Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PYRITE | $PYE | POW/POS HYBRID | SHA256Q | FAIR LAUNCH | NO PREMINE | - page 6. (Read 23953 times)

copper member
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
http://45.56.162.94:3001/tx/9217d5ec99f8d47ca8ac4aa664e45e50fcd507c9b46094404f16fbb22b433521 took a while, but PoW diff went down, 2 blocks found. We're okay. I encourage you to join the mining pool.
Activity: 19
On second thought... Since PoS still works, and coins can be transmitted, maybe the archaic difficulty adjustment is not a bug but a feature. Whoever the miner was, knowingly or not, has created a scenario where Pyrite is hard to obtain. One must use a lot of hash power to generate more Pyrite to keep the "production" running, or wait a long time for the difficulty to drop, "wasting" resources. Unexpected, but fits nicely with the name, doesn't it? A true free and competitive market. It sounds cheesy, but since the coin is experimental I think I'll keep it as such for now. Unless i am an idiot and the whole logic is flawed. 200GH/s is not large in the grand scheme of things. The problem was that difficulty went up x100 in a matter of a day.

Though it does make it difficult for those of us who just found this now and are trying to mine Sad

Can't try out PoS without some coin... can't get the coin without overcoming the massive difficulty coupled with the lack of base hash :/
copper member
So what's the idea for this coin in a few words?

There is a community telegram run by one of the miners. I'm going to make a website sometime soon. There is no roadmap and no whitepaper. Coin is 6 days old and I'm doing everything by myself, so you're going to have to be patient. Maybe it will be a total failure, I don't know myself at this point. Just mine (or don't) and enjoy (or don't).

The idea is to create a fair, mineable cryptocurrency. This is not a quick cash grab or an attempt at one. It's really that simple. No gimmicks, no hidden plan. I have some ideas in my mind for protocol upgrades, but it's too early to discuss and it'll just generate unnecessary weight on my shoulders with people asking for them every day. I also have no plan to pay for an exchange listing, however small the fee might be. I am a miner just like you and hold no premine/dev fee. Coin is one week old and already there is an issue with regards to difficulty adjustment. Maybe it was just an unfortunate event or maybe a deliberate act that a miner or group of miners joined the network last night with 200+ GH/s increasing difficulty tenfold, and then left after a short period of time. What you're seeing now is a delay in block production caused by that. If this was in fact deliberate and keeps repeating I'll have to address it quickly. I'm aware of the options that are out there. This is a fork of blackcoin, so codebase is pretty old.

So, we haven't had a PoW block in 17 hours thanks to some asshole who stopped by with his farm for 2 hours and thought it was a good idea to push difficulty upwards. Not even sure there are people still mining. PoS still works, transactions get sent, blockchain moves forward if you need to make a transfer. This is not perfect, but it's something. If not enough power joins the network soon, I'll look into a way to reset difficulty via some rule and release a new binary. Would probably be best to change the difficulty adjustment algorithm as well... I don't know, funds are safu for now.

On second thought... Since PoS still works, and coins can be transmitted, maybe the archaic difficulty adjustment is not a bug but a feature. Whoever the miner was, knowingly or not, has created a scenario where Pyrite is hard to obtain. One must use a lot of hash power to generate more Pyrite to keep the "production" running, or wait a long time for the difficulty to drop, "wasting" resources. Unexpected, but fits nicely with the name, doesn't it? A true free and competitive market. It sounds cheesy, but since the coin is experimental I think I'll keep it as such for now. Unless i am an idiot and the whole logic is flawed. 200GH/s is not large in the grand scheme of things. The problem was that difficulty went up x100 in a matter of a day.
copper member

There is a community telegram run by one of the miners. I'm going to make a website sometime soon. There is no roadmap and no whitepaper. Coin is 6 days old and I'm doing everything by myself, so you're going to have to be patient. Maybe it will be a total failure, I don't know myself at this point. Just mine (or don't) and enjoy (or don't).

The idea is to create a fair, mineable cryptocurrency. This is not a quick cash grab or an attempt at one. It's really that simple. No gimmicks, no hidden plan. I have some ideas in my mind for protocol upgrades, but it's too early to discuss and it'll just generate unnecessary weight on my shoulders with people asking for them every day. I also have no plan to pay for an exchange listing, however small the fee might be. I am a miner just like you and hold no premine/dev fee. Coin is one week old and already there is an issue with regards to difficulty adjustment. Maybe it was just an unfortunate event or maybe a deliberate act that a miner or group of miners joined the network last night with 200+ GH/s increasing difficulty tenfold, and then left after a short period of time. What you're seeing now is a delay in block production caused by that. If this was in fact deliberate and keeps repeating I'll have to address it quickly. I'm aware of the options that are out there. This is a fork of blackcoin, so codebase is pretty old.

So, we haven't had a PoW block in 17 hours thanks to some asshole who stopped by with his farm for 2 hours and thought it was a good idea to push difficulty upwards. Not even sure there are people still mining. PoS still works, transactions get sent, blockchain moves forward if you need to make a transfer. This is not perfect, but it's something. If not enough power joins the network soon, I'll look into a way to reset difficulty via some rule and release a new binary. Would probably be best to change the difficulty adjustment algorithm as well... I don't know, funds are safu for now.
copper member

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

copper member
Touched up the GitHub information so it's at least aesthetically pleasing and informative. Will make a better / graphical OP when I get enough merit, rank or what not. Will set up more permanent seed nodes tomorrow and start on the website. No ETA on that.
copper member
Thanks a lot. You're the man. Will add to OP.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Admin of CoinMiners Pools
GPU MINER: https://github.com/pyritepirate/ccminer/tree/linux

You have to clone and build from this branch. It's Linux only for now and should work as intended.  I have no way of testing one for Windows, sorry. Hopefully someone nice in the community will contribute to a Windows version.

Here it is the windows version  x64 bit cuda 9.0 https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw
copper member
When will more information about the project, whitepaper, roadmap and even a group be available on the discord or website?

copper member
sorry my language , and good luck for your coin, just got 1P from asic thank you

It's alright.
Activity: 452
sorry my language , and good luck for your coin, just got 1P from asic thank you
copper member
Activity: 201
Hi, everybody. This coin is already in my profit mining calculator https://calcminer.info/ as well as more than 1000 pow coins  Wink
copper member
If you're mining out there, you have 2 pool options for now that nobody seems to be using / is aware of: https://pool.coin-miners.info/ and http://plant-pool.net/

There is a "big" solo miner that is getting most of the rewards right now, so if you want to mine something it's best to join forces.
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...
so if it's not just a cpu coin explain to me why they add two pools and I'll go with antminers and I can not mine.
  created a gpu coin of sha256 but I do not know why ... because sha256 is with a very high difficulty.
  nothing already compensates below 1000 TB and also if you can not mine with amtminer, how explain that yesterday was a worker with 10TB this in gpu rings, it is a bit strange are many ring needs, if there are many coins where to monetize them, good luck for a coin
For crying out loud!
read the ANN!!!!!!!!!

The fact that some pool operators blindly jump to the conclusion that this is normal sha256 makes it their own damn fault. And you should be giving THEM shit for it, not dev.

It CLEARLY says sha256q. did you see the q? It also says ASIC's won't work.

And finally there is a disclaimer in the bottom saying "Everything to get you started is written above. This is an experiment. This is fool's gold."

If you still insist on concluding that 2+2=5 then frankly you've got bigger problems.
copper member
so if it's not just a cpu coin explain to me why they add two pools and I'll go with antminers and I can not mine.
  created a gpu coin of sha256 but I do not know why ... because sha256 is with a very high difficulty.
  nothing already compensates below 1000 TB and also if you can not mine with amtminer, how explain that yesterday was a worker with 10TB this in gpu rings, it is a bit strange are many ring needs, if there are many coins where to monetize them, good luck for a coin

You seem confused. This is not sha256d therefore you can't mine with your antminer.
Activity: 452
Activity: 35
gpu miner for windows please
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Intresting algo. How many blocks for retargetting?
copper member
GPU MINER: https://github.com/pyritepirate/ccminer/tree/linux

You have to clone and build from this branch. It's Linux only for now and should work as intended.  I have no way of testing one for Windows, sorry. Hopefully someone nice in the community will contribute to a Windows version.

Pages:
Jump to: