Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT - page 85. (Read 277212 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 10
PPT watcher here, I come in peace.

I have been reading the carnage from the previous pages, I can see both sides of the arguments.

Just to clarify, the following supposition from Rob Roche on Steem is FUD ?

https://steemit.com/populous/@rob.roche/populous-fraud-the-habitual-lying-of-ppt-ceo-and-convicted-fraudster-steve-n-ico-williams

Example scenario - not PPT.

Hypothetically and only hypothetically you see why an individual (in this example any individual) being convicted for 4 years for 'Obtaining money transfer by deception' is a problem when you are running a $1bn USD company that's single purpose of existence is money transfers.

And the other problem is that this situation would not be workable if the company was liable to follow 'fit-and-proper' persons law under U.K financial services regulations which is where PPT is registered. You need to consider if such a discovery was made at a company which was under such regulations.

If the steem post is FUD then such example scenarios are not even a consideration and PPT can continue on its way to becoming a multi-billion $$$ company and good luck to the PPT team as Crypto needs a success story.

Oi cockbag, As far as I am aware the only things that can stop you being a company director are being personally bankrupt or being banned by the courts from being a director.

Before using personal insults please consult the U.K Financial Conduct Authority fit-and-proper handbook. The handbook is to be used as a guide for U.K based financial services companies which fall under the jurisdiction of the FCA such as, lending companies and companies involved with the movement of capital.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/FIT.pdf

"The FCA will have regard to a number of factors when assessing the fitness
and propriety of a person to perform a particular controlled function, as
more particularly described in ■ FIT 2 (Main assessment criteria).

The FCA would expect firms that are required to assess the fitness and
propriety of staff being assessed under FIT to have regard to substantially
the same factors as those outlined in ■ FIT 2.

In the FCA's view, the most important considerations will be the person’s:
honesty, integrity and reputation;
competence and capability; and
financial soundness.
In assessing fitness and propriety, the FCA will also take account of the
activities of the firm for which the controlled function is or is to be
performed, the permission held by that firm and the markets within which it
operates.
A relevant authorised person assessing the fitness and propriety of staff
being assessed under FIT should consider:
(1) the nature, scale and complexity of its business, the nature and range
of financial services and activities undertaken in the course of that
business; and
(2) whether the candidate or person has the knowledge, skills and
experience to perform the specific role that the candidate or person is
intended to perform."

Hence, I will stick to my original hypothetical conclusion that if indeed a CEO or Managing director of a company had been placed under her majesty's pleasure for 4 years for fraudulent money transfers and was then put in charge of a $1bn USD listed company which primary function is money transfers then, yes this would be perceived to be a major governance issue.

This is all hypothetical.

I am simply asking the question, which remains un-answered - is the Steem article (which I have not written) FUD ? and if so what evidence can be presented to demonstrate it is FUD? the longer the question remains un-answered the bigger the problem gets.

If it is FUD then good luck to the PPT team and all the best.
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
I went to see my central banker uncle a couple weeks ago. I showed him populous platform and he started screaming and throwing his yamaka around. Sorry uncle.  Huh Embarrassed Wink I guess populous just makes people so mad for some reason.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
I went to see my central banker uncle a couple weeks ago. I showed him populous platform and he started screaming and throwing his yamaka around. Sorry uncle.  Huh Embarrassed Wink I guess populous just makes people so mad for some reason.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Populous is the biggest scam lol. But I didn't realise till a few weeks back and I sold at 600k sats so I'm laughing because I made a huge profit and got the hell off of a sinking ship.

Thats good weak hands needs to get out :-)
You will buy back when its 100$ ?

Big investors accumulate since weeks.
https://etherscan.io/token/Populous?a=0xfe9e8709d3215310075d67e3ed32a380ccf451c8

Those volumes are way too big to be buy trades on a market. That’s someone moving around ppt between their own accounts.

Hehehe ... thats one of Binance’s wallets for tokens , lol  ... look at token holder, and how much of tokens is in that wallet.
Calculated value of tokens there right now is good 2800 million USD ... not counting 515k ETH ...  
When is PPT gonna drop below $5? Could be a good time to get in.

I don't think it will be there ever even there is negativity about this now. If this hits ever $10 I will be buying 1k tokens and will share my wallet address with you. I have little hope to see it getting there. It will be risk because of the situation but will be worth to go in at minimum price.

(((They))) don't want populous to succeed. I think we all know why.
Is the team funds locked in a wallet for 12 months which is about to expire soon right? I would cash out any ppt you have right now if I were you before the 'team' does. I don't think there is a team, looks like he had a temp CTO and the main developer was someone he hired from upwork.
There are plenty of coins to invest in. Mark my words, this will go to zero. I actually met the guy and he was looking for a team and developers even after the ICO as he didn't have a team before that.

The above guy is silvertheantidote https://imgur.com/a/WW3RX
Pray for Brian Hyland https://imgur.com/a/EGMRy
I heard this theory that ppt's market cap should be worth the combined marketcap of worldwide banking. So that would imply all the furniture, buildings, and money in there. I already ordered a couple pallets of popcorn for the bonfire. We should be ready to sign up for retail factoring friends.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250

I don't think it will be there ever even there is negativity about this now. If this hits ever $10 I will be buying 1k tokens and will share my wallet address with you. I have little hope to see it getting there. It will be risk because of the situation but will be worth to go in at minimum price.
Activity: 131
Activity: 854
Merit: 256
This shared address also made me wonder as well. There are two possibilities or this guy whoever he is knows something big and solid and taking advantage of the fear and cheap tokens or he just went all in as gambled. He has stocked up lot of PPT token which are on increase constantly.
Activity: 140
Good job by the developers
I'm pretty grateful I bought into populous a long time ago. Seems like we rotate around an upward trendline like bitcoin still above the 200 day MA. Being here this long gives perspective as to how far the team/project has come. When the haters clog the hallways and you get flak, that means you're a part of something big and right over the target zone.
Activity: 96
Populous is the biggest scam lol. But I didn't realise till a few weeks back and I sold at 600k sats so I'm laughing because I made a huge profit and got the hell off of a sinking ship.

https://etherscan.io/token/Populous?a=0xfe9e8709d3215310075d67e3ed32a380ccf451c8

Those volumes are way too big to be buy trades on a market. That’s someone moving around ppt between their own accounts.
PPT watcher here, I come in peace.

I have been reading the carnage from the previous pages, I can see both sides of the arguments.

Just to clarify, the following supposition from Rob Roche on Steem is FUD ?

https://steemit.com/populous/@rob.roche/populous-fraud-the-habitual-lying-of-ppt-ceo-and-convicted-fraudster-steve-n-ico-williams

Example scenario - not PPT.

Hypothetically and only hypothetically you see why an individual (in this example any individual) being convicted for 4 years for 'Obtaining money transfer by deception' is a problem when you are running a $1bn USD company that's single purpose of existence is money transfers.

And the other problem is that this situation would not be workable if the company was liable to follow 'fit-and-proper' persons law under U.K financial services regulations which is where PPT is registered. You need to consider if such a discovery was made at a company which was under such regulations.

If the steem post is FUD then such example scenarios are not even a consideration and PPT can continue on its way to becoming a multi-billion $$$ company and good luck to the PPT team as Crypto needs a success story.

Oi cockbag, As far as I am aware the only things that can stop you being a company director are being personally bankrupt or being banned by the courts from being a director.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
I don't get it PPT said they are the first and  Hive said | The first cryptocurrency invoice financing platform! I'll stick with HIVE
Activity: 33
Is the team funds locked in a wallet for 12 months which is about to expire soon right? I would cash out any ppt you have right now if I were you before the 'team' does. I don't think there is a team, looks like he had a temp CTO and the main developer was someone he hired from upwork.
There are plenty of coins to invest in. Mark my words, this will go to zero. I actually met the guy and he was looking for a team and developers even after the ICO as he didn't have a team before that.
Activity: 650
Merit: 350
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
If you can take profit, then please do it.

At market cap ranking in the top 30 for such small project is considered close to being overpriced, provided it is legitimate to start with.

If you have made handsome profit that even beats the stock market performance, then it is prudent to sell some to take back your capital at the very least.

No, I say this again, I am not buying any PPT, not at any price. So don't you keep thinking I am suggesting you to sell so I can buy cheap. Heck, there are few ICO opportunities out there that are currently selling at cheapass price I don't need PPT to make outsize gain, gimme a break.

I am saying this just in case things become really too late, that you may not lose almost everything.

You aren't holdings, buying and you do not have the intention to buy PPT. I wondering why have you been here in the first place and still posting negatives about populous? We'd like to know the real reason you are here.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Populous beta is out and token owners get to watch the progress, almost all people who should get the pxt received it, looks like they have tripled the size of the programming staff to help get things done, and smart contract available.

From Clif's report: populous will be first mover in the factoring space to be emulated to be chased

Also there's the addition of Jack Lee to the team. Some people talk about other projects but any finish for them is in the very distant future.

Estimated completion dates imo:
Populous - this month or early next month
Paypie - March 2019
Debitum - May 2019

This is based on trend we're seeing where it takes longer to finish things than expected. It seems like everything else doesn't happen as fast as people want.

Don't forget to add HVN on your list. HVN is a lot more unique than PPT
Activity: 305
Merit: 105

Populous beta is out and token owners get to watch the progress, almost all people who should get the pxt received it, looks like they have tripled the size of the programming staff to help get things done, and smart contract available.

From Clif's report: populous will be first mover in the factoring space to be emulated to be chased

Also there's the addition of Jack Lee to the team. Some people talk about other projects but any finish for them is in the very distant future.

Estimated completion dates imo:
Populous - this month or early next month
Paypie - March 2019
Debitum - May 2019

This is based on trend we're seeing where it takes longer to finish things than expected. It seems like everything else doesn't happen as fast as people want.
Pages:
Jump to: