Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 71. (Read 41900 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 115
Cool Hello! How to find a wife, get married in the Maldives and buy a Tesla - all this with mining on the Playkey platform https://medium.com/@playkey/how-mining-with-playkey-can-help-you-earn-a-tesla-f1cc47549e03

What I also do not understand from that blog is how feasible it is to convert an Ethereum rig to a PlayKey rig.

Typical Ethereum rigs have multiple GPUs but barely any CPU power, a small amount of RAM and some of them run from USB sticks. If they run SSDs, they are usually the smallest ones , meaning there is little space left for double digit gigabyte game data, let alone games occupying 100 gigabyte or more.

Let's say you have 6 GPUs and you want to serve 6 gamers simultaneously. I think the rig will be bottlecapped by the things mentioned above.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
I try the demo, play 'SID MEIER’S CIVILIZATION VI DEMO'  for a while , works perfect on my MAC , running very smooth.

Use PlayKey i can the PC only games , really exciting.
This project awesome

Could you give us more information about your internet connection speed?
In previous posts, I read that a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbit is required to play it smoothly.
Ping also is a interesting question, and 15 mbps it's not enough I think.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
I found i missed this good project.
This application is the product which i dreamed for many years.  Fortunately, still in pre-sale

I'm sure a lot of people still dont know about this project.
Its a shame because this is an unique project and I think everyone in this crypto world would love to be part of this.

Maybe this is just good for us who knows about this project Smiley
We will invest in this and we will have the PKT tokens and they will have great value in the future!
This project needs some heavy marketing activities, maybe even to paid for promoting by steamers and gaming news sites
Activity: 588
Merit: 100

it's in russian man. most of us here speak english.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
I also think that playkey is really a great project and deserve to be know by a lot of people, the target market of playkey is huge, all gamers can be interest by playkey.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
This application is the product which i dreamed for many years.  Fortunately, still in pre-sale

I'm sure a lot of people still dont know about this project.
Its a shame because this is an unique project and I think everyone in this crypto world would love to be part of this.

Maybe this is just good for us who knows about this project Smiley
We will invest in this and we will have the PKT tokens and they will have great value in the future!
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
The Playkey project has collected its first $1 Million of investments in the  pre-sale campaign and is welcoming Dillon Seo, co-founder of pioneering virtual reality firm Oculus VR, as an advisor for Playkey on the latest VR technologies.

Do you want to know more? Here http://www.the-blockchain.com/2017/10/19/playkey-brings-1-million-pre-sale-campaign-welcomes-dillon-seo-vr-advisor/

So we can assume playkey will start focussing on VR tech. It's not really in the article

"Seo says the key reasons he chose to work with the company were its possession of a functioning prototype of its platform, Playkey.net, and the potential for P2P cloud-based gaming. Playkey is currently renting servers at data centers, but with funds raised through the ICO it plans to change its operating principle and move to a P2P model that will allow any owner of a powerful PC to rent out their hardware to other users."

I don't get how this streaming to vr will actually work Smiley

Well, VR need powerful PC's to run. With cloud gaming, you don't need a 3k PC for Oculus rift, making the technology more attractive.

What do you mean? You need the headset anyway to see everything in vr. Otherwise it would be just normal screen.

Will the broadcast on VR be available? That's cool. This is a really good use. For VR, an expensive computer is needed. But only a headset is needed.
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
The Playkey project has collected its first $1 Million of investments in the  pre-sale campaign and is welcoming Dillon Seo, co-founder of pioneering virtual reality firm Oculus VR, as an advisor for Playkey on the latest VR technologies.

Do you want to know more? Here http://www.the-blockchain.com/2017/10/19/playkey-brings-1-million-pre-sale-campaign-welcomes-dillon-seo-vr-advisor/

So we can assume playkey will start focussing on VR tech. It's not really in the article

"Seo says the key reasons he chose to work with the company were its possession of a functioning prototype of its platform, Playkey.net, and the potential for P2P cloud-based gaming. Playkey is currently renting servers at data centers, but with funds raised through the ICO it plans to change its operating principle and move to a P2P model that will allow any owner of a powerful PC to rent out their hardware to other users."

Well, VR need powerful PC's to run. With cloud gaming, you don't need a 3k PC for Oculus rift, making the technology more attractive.

What do you mean? You need the headset anyway to see everything in vr. Otherwise it would be just normal screen.
Activity: 541
Merit: 101
Activity: 392
I try the demo, play 'SID MEIER’S CIVILIZATION VI DEMO'  for a while , works perfect on my MAC , running very smooth.

This project awesome

In previous posts, I read that a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbit is required to play it smoothly.
Activity: 994
Merit: 278

Why "fortunately"? Sounds more like change of the lifetime to participate if you have even dreamed about it.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
really nice and happy ...I think this will change the gaming expriance
Activity: 686
Merit: 101

This project awesome

This project awesome
This application is the product which i dreamed for many years. still in pre-sale
The Playkey project has collected its first $1 Million of investments in the  pre-sale campaign and is welcoming Dillon Seo, co-founder of pioneering virtual reality firm Oculus VR, as an advisor for Playkey on the latest VR technologies.

Nice to hear that you have added a new advisor to your team. Always good to bring someone in with fresh ideas.
A successful team needs a lot of good advisors with a lot of knowledge. Dillon Seo will help the team a lot to get successful.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
The Playkey project has collected its first $1 Million of investments in the  pre-sale campaign and is welcoming Dillon Seo, co-founder of pioneering virtual reality firm Oculus VR, as an advisor for Playkey on the latest VR technologies.

would be nice if playkey platform wok on smatphone. I see more and more game is now played on mobile platform.

You don't need a 3k PC for yourself to run this anylonger, but how is it on the other side? For one player how many "miners" are needed?  Huh
Activity: 336
Merit: 112

You don't need a 3k PC for yourself to run this anylonger, but how is it on the other side? For one player how many "miners" are needed?  Huh
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
I've been waiting for such a platform for a long time! If everything is fine with pings it will be a revolution in the gaming industry!

I never thought about this kind of platform. For me its completly new and that makes me so excited!
This is just brilliant. I quit gaming because my computer was to slow and bought me a laptop but thats not good for gaming but this will change!!!

Glad I can play top games now with Playkey! I'll wait for the decentralized platform to start.
Activity: 154

I was just reading that article and wanted to share it here.

I think doing VR will cost WAY more then 1 milly Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: