Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 181. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
are you working full time on QORA?
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
Downloaded. unzipped. Executed. Nothing happens. Im am Windows 7 starter. First time this happened with a wallet of any sort. Any issues I should be aware of ?

Version 9 is now available.

https://mega.co.nz/#!jtIWnYSZ!2LfxcdK2aWaV9rTNH_0H2XwZ_DjwnTLBGz1QP0WLrhE
Please download the application from this post and not from a quote.

MD5: d94f783b73c80a4d24283a7eb4c64ca4
SHA-1: 009756aa1c531c0cfdcd074d55c85109df7dfc46

This version contains the voting system which will be activated on 25 June 5PM GMT.
A new ping network message has been added which will be used in the future to detect closed connections faster.
Also contains some small fixes to the database and network that you probably won't even notice.
This version does not contains the API for the voting system. This will be added in an update before the release.

Not upgrading to this version before 25 June 5PM GMT will make your client fork.

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
The API changes which will be included in V10 can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rqBS8-w090DbDa9ptNg0xvlRjafKEuZzx71aTFSeoUU/edit

Everyone who has ideas for the vote can post them here.
I will then create a document so everyone knows what they can vote for.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I think it might be worth us having a moderated /locked ann thread when the voting system is live. We will have a OP that has all the details and have a community member that starts it so we can edit it on the fly?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Yes I think the seed option of the qora client is the best feature for this coin. Computer illiterates like me do not need to get paranoid when the software goes crazy. It's very easy to get your account back as compared to NXT, DOGE, BITCOIN, etc.. I think the voting system will be up and running on the 25th YAYYY!!

Of course there are deterministic wallets available for bitcoin like Electrum and Armory. NXT is a brain wallet, so no problem there either, the account id is base on your password. Doge, no idea if there are deterministic wallets for it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, the deterministic wallet is a nice thing, I'm just saying, it's not a major differentiator.
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Just a thought...What if we focus on the user friendliness of Qora? As far as I can tell one of the biggest turn off for non crypto people is that you gotta type in some weird numbers to log into your account. Can we think of a secure way for people to log into their wallets with their emails. I know that would make a big difference to a lot of my non crypto friends, interms of user friendliness...

I support this Idea.

I also like to just download the file, unzip it and just open the wallet, user friendly, good looking thing that are really important if we want to reach also non-techie people who are interested and don't know how to open their wallets etc.

This can be achieved really easy. Qora just has to add a portable java and change the run.bat to  "%~dp0\java\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
That's all... the difference is that this file will be about 40 MB big, but that's a small price I think Wink.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Just a thought...What if we focus on the user friendliness of Qora? As far as I can tell one of the biggest turn off for non crypto people is that you gotta type in some weird numbers to log into your account. Can we think of a secure way for people to log into their wallets with their emails. I know that would make a big difference to a lot of my non crypto friends, interms of user friendliness...

I support this Idea.

I also like to just download the file, unzip it and just open the wallet, user friendly, good looking thing that are really important if we want to reach also non-techie people who are interested and don't know how to open their wallets etc.

legendary
Activity: 1146
Anyone else having wallet issues?
Activity: 168
what will qora do when kora clone qora?

+

Ignore post coming

Something else Qora said in the chat was that he would of had a moderated thread but it can look like you have something to hide or you are scamming so he did an unmoderated thread.

I'm not against genuine criticism but if we do get bombarded with FUD again then we should have another discussion thread that is moderated at this point I think its fair if people need to talk seriously about development issues.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Yes I think the seed option of the qora client is the best feature for this coin. Computer illiterates like me do not need to get paranoid when the software goes crazy. It's very easy to get your account back as compared to NXT, DOGE, BITCOIN, etc.. I think the voting system will be up and running on the 25th YAYYY!!
AE and Voting system,hope qora created these ASAP  Grin

Yeah I'm dying to know how the AE is going to work. I hope people put it first in the vote.

I find the wallet user friendly. If you think of it as an 'installation/registration key' or something like that instead of 'seed' I think the average person is used to entering a long code etc to kick start software etc.

After that you could in theory use the password abc if you want after that, couldn't be easy. Don't forget most people wont have to re download the wallet every week like we do.  Smiley

The other major option that many wallets have is a backup file but that brings with it issues for newbies too. The ability to retrieve their account is VERY important for newbies in Cryptocurrencies. The idea that they can just lose all their money if they lose a file or something is insane for some people.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
AE and Voting system,hope qora created these ASAP  Grin
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Of course Qora could of been lying and covering up.  Smiley

Reading the screenshot sounds like a nice cover up to me Wink
I don't care if qora is bcnext or not but qora for sure knows a lot more than his answers suggest.

In my opinion: BCnext = Come-from-Beyond (which also stopped posting on BTT @ April 23, 2014) = Qora

It’s hard to operate more than 1 BTT account for a long time. Gets confusing and you don’t want to fail and do a mistake like utopianfuture has done.

Definitely Qora knows more than leading on! Guess we will never really know for sure if Qora is BCNxt.  Cheesy

In other observations last week:

1. The community is coming together with a solid plan.
2. Price ebbs which is good for distribution. I'm not at all concerned about the price for now...it will increase as innovative features are launched.

Time to support Qora and stick to the plan. Qora asked for NXT whitepaper which there is not one...but interesting he would ask. Regarding code, I'm wondering if Qora would be willing to secure the Qora code somewhere (at least with one other developer, or pieces with different devs), in case something happens. Why not cover our basis now. Vrontis or Agran would be good candidates in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
Of course Qora could of been lying and covering up.  Smiley

Reading the screenshot sounds like a nice cover up to me Wink
I don't care if qora is bcnext or not but qora for sure knows a lot more than his answers suggest.

In my opinion: BCnext = Come-from-Beyond (which also stopped posting on BTT @ April 23, 2014) = Qora

It’s hard to operate more than 1 BTT account for a long time. Gets confusing and you don’t want to fail and do a mistake like utopianfuture has done.

Poor gorillajam  Sad

Screw that guy, he held back a lot of early development and pushed people away who were going to work on wallets etc.

I feel good about a new start.
Poor gorillajam  Sad

Its the best thing for this coin. We can separate ourselves from the NXT and NXT clones completely.

I think a release of the whitepaper is also needed to show people the uniqueness of the system.

Of course Qora could of been lying and covering up.  Smiley
Activity: 656
Poor gorillajam  Sad
Activity: 532
Post it!

http://m.imgur.com/sFI9DG4
Let's start reboot this coin again without the NXT crap. This is a new coin, period.
repost Smiley
Jump to: