Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 90. (Read 748232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Buy wall now!
The Price says it's Qora worth!
Come on!

sorry you have the wrong coin. they don't like enthusiasm on this coin they save it for the pump and dump scam coins they are involved in. This coin is dying on the vine cause of a few stupid ideas about closed source. I would say it's officially dead now. Not one person made a comment on chat with the release of AE.

I'm joining the pumpers, no action here.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Buy wall now!
Come on!

sorry you have the wrong coin. they don't like enthusiasm on this coin they save it for the pump and dump scam coins they are involved in. This coin is dying on the vine cause of a few stupid ideas about closed source. I would say it's officially dead now. Not one person made a comment on chat with the release of AE.

I'm joining the pumpers, no action here.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Buy wall now!
Come on!
Blocks loading slowly this version...anyone else having this happen? Maybe some nodes offline?
yes, it's a bit slower...otherwise working well!  Smiley
My nodes works very good.

Turned out to be a personal network problem...I changed computers and blocks loaded like a beast, as QORA is!!! Everything is tidy in the v14 for now.

Thanks Qora! Keep up the progress. Qora is steady and still has the silver linings of a reworked wallet and OS to look forward to. The timing will be good to, a few months when the hype, hype of many second gen coins and clones pass (eXo, NEM, eMun, BTCD and other darks, ether, etc)...Qora remains under the radar with lots of ammo and with steady development as the past has shown, lots to look forward to.

Do your thing Qora...keep up the goods. Thanks!!!

anyone know how Qora compares to Bitsharesx in terms of function?
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Blocks loading slowly this version...anyone else having this happen? Maybe some nodes offline?
yes, it's a bit slower...otherwise working well!  Smiley

Turned out to be a personal network problem...I changed computers and blocks loaded like a beast, as QORA is!!! Everything is tidy in the v14 for now.

Thanks Qora! Keep up the progress. Qora is steady and still has the silver linings of a reworked wallet and OS to look forward to. The timing will be good to, a few months when the hype, hype of many second gen coins and clones pass (eXo, NEM, eMun, BTCD and other darks, ether, etc)...Qora remains under the radar with lots of ammo and with steady development as the past has shown, lots to look forward to.

Do your thing Qora...keep up the goods. Thanks!!!
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
yes, it's a bit slower...otherwise working well!  Smiley
Activity: 502
yes, it's a bit slower...otherwise working well!  Smiley
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
A good invention can not be hidden.
We need more people own Qora.
Advertise now!

Great job just upgraded.

I am going to email Bittrex and see if they would like to add us. I suspect there is a 3BTC listing fee.

There has been a lot of negativity recently on this forum about Bittrex because it has accepted so many scam coins recently. Why have we not requested to be on other bigger exchanges like Mintpal and Cryptsy?
Great job just upgraded.

I am going to email Bittrex and see if they would like to add us. I suspect there is a 3BTC listing fee.

There has been a lot of negativity recently on this forum about Bittrex because it has accepted so many scam coins recently. Why have we not requested to be on other bigger exchanges like Mintpal and Cryptsy?
Activity: 585
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
How is qora going.i haven't surf the internet for a long time.

V14 was released. check last page.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
How is qora going.i haven't surf the internet for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Great job just upgraded.

Activity: 74
Ora isn't cloning Qora anymore

It's official!

The Ora team has decided to reject cloning Qora as a candidate solution for Ora.  As we have delved deeper into what kind of currency Ora will be, and gathered requirements from the project stakeholders (including everyone active in the forums), the direction we want to take Ora will be better served by eliminating Qora from the candidate solutions pool.  Instead Ora will strike out in a different direction.  This should be no surprise to many of you who have followed Ora since the beginning.  The project documents for Ora were created in anticipation of this contingency.  In fact, it has been our intent to remain loosely coupled to what coin, if any, we would ultimately clone. 

This decision opens up a multitude of new possibilities for Ora, but the greatest relief is it unshackles Ora from waiting on some other coin's months-long open source release, and the subsequent waiting period during which the open-sourced code is vetted, a process which by itself may take months of distribution to reveal errors and weaknesses.

Because we have anticipated this risk from the beginning, and even codified this into our founding documents, we have lost no momentum whatsoever.

Stay tuned for more information in the next few weeks as we continue updating our investigation into Ora's business requirements.

kind regards,
nio

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8515196

Either way, Ora is only a clone.
Activity: 544
Ora isn't cloning Qora anymore

It's official!

The Ora team has decided to reject cloning Qora as a candidate solution for Ora.  As we have delved deeper into what kind of currency Ora will be, and gathered requirements from the project stakeholders (including everyone active in the forums), the direction we want to take Ora will be better served by eliminating Qora from the candidate solutions pool.  Instead Ora will strike out in a different direction.  This should be no surprise to many of you who have followed Ora since the beginning.  The project documents for Ora were created in anticipation of this contingency.  In fact, it has been our intent to remain loosely coupled to what coin, if any, we would ultimately clone. 

This decision opens up a multitude of new possibilities for Ora, but the greatest relief is it unshackles Ora from waiting on some other coin's months-long open source release, and the subsequent waiting period during which the open-sourced code is vetted, a process which by itself may take months of distribution to reveal errors and weaknesses.

Because we have anticipated this risk from the beginning, and even codified this into our founding documents, we have lost no momentum whatsoever.

Stay tuned for more information in the next few weeks as we continue updating our investigation into Ora's business requirements.

kind regards,
nio

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8515196
Activity: 74
Version 14 is now available.

https://mega.co.nz/#!DphEgZqS!LlfKXia9P3I1S-GNN6tOQjVXWiBpgV45FG7oBrjjwDM
MD5: 3C02051DC3553950F907BBAD33DADC28
SHA-1: 613C484FCADEA96C7619747BB3867538DAB6F56B

If you would like to run Qora without the command line window you can use the Qora.exe file.
Place this file in the V14 Qora folder and run it instead of the run.bat. (windows only)
https://mega.co.nz/#!fwpl1CDK!sLQ7hSa1O9L6o6CSEEM9lEqsMPJMDp5jiqt4_6tStJw
MD5: 5BA6FEB0E32A599ADFF887DE68EC8688
SHA-1: 2ADBF547EFB65E7D8BFDA0B23CD7427883AA9BD7

Please download the applications from the original post and not from a quote.

• Added the core for assets. Assets will unlock on 8 September 5PM GMT. The version with the GUI will be released before 8 September.
  • Upgraded the database. You are now able to see all the rows in a table instead of the last 50. You can no longer sort on every row in a table. You will have to delete all your data files.
  • Fixed the 'rpcallowed' setting.
  • The wallet will now automaticly resynchronize with the blockchain.

This is mostly an experimental version. Just to see it it works somewhat stable as much of the core has been reworked.
If this version seems useable I will add the upgrade warning.
You will have to delete both your data and wallet folders and recreate your wallet to use this version.

Thanks for your job. Keep supporting QORA.
Activity: 334

If you would like to run Qora without the command line window you can use the Qora.exe file.
Place this file in the V14 Qora folder and run it instead of the run.bat. (windows only)

• Added the core for assets. Assets will unlock on 8 September 5PM GMT. The version with the GUI will be released before 8 September.
  • Upgraded the database. You are now able to see all the rows in a table instead of the last 50. You can no longer sort on every row in a table. You will have to delete all your data files.

This is mostly an experimental version. Just to see it it works somewhat stable as much of the core has been reworked.
You will have to delete both your data and wallet folders and recreate your wallet to use this version.

Thanks dev.
legendary
Activity: 1036

Thank you boss!
Activity: 378

Great Smiley

But if this is an experimental version, is it generally recommended that people run it, or stick to the previous version for now? If the latter - perhaps the first post should link to both the previous stable and new experimental versions.

Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Pages:
Jump to: