Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PoC Consortium Stage 1: BURST - page 2. (Read 11605 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037
฿ → ∞
November 23, 2017, 07:04:05 AM
Hello one question, if devs of poc wallet are here....

Started to use your wallet a week ago, but i have this problem, every day that i turn my pc on and start the wallet (tested in a few days, and now i'm sure it is it), my nvidia video drivers (updated to the last level) crash and windows system say it had restored them.

Using the Poc last Version 1.3.6cg with mariaDB on a windows 7 pro machine.

Any clue why the launcher of the wallet crashes the GPU driver ?

No, and 1st time I hear it. Then again, OpenCL (GPU acceleration) still considered experimental, so if you are sure you are using newest drivers or the problem not being the GPU hardware itself (you don't mention which one you use), just turn GPU support off.

There is a #wallet-support Discord channel here: https://discord.gg/5MEKvRr

You are more likely to find help there - also in a more interactive way.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
November 23, 2017, 04:35:56 AM
Hello one question, if devs of poc wallet are here....

Started to use your wallet a week ago, but i have this problem, every day that i turn my pc on and start the wallet (tested in a few days, and now i'm sure it is it), my nvidia video drivers (updated to the last level) crash and windows system say it had restored them.

Using the Poc last Version 1.3.6cg with mariaDB on a windows 7 pro machine.

Any clue why the launcher of the wallet crashes the GPU driver ?

Cheers
legendary
฿ → ∞
November 23, 2017, 02:50:51 AM
Rico666, when should the Burst community expect PoCC stage 2?

Preparations: https://twitter.com/Burstcoin_dev/status/933497493341470720
legendary
฿ → ∞
November 16, 2017, 10:46:38 AM
And let me pick up one more worthless utterance - for the sake of completeness:

It doesn't help when all I do is ask for clarification of how to get the Burst wallet service working in Windows and then the lead developer bans me from their Discord for simply asking tecnical configuration questions, then follows me back into the old Burst Discord for yet another volley of abuse, telling me that I can't expect to be "spoon fed". I was patronised directly by the OP suggesting in the Discord that they should consider tolerating "users of that level" , essentially offering that I was somehow not an equal but rather, inferior. All I was asking for was info on hard pathing Java after the CMD file for the wallet service failed to find Java even before loading any config. Everyone else was helpful but the OP here decided to beat his chest and swing his ban hammer in a fit of intolerance and impatience. Maybe you're totally right UnZane.  We will see I suppose.

Rapturoso - seems an older member of the community - came along one day with approximately the following attitude:

"I just came back to Burst after 2-3 months absence. I want to update my wallet. What shall I take? What is PoCC? I have no idea, but they have to prove themself to me...."

[After some time Rapturoso is convinced to use the PoCC wallet, and the rant continues...]

"I want this (wallet), I don't want that (Launcher). I have no idea about the config file. Help me. Help me! You must! You must do so promptly, the way I want and also I am right and you are wrong."

By the end of the day, 3 core devs were dancing around him wasting their time on this ignorant, but certainly self-confident asshole.
I put an end to it and banned him. I do not regret it. Also explained to the other devs that this was a protective measure against this time-vampire.
They thanked me.

@Rapturoso: You have been ass-wiped enough and have constantly shown a both impressive and formidable mix of ignorance and demand. You cannot be surprised that it ended as it ended.
You are of course free to whine about it as much as you like.
legendary
฿ → ∞
November 16, 2017, 10:37:46 AM
Let me pick up two worthless utterances, just to show you how worthless they are:

This has clearly fallen flat on it's face, as we have heard pretty much nothing since the original post. As I have said before, talk is cheap.

...and

Or they just realized it was a lost cause

both uttered November, 2nd.

On November the 2nd, I probably made my largest chunk of commitments to the Burst Core Wallet - henceforth called BRS (Burst Reference Software)

https://github.com/PoC-Consortium/burstcoin/commits/master

The wallet is now much more cleaned up, has left its Nxt heritage behind, is getting a nice, modern emancipated coin, the code base being pulled towards Google JAVA Styleguide...

The problem on bitcointalk.org - and else (e.g. Reddit) - is that basically everybody who is able to stroke the keyboard can offload his shit.

I hope at least a few sane souls here can understand, why core devs are leaving these "pastures" and start to form "internal, private channels" where they are among themselves.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 13, 2017, 11:36:54 PM
As true believer of burst, our miner still works to support the burst networks, its 50 pcs 8TB hdd, please keep your good work Smiley

our miner at the moment https://i.imgur.com/Djyx1AF.jpg
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
November 13, 2017, 11:22:20 PM
Rico666, when should the Burst community expect PoCC stage 2? I know some Burst supporters who are very excited to know more future developments on the platform.

I am also happy to see that Burst mining is at an all time high as shown on this chart. I hope the price will reflect the true value of Burst soon.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
November 09, 2017, 01:45:41 AM
Not much news here. Any updates?

Development is quite active (last commits were only 3 days ago). Already 6 versions have been published since 1.3.0. You can see the activity at their  Burst Github repo.

The devs are relatively quiet here, that's true, although in the German thread there is more activity ... Maybe they are speculating on even lower prices to buy more (Good idea, I think) Grin

I also don't know what the "stages" mean. Wild speculation: Maybe they plan a transition to the new PoC algorithm the Bittorrent creator Bram Cohen has proposed. Wink In this case, we maybe can talk about a serious Bitcoin competitor ...
Activity: 30
November 04, 2017, 04:43:09 PM

It doesn't help when all I do is ask for clarification of how to get the Burst wallet service working in Windows and then the lead developer bans me from their Discord for simply asking tecnical configuration questions, then follows me back into the old Burst Discord for yet another volley of abuse, telling me that I can't expect to be "spoon fed". I was patronised directly by the OP suggesting in the Discord that they should consider tolerating "users of that level" , essentially offering that I was somehow not an equal but rather, inferior. All I was asking for was info on hard pathing Java after the CMD file for the wallet service failed to find Java even before loading any config. Everyone else was helpful but the OP here decided to beat his chest and swing his ban hammer in a fit of intolerance and impatience. Maybe you're totally right UnZane.  We will see I suppose.
Activity: 40
November 02, 2017, 10:38:07 AM
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
November 02, 2017, 07:30:39 AM
Not much news here. Any updates? When will stage 2 come into effect?

Are projections of reaching over 1000 sitoshi's still the plan considering how much bitcoin has gone up?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
September 11, 2017, 10:46:57 PM
Do you have any names or links?

http://forum.xeniumcoin.com/index.php    started, but looked like it was abandoned after a week or 2.  now its just flooded with pharmaceutical spam
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
September 11, 2017, 09:52:02 PM
when you say stage 1-Burst, then what will be in future stages as I do not see any prominent POC based coins?

Do you see any other PoC based coins?

Yes, i think i have see one and i know largest burst miner is also trying to make one
Activity: 82
September 04, 2017, 12:20:11 PM
when you say stage 1-Burst, then what will be in future stages as I do not see any prominent POC based coins?

Do you see any other PoC based coins?
Activity: 193
September 04, 2017, 01:20:23 AM
Activity: 87
September 03, 2017, 12:22:19 PM
The explorer only shows 2 digits after comma for the transactions. is there a way to see the complete amount? or another block explorer that shows all? because in the wallet it doesn't show all transactions.
Activity: 378
August 28, 2017, 06:49:32 AM
means must need extensive knowledge so that later can come to give a positive impact for the progress of this project later.hould be able to prove the expertise that we have can be applied as well as good in it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 28, 2017, 06:30:25 AM
The price can't get much worse, so the risk is low I guess.
Good to hear you're planning no ICO - and will profit through good development. The explorer is a promising start.

So not much else to say than: Welcome and good luck! Would be great to see Burst to shine again.
Activity: 6
August 27, 2017, 11:25:48 PM
do you mine burstcoin? or just marketing??

All I can say is "Welcome on Board". It's true that Burst is undervalued coin at the moment with all the drama that happened around a month back and pools closing down and people losing their trust on this coin. Everytime someone tried to do something good for this coin, someone from somewhere would come and start threatening to wipe out its existence. I am pretty sure that you and your team will hear this sooner or later, however, I just hope that you guys will continue to develop this coin and help the entire Burst community.

I wish you guys all the very best and I shall continue to watch this thread for further updates.

**Long Live Burst**
Activity: 868
August 26, 2017, 02:08:51 PM
All I can say is "Welcome on Board". It's true that Burst is undervalued coin at the moment with all the drama that happened around a month back and pools closing down and people losing their trust on this coin. Everytime someone tried to do something good for this coin, someone from somewhere would come and start threatening to wipe out its existence. I am pretty sure that you and your team will hear this sooner or later, however, I just hope that you guys will continue to develop this coin and help the entire Burst community.

I wish you guys all the very best and I shall continue to watch this thread for further updates.

**Long Live Burst**
Pages:
Jump to: