Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 292. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
You know what the problem with Qora is. There is nobody marketing it, because only few people hold it. Distribution sucks. NXT had the same issue, but they were the first to offer the same features, they were a novelty, so people hang on to NXT. Qora may offer the same features, although still buggy, but a) because few people own it, few people can speak in favor of it and do marketing efforts (compare with Doge for example), b) there is no novelty about Qora.

Even alias trading, which Qora boasts of, doesn't seem to be happening much. Why don't Qora whales buy some of the aliases to help the distribution a bit. It won't hurt their balance a lot, but it will get more people interested. If Qora whales don't do that quickly, NXT will beat Qora to it, as they will release the next client with alias transfer too. Oh and those who sell aliases, please put reasonable price tags on them Smiley Just some thoughts of a Qora thread lurker.

I guess you registered a couple of thousands names and put it on sale Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
You know what the problem with Qora is. There is nobody marketing it, because only few people hold it. Distribution sucks. NXT had the same issue, but they were the first to offer the same features, they were a novelty, so people hang on to NXT. Qora may offer the same features, although still buggy, but a) because few people own it, few people can speak in favor of it and do marketing efforts (compare with Doge for example), b) there is no novelty about Qora.

Even alias trading, which Qora boasts of, doesn't seem to be happening much. Why don't Qora whales buy some of the aliases to help the distribution a bit. It won't hurt their balance a lot, but it will get more people interested. If Qora whales don't do that quickly, NXT will beat Qora to it, as they will release the next client with alias transfer too. Oh and those who sell aliases, please put reasonable price tags on them Smiley Just some thoughts of a Qora thread lurker.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
time to get Qora listed on BTER
legendary
In fact I suggest you turn this into a marketing thing. have a competition for a few weeks for people to make a video.

I'm not in charge. I'm doing my best, but I'm not in charge. So either you or anyone else is totally welcome to do a marketing thing out of anything you want. Just make an announcement, decide an amount of a reward and if there's not enough coins in the marketing fund just gather more money.
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Re: "No one ever buys cryptocoins with the intention of never selling them, ever. I think we can agree on that."

It depends on what you mean by word "sell". If it's exchanging for $ with different rate then I disagree.
Some people will buy NXT coins just to issue assets. Some people will buy them just to prepay for secure messaging.
Some to be able to regularly publish something (WikiLeaks).

It's interesting to be able to prepay for some services that I know I will consume in the future.
It would be nice if I could prepay for water, food, gas, electricity, taxes to avoid future price hikes, but I can't because providers of these services never take obligation of future delivery disregarding price in $ (X gallons of water or X gallons of gas, or X pieces of bread, e.t.c.). Even internet service providers store prepaid balance in $ instead of months or gigabytes.
With coins I can actually prepay for something and never exchange them back to $.
The only thing that can disrupt my prepaid services is existence of QORA coin network.

It's nice to see someone actually absorbed what I said and the gears in their brain are actually turning to produce a response.

You are mostly right. But I didn't say buying into an IPO is a loan, I did say that mechanically they are the same. I guess maybe I needed to be more specific and say a "crypto IPO"? You are correct in that in essence it is a sale in its most basic sense. But this sale is made with the intention of returning these coins to the market. Correct?

No one ever buys cryptocoins with the intention of never selling them, ever. I think we can agree on that.
If you buy into cryptocoins with the intention of selling them at a later point, again, I stand by what I said, that is the same as loan. You are "loaning" your money to the market or an investor with the intention of making that money back with interest in the future. Whether your funds go to one party (developer) and are returned through another (market) makes no difference in this argument.

stop talking to yourself. Grin

Good eye ! loz

Welcome to SockPuppetPaloooza 2014 !
legendary
all the major videos for coins were done on sites like this

Wrong

Why would you decide for the whole community

Because I do that stuff for living and you don't see difference between two videos you gave links to.
This one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo is a professional video with original illustrations made by professional illustrator specifically for that job.
This one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCqf2jkJY8 is a copy/paste crap made on a lame service.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Re: "No one ever buys cryptocoins with the intention of never selling them, ever. I think we can agree on that."

It depends on what you mean by word "sell". If it's exchanging for $ with different rate then I disagree.
Some people will buy NXT coins just to issue assets. Some people will buy them just to prepay for secure messaging.

It's interesting to be able to prepay for some services that I know I will consume in the future.
It would be nice if I could prepay for water, food, gas, electricity, taxes to avoid future price hikes, but I can't because providers of these services never take obligation of future delivery disregarding price in $ (X gallons of water or X gallons of gas, or X pieces of bread, e.t.c.). Even internet service providers store prepaid balance in $ instead of months or gigabytes.
With coins I can actually prepay for something and never exchange them back to $.
The only thing that can disrupt my prepaid services is existence of QORA coin network.

It's nice to see someone actually absorbed what I said and the gears in their brain are actually turning to produce a response.

You are mostly right. But I didn't say buying into an IPO is a loan, I did say that mechanically they are the same. I guess maybe I needed to be more specific and say a "crypto IPO"? You are correct in that in essence it is a sale in its most basic sense. But this sale is made with the intention of returning these coins to the market. Correct?

No one ever buys cryptocoins with the intention of never selling them, ever. I think we can agree on that.
If you buy into cryptocoins with the intention of selling them at a later point, again, I stand by what I said, that is the same as loan. You are "loaning" your money to the market or an investor with the intention of making that money back with interest in the future. Whether your funds go to one party (developer) and are returned through another (market) makes no difference in this argument.

stop talking to yourself. Grin
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

legendary
Just so you know there are lots of websites that will help even an amateur make a pro looking info video.

I just did a search, first one was this but ai think there are a few. I wouldn't cut and paste your own images it looks crap.

http://wideo.co

Nah, we're good.

all the major videos for coins were done on sites like this, if you cut and paste stuff it will look unprofessional.

Why would you decide for the whole community to purposely make something that looked crap?

With a bit of time anyone can make something like this below. Why would anyone choose to do a cut and paste job???

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

In fact I suggest you turn this into a marketing thing. have a competition for a few weeks for people to make a video. Give a list of information that ideally will be in the video. Create a thread and give a bounty to the winner. A lot can be done even if you never made a video in your whole life with sites like Wideo.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCqf2jkJY8
legendary
Just so you know there are lots of websites that will help even an amateur make a pro looking info video.

I just did a search, first one was this but ai think there are a few. I wouldn't cut and paste your own images it looks crap.

Nah, we're good.
legendary
Anyone else wonder why other much lesser coins have more interest than Qora? Exocoin has quite a bit more action on its thread but they don't even have a beta yet and to honest it looks like a scam to me.
Activity: 812
I have 500k...wanted to buy some more too  Cool

(well, as long as poloniex doesn't scam me  Undecided )
legendary
Almost a day keep the wallet online as blocks, it is still not generated. Sad
What I do not like this?

1, make sure it is unlocked
2, make sure u have enough Qora
1.+
2. Enough is how much?

Still no PoS info forth coming. But, I guess you'll have to have at least 500k before you see any PoS blocks come your way.

The algorithm includes an element of luck/Random just like mining so it should be better than NXT in terms of only getting blocks if you have a big balance.
legendary

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
What I do not like this?

1.+
2. Enough is how much?

Still no PoS info forth coming. But, I guess you'll have to have at least 500k before you see any PoS blocks come your way.
Sad
legendary
Activity: 1736
What I do not like this?

1.+
2. Enough is how much?

Activity: 149
What I do not like this?

1.+
2. Enough is how much?
Activity: 144
Activity: 966
Merit: 501