Pages:
Author

Topic: 🚀[ANN] POLIS | Airdrop Governance | Decentralized | - page 33. (Read 50014 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 10
Hello everyone!!! Wallet version 1.2.1 is not synchronized. Frozen on block 40319. Did anyone have a problem like that?? How to decide??? Or maybe a purse something? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Yeah, I restarted my MN and its frozen as either 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 and my 1.2.0 wallet was 14 hours behind... so I upgraded to 1.2.1... and no luck. I think someone killed something and it needs to be restarted.

How to solve the synchronization problem?? Is there any way out of this problem?

I even blew away the blockchain on my wallet and it can't sync/seed. Normally when this happens its because the dev is running some critical function and that has stopped. Normally they need to wake up and restart it... maybe its a spork or something. My wallet was "running" before I restarted it and it wasn't complaining.... as soon as I restarted it, it said it was 14 hours behind...

Protocol versions between 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 haven't changed, so this wasn't supposed to be a major upgrade... 1.2.0 is broken too.

edit: blew everything away, added these addnodes:

addnode=159.89.38.128
addnode=159.89.38.126
addnode=159.203.110.137
addnode=174.138.60.69
addnode=159.203.99.171
addnode=205.134.171.78

and 1.2.1 is sync'ing fine now.

Set yourself to the same node. Had the truth all the blocks to delete and re-sync completely. Works. Grin Grin Grin

stuck on wallet -- out of synch on same block

not sure how to get back online ?    am i missing a step .. ?  thx

namaste
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hello guys... i was wondering.. if i look at the price of the node and what your earn a month.. how come its so much ? People can conform this is true?

You pay 6500 dollar for the node and every month this is the return?

$2,735.4046
0.23852618 BTC
416.247 POLIS

Also this coin has good furture ?

You can see the calculation here: https://masternodes.pro/

That said it's all incredibly volatile. A coin on top today could be in the gutter tomorrow. So far Polis has done well. But I'd suggest doing deep research before getting into anything crypto related.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
Polis empowers people: www.polispay.org
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
NEW  -- > Check out Pool.NoIp.Ro

-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://pool.noip.ro:3533 -u -p c=POLIS
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
so when is Cryptopia?

Yep, getting to be an old story and look at all the bad news out there for cryptopia.  They are terrible at managing wallets or any kind of technical changes required.  I've used Cryptopia and probably would again but it is a risk and lately seems like more of a risk or just as much as a risk as much smaller exchanges.  I would say Polis needs a top 20 (preferably top 10) to be considered with other leading coins.

Not sure if it is still the case but they also had outrageously high withdrawal fees on BTC withdrawals. They even had it when the whole network calmed down and it was not necessary anymore to charge a bit more.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
so when is Cryptopia?

Yep, getting to be an old story and look at all the bad news out there for cryptopia.  They are terrible at managing wallets or any kind of technical changes required.  I've used Cryptopia and probably would again but it is a risk and lately seems like more of a risk or just as much as a risk as much smaller exchanges.  I would say Polis needs a top 20 (preferably top 10) to be considered with other leading coins.
Activity: 22
Hello everyone!!! Wallet version 1.2.1 is not synchronized. Frozen on block 40319. Did anyone have a problem like that?? How to decide??? Or maybe a purse something? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Yeah, I restarted my MN and its frozen as either 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 and my 1.2.0 wallet was 14 hours behind... so I upgraded to 1.2.1... and no luck. I think someone killed something and it needs to be restarted.

How to solve the synchronization problem?? Is there any way out of this problem?

I even blew away the blockchain on my wallet and it can't sync/seed. Normally when this happens its because the dev is running some critical function and that has stopped. Normally they need to wake up and restart it... maybe its a spork or something. My wallet was "running" before I restarted it and it wasn't complaining.... as soon as I restarted it, it said it was 14 hours behind...

Protocol versions between 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 haven't changed, so this wasn't supposed to be a major upgrade... 1.2.0 is broken too.

addnode=159.89.38.128
addnode=159.89.38.126
addnode=159.203.110.137
addnode=174.138.60.69
addnode=159.203.99.171
addnode=205.134.171.78

Set yourself to the same node. Had the truth all the blocks to delete and re-sync completely. Works. Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 7
so when is Cryptopia?
Activity: 125

addnode=159.89.38.128
addnode=159.89.38.126
addnode=159.203.110.137
addnode=174.138.60.69
addnode=159.203.99.171
addnode=205.134.171.78

Activity: 125

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
I would like to inquire about the importance of masternodes versus miners on the blockchain.  Both are essentially doing the same work, but masternodes add more value to the blockchain.  How much more value?  Polis block reward is structured to give 4x more reward to MN vs. miners.  Do masternodes add four times as much value to Polis vs. miners contribution?  

Why do masternodes add more value to a blockchain than miners? It doesn't make sense to me as you correctly said they are essentially doing the same work.
Activity: 57
yay yes must happen like proper
Activity: 196
why do they sell like an idiot?
Because Bitcoin is rising and they all want to have their capital was in Bitcoin, not other coins. My personal opinion.

Precisely. I think with the end of Chinese New Year people might expect a general upswing in BTC and so they're pulling capital into that. I'd imagine once BTC stabilizes above $10k, capital will go back into more speculative altcoins.

Pure speculation on my part though.
Activity: 178
what is the exact purpose of this coin?
Activity: 126
 more info about this coin purpose. but this is a good project with low premine. good luck dev
Activity: 79
why do they sell like an idiot?
Because Bitcoin is rising and they all want to have their capital was in Bitcoin, not other coins. My personal opinion.
Activity: 210
very proud to see the blockchain is ready and has a masternode that has been prepared so neatly. I feel mining on this coin is very interesting and profitable, I have a hunch that this coin has great potential to develop
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
I would like to inquire about the importance of masternodes versus miners on the blockchain.  Both are essentially doing the same work, but masternodes add more value to the blockchain.  How much more value?  Polis block reward is structured to give 4x more reward to MN vs. miners.  Do masternodes add four times as much value to Polis vs. miners contribution?  

I'm a miner and I also participate in some masternodes.  In my opinion, it is highly arguable regarding what percentage or share of block rewards should go to miners, MN holders, or administration.  Ultimately, it comes down to what will make the business aspect of the coin successful.  Bitcoin is successful pretty much because it was first and it has loads of infrastructure.  Masternodes are a way of stabilizing the network and market activity to inspire belief in the coin.  

Masternodes add something that wasn't there before it was just miners and market dumpers.  How do you value the addition of something that wasn't even there and changed the whole dynamic of cryptocurrency?  Why are "masternodes" such a hot sector?  Worth 4x more than what miners get?  Hell... maybe 10x if the project is worth anything.

But it's all highly speculative.  Will miners get a bad taste in their mouth after crappy rewards?  Yep.  Will it matter?  Yep.  

I think the positive aspect of Polis is the intention for community-driven change.  As a miner, I'm all for incentives for miners and maybe that is something that will change.  I really don't like a lot of wallet forks but that comes with the territory if we are going to be part of a crypto community.

But basically, yes... at any given time, a MN has brought 2x 4x 10x etc more value to cryptocurrency than mining alone.  It has changed the environment for the better.  But there will be an ebb and flow of incentives to both MN holders and miners and that is the way it has to be for now.
Pages:
Jump to: