Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 438. (Read 748234 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

"Additionally there will be a fee of 0.02BTC or 0.9% which ever is greater."

The fees have been corrected.

I believe that the ability to send the coins by name would be very helpful. This will give other people your nice and a short address to which they can send coins. However, you should consider protection from naming coinciding with qora-address.

I will not be able to include this before the release.
Implementing it should not take long so it could be available in the first update.

Yeah, there's probably a misunderstanding. But still what the hell is "decentrilized" community? Is that a bunch of people who have no idea what to do, going to different directions in a dark? Some sort of centalization is necessary. Otherwise we'll end up not very well.

I feel centralized development is necessary to make sure the client keeps evolving in a steady pace.
I will not create any foundation or do any marketing in the early stages.
I do think there should be a non-profit organization which goal is purely to develop Qora including mobile wallets and light clients.
Having all these applications under one organization would be a huge advantage in attracting outsiders new to cryptocurrency.
There is still lots to do until we get to that stage.
For me the best marketing at this point is being able to provide new features at a steady pace.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Here is the document of all the IPO transactions and the distribution.
I haven't checked every transaction yet but there shouldn't be any mistakes in this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P_SE9VBAcmuTjmHU-OJVoc7rns-iDVlsMvhnfS2QgJE/edit?usp=sharing

So , what is the name used for ?
I have not a clearly known of the function of the name. Can anyone explain more clearly?

A name is just a key-value pair.
The text value can be used for many things URLs, addresses, email addresses.
The community should decide how they want to use it.
OK, I see.
BTW, is there any foundation about qora ?

foundation?
I mean a foundation to promote qora, such as build website , forum, free give away, third party service....

Having a foundation in a decentralized economy , that is generally bad.
Just look in the past what happen with btc and what is happening now with other coins and their "foundation"
are you high?  Smiley

Do you have a clue how much damage the bitcoin foundation has done to btc lately?
Lots of papers compared it to a failed government made out of drug dealers and gamblers.

Whenever there is a central point in a crypto , there is a weakness.

But of course , with your post stats , I doubt you know anything about those events.

There are some crossed lines probably due to language here and just attacking people isn't the general way to communicate.

I don't think anyone here is talking about some kind of centralized group or 'foundation' we are just talking about organizing the community just like most coins do, ie website, PR etc...

I do personally think we should wait to hear the direction the Developer wants the community to move in though and how much he wants the community to take on....but that's a separate issue.  

Yeah, there's probably a misunderstanding. But still what the hell is "decentrilized" community? Is that a bunch of people who have no idea what to do, going to different directions in a dark? Some sort of centalization is necessary. Otherwise we'll end up not very well.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I believe that the ability to send the coins by name would be very helpful. This will give other people your nice and a short address to which they can send coins. However, you should consider protection from naming coinciding with qora-address.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
I haven't checked every transaction yet but there shouldn't be any mistakes in this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P_SE9VBAcmuTjmHU-OJVoc7rns-iDVlsMvhnfS2QgJE/edit?usp=sharing

I have not a clearly known of the function of the name. Can anyone explain more clearly?

OK, I see.

foundation?
I mean a foundation to promote qora, such as build website , forum, free give away, third party service....

Just look in the past what happen with btc and what is happening now with other coins and their "foundation"
are you high?  Smiley

Do you have a clue how much damage the bitcoin foundation has done to btc lately?
Lots of papers compared it to a failed government made out of drug dealers and gamblers.

But of course , with your post stats , I doubt you know anything about those events.
So we need a strong community just like the nxt community.
Now the community is just a rudiment.

legendary
Activity: 1106

OK, I see.

foundation?

are you high?  Smiley

There are some crossed lines probably due to language here and just attacking people isn't the general way to communicate.

I don't think anyone here is talking about some kind of centralized group or 'foundation' we are just talking about organizing the community just like most coins do, ie website, PR etc...

I do personally think we should wait to hear the direction the Developer wants the community to move in though and how much he wants the community to take on....but that's a separate issue.  
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Well F it, completely missed this.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

OK, I see.

foundation?

are you high?  Smiley

Activity: 368

OK, I see.

foundation?

OK, maybe a strong community is better.

yes,very good.

OK, I see.

foundation?

OK, maybe a strong community is better.

legendary

OK, I see.

foundation?

are you high?  Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

OK, I see.

foundation?

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
wait for launch, 3 days left
legendary

OK, I see.

foundation?

The developer is planning a website.

Seems to me we should wait till people get coins before any organizing starts.

Not necesseraly. We could start right now. I'd say we need to form a marketing fund and find someone to manage it. Also this person should be rewarded somehow. Probably 3-5% of the fund or something like that.

As for development it's totally up to Qora. It could go either way.
legendary
how to get coins? i can't add the link to my signature

Looked through his posts. Just another one chinese sockpuppet posting meaninless stuff in order to raise Activity.
legendary

OK, I see.

foundation?

The developer is planning a website.

Seems to me we should wait till people get coins before any organizing starts.
legendary

OK, I see.

foundation?

Nothing like that by now. But there's no stopping us from creating one. As far as I know Qora himself is building a website I designed. Not sure we need a forum at thing point. This thread doesn't seem overcrowded. We can discuss all ideas here.

OK, I see.

foundation?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
how to get coins? i can't add the link to my signature
legendary
I was looking at what NXT asset exchange is doing and quite honestly I'm impressed.

http://www.nxtcommunity.org/nxt-asset-exchange

Clearly 2nd generation currencies are pushing things way past just Bitcoin and we are potentially looking at the birth of a new financial system.

Ok with that said I know its an awkward time to ask and I can see Qora developers are not the kind who knock other developments and boast and hype their own development. But I would love to here what Qora brings to the table that NXT doesn't. I want to know what makes it superior/different to NXT even if its in terms of implementation or future proofing.

This will give supporters on this forum ammunition to engage meaningfully with others especially in terms of other 2nd gen systems.

*NO HURRY TO ANSWER, I'M SURE THIS IS GONNA BE A BUSY WEEK FOR YOU. 
legendary
No,I think Anon's fee-maximum amount is 0.02btc.

There are mistakes with fees. Anon's fee is 0.02 btc or 0.9% which ever is greater. So for large amounts it'll be bigger. For example for 3.02 btc it's 0,02718 btc.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6086813

"Additionally there will be a fee of 0.02BTC or 0.9% which ever is greater."
Jump to: