Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 446. (Read 748234 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I haven't seen a NXT client I liked. Maybe because NXT has so many features it seems cluttered. For 90% of people 90% of the time they just want to look at a simple payment page and other stuff should be hidden behind tabs and menus etc imo.

Qora could have the same issue at some point as features are added.

I think about apple software like Final Cut X is a good example of lots of features buried in menus and a clean simple GUI on the front.  So NXT and even Wesleyh GUI is not a great example of how to do things. Most people don't like complicated in money imo.

Simplicity in sending payments is what has attracted to people actually using Bitcoin I think in these days of hassle with banking online and generally.

Totally agree. Also dgex for Qora&eXo might be good for the starting steps

Yeah I like the idea of having one dedicated exchange, so many exchanges these days the value is all spread around and I think pumps are more likely. You got to have the volume if people who want to sell want to sell without crashing an exchange. 6 months ago it would be ok but these days I cant even keep up with the number of new exchanges. None of them particularly safe. Plus Qora would just be another shit coin bought and sold alongside piggy coin and tittie coin....its not ideal...Qora needs to have distinction from other coins at least be with the other 2nd gens on DGEX.

I wonder if Qora could get on DGEX or any exchange easily due to compatibility?
legendary
Activity: 1120
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
why not publish the wallet directly?

confused threads?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
I haven't seen a NXT client I liked. Maybe because NXT has so many features it seems cluttered. For 90% of people 90% of the time they just want to look at a simple payment page and other stuff should be hidden behind tabs and menus etc imo.

I think about apple software like Final Cut X is a good example of lots of features buried in menus and a clean simple GUI on the front.  So NXT and even Wesleyh GUI is not a great example of how to do things. Most people don't like complicated in money imo.

Simplicity in sending payments is what has attracted to people actually using Bitcoin I think in these days of hassle with banking online and generally.

Totally agree. Also dgex for Qora&eXo might be good for the starting steps
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
why not publish the wallet directly?
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
DEV, you great.
BTC+NXT=qora. Cheesy
btc+nxt+qora=exo 
legendary
At this point I prefer developing the core and features instead of developing the GUI.

I couldn't agree more. Actually I like OS client design. It's super clean and simple with 100% usability. Any custom design should be at least as good as OS design, otherwise it'll be just meaningless gradients and nice buttons.

I was surprised why I used my first Bitcoin wallet and found it looked like software I was using a few years ago on XP. But I think some people kind of like that. Sometimes a really polished 'cool' website and design can actually put people off. Number 1 priority people want functionality and simplicity. Examples include Reddit, Drudge Report and DGEX exchange. Good design has to have synergy with the client in the end.  

Dgex is perfect example. First impression is - wtf, welcome back to 90s, but as soon as I started using it I loved it. Bter (especially new is making my eyes bleeding), Dgex is super cool.

Btc-e is fine also. No design for the sake of design, just functionality.

Qora client screenshots didn't impress me also, but when I installed it I loved it.
legendary
At this point I prefer developing the core and features instead of developing the GUI.

I couldn't agree more. Actually I like OS client design. It's super clean and simple with 100% usability. Any custom design should be at least as good as OS design, otherwise it'll be just meaningless gradients and nice buttons.

I was surprised why I used my first Bitcoin wallet and found it looked like software I was using a few years ago on XP. But I think some people kind of like that. Sometimes a really polished 'cool' website and design can actually put people off. Number 1 priority people want functionality and simplicity. Examples include Reddit, Drudge Report and DGEX exchange. Good design has to have synergy with the client in the end. 
legendary

legendary

Looks good. I wonder how easy it would be to implement though?

Would be great if the client could have this design from the start.

I hope we can have a wallet that opens very simply like Bitcoin wallets do, and not the NXT way of having a web-browser wallet.

Creating a custom design takes a lot of time if you want to make it work properly with java swing.

dzarmush's draft looks like a good start...well done. Something along the lines of wesleyh's nxt client (1.0.0) would be ideal imo...it's scalable and looks really sharp. Maybe we could attract wesleyh to qora for his next project? - the client will come once the core is developed, it's good to know qora is focused on that.

I think Wesleyh's Nxt client is too bulky for a desktop app, we'd need something different. But assuming that he did such a great job with a web-client I agree that he could do something maybe absolutely different but equally great for Qura.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I hope we can have a wallet that opens very simply like Bitcoin wallets do, and not the NXT way of having a web-browser wallet.

Creating a custom design takes a lot of time if you want to make it work properly with java swing.

dzarmush's draft looks like a good start...well done. Something along the lines of wesleyh's nxt client (1.0.0) would be ideal imo...it's scalable and looks really sharp. Maybe we could attract wesleyh to qora for his next project? - the client will come once the core is developed, it's good to know qora is focused on that.

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

I have been waiting for the arrival of the 16th day, with your QORA witnessed the historic moment, I have been your loyal supporters. I wait for you in 16, this will be the strongest for those who ridicule you. I ipo you I don't regret it. Because I agree with you. Tongue Tongue Grin Grin Grin
legendary
I just saw people here always saying Qora should be more than 100 sat after launch.
But I think this is not a good sign, especially Qora is just going to launch with some important function uncompleted. This is not a healthy way.
I suggest people should take things easy, be patient.

Sure, +1

Frankly I don't understand what does it mean. What are you suggesting? The main thought was that it would be great to set some bounties for development and promotion and spread coins that way, but don't sell coins cheap and the price of 100 sat has been named as the right starting price coz Qora has a huge potential.
Activity: 422
I just saw people here always saying Qora should be more than 100 sat after launch.
But I think this is not a good sign, especially Qora is just going to launch with some important function uncompleted. This is not a healthy way.

Sure, +1
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
DEV, you great.
BTC+NXT=qora. Cheesy
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Exactly, not so many people are caring about GUI. Core features are much more important.
legendary

Activity: 322
Activity: 422

For 2 what if you were able to have initiate a buy/sell order via a exchange API that services both coins?

The problem is verifying on both cryptocurrencies that the exchange took place without having to download the whole blockchain of both cryptocurrencies.

About the GUI, I think you can let other people do.
Jump to: