Author

Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT - page 125. (Read 277213 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
What's going on with PPT? It's now $68!!

Hey, when was PPT trading at $68 (currently trading at $45) I am so sad that I missed out on such a nice price jump.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
So I think most of us are asking what is the value of PPT when measured by traditional means. I'm going to take a stab. I appreciate comments on my ramblings and rough math:

For example, if you can buy a share/token for $1 and earn 3% per year, what will an investor pay for that stock plus $.03 annual earnings? 10x earnings is probably not unreasonable, so probably about $.30 give or take.

We'll ignore a supply/demand imbalance in the auction which would presumably also affect the interest rate and assume we can earn 2% monthly interest (24% annual interest)reliably. Let's also assume that you can use 80% of the current PPT market value to buy an invoice. For example, an $8k invoice would require $10k of PPT.

PPT is about $46 at the moment. 24% of 80% of $46 is $8.80.

Using a Dividend Discount Model with a Discount Rate of 2%, the calculated value per "share" is $440.

The interesting thing is that as the value of the token increases, the value of the earnings increase at the same rate. So a $440 PPT token would supposedly yield $88 annually. This then yields a token dividend valuation of $4408. So there is no limit to what PPT is worth except the actual ability to actually earn 2%.

The ability to earn 2% monthly interest depends on the supply of invoices and auction conditions achieving a consistent 2% monthly interest rate.

Not enough invoices, lower interest rate results in lower returns. Too many invoices results in higher returns.

The DDM doesn't take into account additional value due to anticipated increase in token price.

There are 37M tokens, so to achieve a $1000 token price, each token needs to be able to earn $19.20 interest annually. This requires a supply of $3.7B of invoices available that you can earn 2% monthly on.

That isn't to say that the DDM is accurate of valid, just one attempt at valuing PPT. Once people are able to see what real returns look like, and if they are close to these assumptions then $1000+ is no problem.

I think you're on the right track, but I see it a little differently. Because the amount you earn increases with price of the token, you can't really use a DDM approach. As you said, the constraining factor is the volume of available invoices.

So the market cap of the tokens should be approximate to the volume of invoices available. It'll be interesting to see what happens if there aren't enough invoices available, but my guess is that it'll result in some sell pressure so the token market cap doesn't ever go significantly above the invoice volume. There are some other factors at play, but that's the primary driver in my opinion.

That leads to the question of how much of the factoring market can they capture, as well as how much larger will the market grow now that more small businesses will have access to this type of financing.

I published a valuation model in the Telegram group that allows you to play with various assumptions, but that's the approach I used. I can see it going as high as $684 by the end of 2019 under the right circumstances.

Please keep in mind that this is not investment advice, so please do your own due diligence.

I decided to put together a blog post outlining my approach: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@cryptodax/populous-ppt-token-valuation-model

I link to the valuation model is included in the post, so you can download it and try different assumptions. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
My flatmate and I invested in this last year and I was saying I could see PPT hitting $10 (it was $2-3 at the time). He said I was stupid and its a $100 token easy. Very happy to find out it looks like he was spot on.
ppt also make me surprised.i cannot believe the price is so high.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I need help. I have in my wallet 200 tokens with ticker BIM. When I click on delthabalances at this token I see this link https://etherdelta.com/#0x97bf9d01ebfab188d532c9ef941017bc882353b9-ETH which redirects me to Populus token page on ED.

What is BIM token? Is this related to Populus? Why when I click on that I am redirected to Populus page on ED?

If anybody can explain I will be thankful.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

For someone who has over 400 followers, I wouldn't listen to what he has to say lol PPT has been rising steadily since the last dip we had not long ago. Yes the volume has increased a lot in the last 24 hours but like I have said before PPT will be worth a lot more in the near future. I'm still holding.
Activity: 406
My flatmate and I invested in this last year and I was saying I could see PPT hitting $10 (it was $2-3 at the time). He said I was stupid and its a $100 token easy. Very happy to find out it looks like he was spot on.

what does your flatmate say now? I think he's a bit mean
Activity: 238
Merit: 68
Do good things
Activity: 163
Merit: 101

What a bull .... 1 winner and a lot of losers i didnt know there are so many idiots
Activity: 183
ok thanks
populous price exploding > $60,-  wow
pump n dump

Why do you think so?
Their beta dashboard still not launched yet...but it may be the cause of the rise.

Activity: 492
Merit: 251
populous price exploding > $60,-  wow
pump n dump
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
woww...check the volume out..
that wasn't me...
Activity: 650
Merit: 350
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
PXT tradeable on ED: https://etherdelta.com/#0xc14830e53aa344e8c14603a91229a0b925b0b262-ETH
One trade right now at about $12 for 200 XBR 2 hours ago.

Not bad if the $12 price holds up.

I would like to know all details regarding XBR token, what's the Populous team plane for the XBR token?
https://steemit.com/populous/@marcusxman/populous-pxt-the-great-equaliser
Thanks, so populous have three coins/tokens PPT, Poken and PXT. and PXT will be used to buy data from the populous Data Platform. does PPT team will running an ico for PXT?
What's going on with PPT? It's now $68!!
yeah, when I saw it there was no limit to my surprise
Trade recommendation :
Sell ripple
Buy populous
Sell house
Buy populous
you're so sure about it. one guy said that populous doesn't need marketing and he was right, cause many people talking about it. I told about it for so many friends
Jump to: