Pages:
Author

Topic: 🚀[ANN] [Presale] OREN Platform - The Complete Boxed Solution for Online Gaming - page 5. (Read 6398 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
We will allow comparison with other similar platforms. But, please be respectful in your post.
Activity: 686
Merit: 359
do you have twitter bounty campaign?
In SIA, the one who host the storage can prevent from legal issue by declaring they have no knowledge to the files they store. Is it the same for OREN? Can those who host the game escape from legal issue by saying they don't know who are playing, what are being played?

I am imagining a totally unstoppable gaming platform.

You sure do have some interesting questions.

In SIA, the host only rents the space and it is true he/she doesn't know whats been stored there. But, on OREN Platform the host node is knowingly bidding for a game license token he/she wants to host on his/her node. So, that rule doesn't apply here. So, I guess this also answers you question regarding the immoral games as legal actions can be taken against those host nodes who are hosting such games,
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
In SIA, the one who host the storage can prevent from legal issue by declaring they have no knowledge to the files they store. Is it the same for OREN? Can those who host the game escape from legal issue by saying they don't know who are playing, what are being played?

I am imagining a totally unstoppable gaming platform.
Can developers publish illegal game, such as some morally unacceptable game on OREN Platform? Will it be always on the blockchain as long as there are host nodes supporting it or players paying for it?

The blockchain is controlled by the whole community, not an individual. So, in a sense yes it is possible. But, if the host nodes don't support such games, then it won't reach to the gamers. Gamers can make a filter based on the rating/quality of a host node in order to avoid such games.

So can developers/gamers/publishers be anonymous? It is possible for developers/gamers/publishers to use Tor network? Also, in my opinion, there will always be someone who would like to play that kind of game, if there are enough demand for the game, there will always be someone hosting it.

Since no one can control the access to a blockchain node, it is possible to use Tor Network. And yes they may host those games, but thats the same with all central servers too. It would be the police's work to take them down. And we would cooperate to your best in order to locate such nodes.
Can developers publish illegal game, such as some morally unacceptable game on OREN Platform? Will it be always on the blockchain as long as there are host nodes supporting it or players paying for it?

The blockchain is controlled by the whole community, not an individual. So, in a sense yes it is possible. But, if the host nodes don't support such games, then it won't reach to the gamers. Gamers can make a filter based on the rating/quality of a host node in order to avoid such games.

So can developers/gamers/publishers be anonymous? It is possible for developers/gamers/publishers to use Tor network? Also, in my opinion, there will always be someone who would like to play that kind of game, if there are enough demand for the game, there will always be someone hosting it.

The blockchain is controlled by the whole community, not an individual. So, in a sense yes it is possible. But, if the host nodes don't support such games, then it won't reach to the gamers. Gamers can make a filter based on the rating/quality of a host node in order to avoid such games. The best option here is that to not include those kinds of nodes with the default wallets. So, if someone wants to play such games, they would have to manually list those host nodes who supply that kind of games and then carry on. If a person is willing to go that far to play a game, there is no way to stop him/her from doing so, irrespective to it being a blockchain based platform or just a normal server based platform as we see in the open.
We are launching an Q&A session on this thread starting from now and will last till 10 PM UTC. Answers to all the questions will be posted live.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Native Korean, Professional Translator
I'd like to reserve Korean Translation

If you need Korean Translation, please PM Me Smiley

Thank you.
Merit: 250
as we know Gamers are huge, and if this project is successful, we can be professional players later~~.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nice looking project .. I'll try not to take my eyes off of this one ... good luck devs
I dont know if Im a dummy or something but I cant find the whitepaper

Can anyone PM the link? Or is it somewhere on their website?

Its pretty much everywhere, but still let me copy it for you here:

https://orenplatform.com/documents/whitepaper.pdf

Smiley

Reading the WP, nice project you go Smiley
Very promising.

Thank you for showing your interest in our project. If you have any questions feel free to shoot them away. Also join our telegram as someone from the team will be there almost all the time to answer your questions:

https://t.me/ORENTelegram

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

Smiley

Reading the WP, nice project you go Smiley
Very promising.

Smiley
Activity: 14

Bounty announcement will be made in one hour.

Thank you for your reply, it does explained many things to me.

Correct me if I am wrong, does that means a game developer must write the code specifically for the OREN platform in order for the host node to host the game, which mean an online game must be developed on top of OREN platform in order to be included into the blockchain?

Furthermore, I believe OREN platform does not has the legal power to protect a game from being copied by other, which mean a copyright of the game will only be issued through governement, am I right?

Thank you again.

If you want to copyright a game yes you do need government's help. But say someone copies you game and makes a clone, what he/she can do is issue a totally different game license token for his game. So any game items/assets his game generates on the blockchain would literally mean nothing because your game's items/assets hold the real market value and to use your game's features, contents, updates, etc. the gamer do need your game's access token, which literally means purchasing the original game, not the clone. Any items generated or any game progress made on the cloned game will not be usable on your game (the real game which holds the market value).

And no the developer don't have to write games specifically "on" the platform, they just have to use the APIs of the OREN Platform to store, generate, extract the game data, progress, items etc. So, devs are open to any programming language or game engines as long as the API supports it. We plan on extending this support on all platforms and game engines. A detailed documentation library on how to use the APIs on different game engines and programming languages will be made and released in around March 2018.

Coming to your host node question, the game server will be built by the dev just like how all game servers are built. But, we do have a system where the game servers will use the platform's api in order to generate an AUTH token which gives it the right to broadcast that the server is online on the blockchain (only then gamers can see it in their game library's server explorer) and also generate the "real" game items which holds the market value. In order to generate this AUTH token, the host node needs to have the game license token which he/she had purchased from you through the auction where both of you have came to an agreement with the revenue sharing model.

Hope I have answered your question.
Pages:
Jump to: