Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger - page 26. (Read 186351 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 128
"Setting the stage for Mainnet" on Medium by Adam, our Marketing Manager, discusses:
- new website
- mining pool integration
- newest exchange listing
- our upcoming attendance of APACBlockchain18

Friday's QRL Update
- Node: NTP server configuration
- Mining Pool: Docker cont + config + mining + payment
- Qryptonight: Endianess changes (matching Monero)
- Ledger: U2F tunnel prototype code worked out
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
1. will you support pools with GPU mining?

Yes GPU mining will be supported.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Monday's $QRL Update:
- Node: Improve OTS counter
- Node: Improve Public API. Better errors, caching, etc.
- qrllib: Descriptor extended to 3 bytes
- Wallet: New addresses
- Ledger: WOTS/XMSS generation + USB API
Activity: 14
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I know we don't update this thread as much as people would like to see, however, we have entered the final weeks of development with only a few more things left to do:

• Token migration web app (complete!)
  • Completion of website refresh (designed!)
  • QRL Address to new address format (on devnet, live testnet 21st February)
  • Ledger Nano S WebWallet integration (in progress)
  • Mining API and Pool integration (basic functionality achieved)
  • Code freeze/internal review (pending final hard fork stability)
  • Token Migration
  • External audit

More can be read at: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/the-final-countdown-mainnet-progress-update-e8c6a4597525

It's nice to see solid developments from a coin with strong tech. I really like QRL but from a trading perspective it is not that enticing. The tech is great but it seems unnecessary for the near future. With all of the other opportunities in the space right, it's hard to justify buying this coin when there are so many others that have the potential to grow much faster.

Hey, John! Two things: firstly, I find QRL a particularly good instrument to trade! It settles into nice little 'plateaus.' Secondly, IndiaMikeZulu -- the alliance I work with -- works on the notion of a 'rolling portfolio.' No long-timers pretend that they only own one crypto. So, if you feel QRL has a future, you take little bits of profit from other trading, and slip those in on the low side of the QRL market; pick up little packets; and withdraw those to your 'vault.'  Nice insurance policy!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 511
https://twitter.com/QRLedger/status/970093429916164096
We're proud to be a Block Sponsor of #APACBlockchain18 - only 10 days away!

Some of our plans for the conference
- Panel on Day 1
- Do informal supporter meetup (pending numbers)
- Meet with interested parties to discuss future business
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
I know we don't update this thread as much as people would like to see, however, we have entered the final weeks of development with only a few more things left to do:

• Token Migration
  • External audit

More can be read at: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/the-final-countdown-mainnet-progress-update-e8c6a4597525

It's nice to see solid developments from a coin with strong tech. I really like QRL but from a trading perspective it is not that enticing. The tech is great but it seems unnecessary for the near future. With all of the other opportunities in the space right, it's hard to justify buying this coin when there are so many others that have the potential to grow much faster.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101

• Token Migration
  • External audit

Thanks for the info. Got some of these and with the price going so low may pick up some more Smiley
Activity: 56
Why there are so few active comunity here ?

Not enougth communications , news ...

what do you think about it ? Undecided

I wouldn't judge this one bitcointalk announcement thread as the whole active community, check and join the QRL Discord. There are many active community members there.

Okay thank you for your answer i will see.

They must to make more communication on another platforms not just only principaly on the closed QRL Discord ,

Hope tha twill change.

Thank you.
copper member
Activity: 49
What will be the transaction speed and fees price?

Block time is set to 60 seconds and any transactions I've seen on testnet have gone through in that time.

Fees can be whatever you want but it's a bit like ETH, higher fees will give you a higher position in unconfirmed transactions.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
What will be the transaction speed and fees price?
copper member
Nexus claims to be quantum resistant. What's the difference in there approach and QRLs?

The answer from Elliott should hopefully be insightful when looking at Nexus: https://www.reddit.com/r/QRL/comments/7ovq81/i_see_a_lot_of_people_pushing_nexus_as_the/

Nexus claims to be quantum resistant by using one-time-use ECDSA keys, where the hash of the next public key is specified in the transaction you are trying to complete.

This, in theory, makes it impossible to crack the private key of the next transaction because it is hard to find what public key (need to know public key to get private key) hashes to the correct value.

However, when I sign a transaction and reveal the public key for this transaction, I am also (by virtue of quantum computing) revealing my private key. Simultaneously.

QRL is different in that we use XMSS which has minimal security assumptions due to its reliance on hashes.
copper member

• Token Migration
  • External audit

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

I wouldn't judge this one bitcointalk announcement thread as the whole active community, check and join the QRL Discord. There are many active community members there.
IMZ
legendary

We are between the excitement of the ICO and the excitement of the mainnet. Good time to work in the community. Good time to trade the token.

IndiaMikeZulu, Australia
Activity: 682
Merit: 540
Nexus claims to be quantum resistant. What's the difference in there approach and QRLs?
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
Is there any question of a KYC for converting our QRL tokens? (It's happening at another Eth-token project, and a lot of folks aren't happy about it -- sure not me!)

Actually? I sincerely hope not we have already acquired the tokens that would be egregious imo.

Just a quite thread, it doesn't mean anything bad. It has only been 60 pages in over a year, that is small fwiw. We should be getting some news pretty soon on Mainnet though it is incoming soon, same with POS blockchain.
Activity: 56

IMZ
legendary
Is there any question of a KYC for converting our QRL tokens? (It's happening at another Eth-token project, and a lot of folks aren't happy about it -- sure not me!)
Pages:
Jump to: