for the noob question, but what are the requirements for staking? Do I have to do anything in my wallet (Mac GUI PlatinumBar Core wallet), or just wait for the incoming transactions to age a certain amount of time before my balance moves from "spendable" to "stake"?

Yes, you have to wait a certain amount of time for the coins to start staking.  Make sure your wallet is unlocked (if you locked it) so that staking can happen.

is it still 230% staking? what is the max supply?

is there a guide for a commandline wallet on ubuntu 16?

is there a slack channel?

Yes, staking is 230%.

No there isn't a guide.  I don't use the CLI and there was never really a demand for CLI guide because most people probably use the mac or windows client.  I'm sure there are guides out there for other coins which would apply to XPTX.

No Slack channel.  

the staking is def NOT 230% i got 0.08 and 0,4 with 100 xptx

It's 230% per year not per days
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Sorry for the noob question, but what are the requirements for staking? Do I have to do anything in my wallet (Mac GUI PlatinumBar Core wallet), or just wait for the incoming transactions to age a certain amount of time before my balance moves from "spendable" to "stake"?

Yes, you have to wait a certain amount of time for the coins to start staking.  Make sure your wallet is unlocked (if you locked it) so that staking can happen.

Yes, staking is 230%.

No there isn't a guide.  I don't use the CLI and there was never really a demand for CLI guide because most people probably use the mac or windows client.  I'm sure there are guides out there for other coins which would apply to XPTX.

No Slack channel.  

the staking is def NOT 230% i got 0.08 and 0,4 with 100 xptx
Only cap at 1 million.

You'd like to see the supply cap of 1 million total coins?
A Coin with 230% PoS and tiny supply is very attractive to investors.

You should took at what Radium did and create a timetable that will reduce the PoS every 6 Months or every year by half. This should increase the value of the coin naturally.

230% 1. January 2018
115% 1. July 2018
57,5% 1. January 2019
28.75% 1. July 2019
14.375% 1. January 2020
7.1875%  1. July 2020
... etc.

or

230% 2018
115% 2019
57,5% 2020
28.75% 2021
14.375% 2022
7.1875% 2023

PoS is talking over, even ETH is switching to PoS. Once this happens everybody will look for PoS coins.

I don't think that you will find many community members mining the coin as the coin has not released anything yet therefore there is no point on paying for electricity.

Ideas for the Coin:

- Rebrand the Coin into "Blockchain" $BCHN, achive 10 Million Marketcap without actually doing anything.
- Rebrand into a Memecoin keep the 230% PoS Rate and let Coinholders tip each other for memes. It works for Bitbeans very wells bcoz of the high PoS rate.

There are still a lot of people who mine (other coins), otherwise it wouldn't be so hard to find a graphics card and the graphics card companies wouldn't be considering releasing mining only cards.

PoS is attractive, because it's easy.  But not everyone has money to purchase coins to stake.  I'm not big into Airdrops or 100% PoS coins.

Reducing the PoS rate might be good.  But long term if the PoS gets low and people don't stake anymore because a few people have a lot of coins which are sitting on an exchange and others have too few coins and there's no incentive to stake, the security of the coin suffers.

I'm not changing the name.  I would just launch a brand new coin / new project if I wanted to use another name - and yes a new chain is a new coin but not a new project.
Maybe we need lot of more info

Do you think to restart a mining phase?

Everything is up for discussion.

I was only concerned with updating the codebase with newer code.  I hadn't even started thinking about coin specifications.
Activity: 18
A Coin with 230% PoS and tiny supply is very attractive to investors.

You should took at what Radium did and create a timetable that will reduce the PoS every 6 Months or every year by half. This should increase the value of the coin naturally.

230% 1. January 2018
115% 1. July 2018
57,5% 1. January 2019
28.75% 1. July 2019
14.375% 1. January 2020
7.1875%  1. July 2020
... etc.

or

230% 2018
115% 2019
57,5% 2020
28.75% 2021
14.375% 2022
7.1875% 2023

PoS is talking over, even ETH is switching to PoS. Once this happens everybody will look for PoS coins.

I don't think that you will find many community members PoW mining the coin as the coin has not released anything yet therefore there is no point on paying for electricity.

Ideas for the Coin:

- Rebrand the Coin into "Blockchain" $BCHN, achive 10 Million Marketcap without actually doing anything.
- Rebrand into a Memecoin keep the 230% PoS Rate and let Coinholders tip each other for memes. It works for Bitbeans very wells bcoz of the high PoS rate.

Yes, staking is 230%.

No Slack channel.  
legendary
Activity: 1421
While working on the update, we considered doing a swap to an X11 PoW / PoS coin.

Obviously there are advantages and disadvantages.

I think an X11 coin would attract more people from the community at large.  We'd also be able to use a newer client with more features vs. integrating items into the existing client - which isn't great TBH.

If we did this we'd probably adjust the staking percentage.  The adjustment could be discussed.

What does the community think about a swap to a new chain?

This is just an idea.  We wanted to get feedback from the community as to what they thought.

Maybe we need lot of more info

Do you think to restart a mining phase?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Yes, you have to wait a certain amount of time for the coins to start staking.  Make sure your wallet is unlocked (if you locked it) so that staking can happen.

Anything that makes the development process easier is a win in my book, do you have an idea of a time frame if you decided to go forward with it?

No time frame at this point.  Just throwing it out there to see what people think of the idea.
legendary
Activity: 1049
While working on the update, we considered doing a swap to an X11 PoW / PoS coin.

I think an X11 coin would attract more people from the community at large.  We'd also be able to use a newer client with more features vs. integrating items into the existing client - which isn't great TBH.

If we did this we'd probably adjust the staking percentage.  The adjustment could be discussed.

This is just an idea.  We wanted to get feedback from the community as to what they thought.
It would really depend on what features will be implemented in the new client and if its something that the community could get behind. I think we need much more information before anyone can make an informed decision regarding this swap.

The swap would just be the starting point.  New features wouldn't be added to the base coin until after the swap (besides features that came along with the codebase we decided to use for the swap).

Anything that makes the development process easier is a win in my book, do you have an idea of a time frame if you decided to go forward with it?

Yes, you have to wait a certain amount of time for the coins to start staking.  Make sure your wallet is unlocked (if you locked it) so that staking can happen.

It would really depend on what features will be implemented in the new client and if its something that the community could get behind. I think we need much more information before anyone can make an informed decision regarding this swap.

The swap would just be the starting point.  New features wouldn't be added to the base coin until after the swap (besides features that came along with the codebase we decided to use for the swap).
legendary
Activity: 1049

Activity: 2

how is it possible, 230% yearly staking and i receive transaction istantanealy, simply amazing. dev 230% is only for first year?

It's 230% yearly, every year.

Does this change the 'rare' status at all?

Define rare.

[ANN] PlatinumBAR XPTX - Rare Cryptocurrency with PoW / PoS (230%) ...

When originally announced it was 23% IIRC, now it's 230%.  This will affect the total supply of coins.  230% is compelling since it is a massive amount of interest.  The 100 XPTX I bought yesterday on Cryptopia will turn into almost 40,000 XPTX in 5 years.  The growth rate is exponential.  In 10 years the total supply of XPTX will be over 15,000,000,000 coins and my little stockpile of 100 coins will have turned into 15,000,000 coins.  In 20 Years the supply will be 2,300,000,000,000,000.

I am not smart enough to know how this will affect the future value of the coin or what Crypto will look like i n 5-10 years, so this may all be irrelevant.

The rate can always be changed in the future depending on what the community wants.  Right now we're going with the 230%.

Oh I'm happy with 230%!  I was just a little concerned about the future. 

Another way to deal with the interest should it ever become a problem might be to give people a reason to burn their coins in exchange for getting something that they can only get by burning their coins.  IDK, something unmineable and unstakeable...call it Platinum Ingots.

Either way I'm on board Smiley

Yea, 230% works for most people.   Wink

We'll probably have to address the high staking in the future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
how is it possible, 230% yearly staking and i receive transaction istantanealy, simply amazing. dev 230% is only for first year?

It's 230% yearly, every year.

Does this change the 'rare' status at all?

Define rare.

[ANN] PlatinumBAR XPTX - Rare Cryptocurrency with PoW / PoS (230%) ...

When originally announced it was 23% IIRC, now it's 230%.  This will affect the total supply of coins.  230% is compelling since it is a massive amount of interest.  The 100 XPTX I bought yesterday on Cryptopia will turn into almost 40,000 XPTX in 5 years.  The growth rate is exponential.  In 10 years the total supply of XPTX will be over 15,000,000,000 coins and my little stockpile of 100 coins will have turned into 15,000,000 coins.  In 20 Years the supply will be 2,300,000,000,000,000.

I am not smart enough to know how this will affect the future value of the coin or what Crypto will look like i n 5-10 years, so this may all be irrelevant.

The rate can always be changed in the future depending on what the community wants.  Right now we're going with the 230%.

Oh I'm happy with 230%!  I was just a little concerned about the future. 

Another way to deal with the interest should it ever become a problem might be to give people a reason to burn their coins in exchange for getting something that they can only get by burning their coins.  IDK, something unmineable and unstakeable...call it Platinum Ingots.

Either way I'm on board Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: