Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [QTZ] Quartz - SHA - hiPOS! - page 7. (Read 26632 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
April 29, 2015, 03:46:28 PM
^^

Serioulsy??!?
Can you run the quartz on Raspberry Pi? :O
I dident even know this is possible. Can you do the same with bitcoin-core?
It must be like the safest and cheapest wallet ever Smiley

its a common practice you can run however it depends on the memory and CPU speed. i would recomed to use some external HDD with the pi and move your file system to it otherwise your SD card would get screwed in couple of weeks depending on the volume of read/write on it due to transactions or stacking purposes

I doubt that this is such a big issue. It might not break in a month or perhaps not even in 6 months. Even if it breaks every month, the Pi runs at 5W of electricity compared to 300W for a normal PC at idle. The electricity savings in a month would more than make up for a new 8GB card if you replace one every month (which is highly unlikely).

You can make an image of your SD card with win32diskimager and if anything ever becomes corrupted you just restore the image to a new card and carry on where you left off.

agreed with you but subject to if we run only one daemon on it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
April 29, 2015, 03:02:37 PM
^^

Serioulsy??!?

its a common practice you can run however it depends on the memory and CPU speed. i would recomed to use some external HDD with the pi and move your file system to it otherwise your SD card would get screwed in couple of weeks depending on the volume of read/write on it due to transactions or stacking purposes

I doubt that this is such a big issue. It might not break in a month or perhaps not even in 6 months. Even if it breaks every month, the Pi runs at 5W of electricity compared to 300W for a normal PC at idle. The electricity savings in a month would more than make up for a new 8GB card if you replace one every month (which is highly unlikely).

You can make an image of your SD card with win32diskimager and if anything ever becomes corrupted you just restore the image to a new card and carry on where you left off.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
April 29, 2015, 02:59:34 PM
I would have thought QTZ would have made it to trex before dox, QTZ has a great wallet and awesome early pos stage. I haven't read much of the thread yet.

I'm concerned about the big drop to 1% pos after block 11k,  but if updates/releases start happening before the end of the good pos blocks then it could maintain pretty good.

cheers and glad to be a board
legendary
Activity: 1162
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
April 29, 2015, 02:29:21 PM
^^

Serioulsy??!?

Activity: 495
Merit: 500
April 29, 2015, 11:45:45 AM
Wow network weight is pretty big right now, must be alot of people getting on board
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
April 29, 2015, 11:29:58 AM
The most strong stone come now in the trade market with strong options of services provided worth to try it ! ....😊
legendary
Activity: 952
April 29, 2015, 11:24:52 AM
Here are Raspberry Pi wallets for v1.0.0.0 - both the Qt and the headless daemon.

Important:
1) The wallet was built on a Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian. It might work on an older Pi but I have not tested it
2) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/Quartz or /home/pi/opt/Quartz
3) All that is needed is to execute the command below on your Pi in a terminal window and afterwards you click on the Quartz icon on the desktop
4) An Internet connection is required for the installation
5) A bootstrap.dat is used to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 6809
6) You need at least an 8GB memory card
7) The installation itself takes about 30-45min and the loading of the blockchain (once-off) another few minutes since it is still small
8.)You cannot just download the binaries, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run
9) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the port you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers.

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

To kickstart the installation execute the following command at the command prompt or in a terminal window:
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/quartz/downloads/quartz_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x quartz_installation_pi.sh && ./quartz_installation_pi.sh && rm -f quartz_installation_pi.sh

Direct links:
Link to installation script
Link to Quartz-qt
Link to Quartzd
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 6809
Link to checksums.txt

If you like this, you are welcome to donate Quartz to RC54Sv23rUZsyhZndJvrcPCK1vXnZ1FZ4o

This is really cool.  Thank You.  Grin
legendary
April 29, 2015, 11:24:27 AM
Maybe we should reach out to iGotSpots to see if he would add Quartz to his gorillastake project.

http://www.gorillastake.com/
Activity: 490
Captain
April 29, 2015, 11:19:51 AM
^^

Serioulsy??!?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
April 29, 2015, 11:04:38 AM
Here are Raspberry Pi wallets for v1.0.0.0 - both the Qt and the headless daemon.

Important:
1) The wallet was built on a Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian. It might work on an older Pi but I have not tested it
2) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/Quartz or /home/pi/opt/Quartz
3) All that is needed is to execute the command below on your Pi in a terminal window and afterwards you click on the Quartz icon on the desktop
4) An Internet connection is required for the installation
5) A bootstrap.dat is used to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 6809
6) You need at least an 8GB memory card
7) The installation itself takes about 30-45min and the loading of the blockchain (once-off) another few minutes since it is still small
8.)You cannot just download the binaries, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run
9) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the port you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers.

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

To kickstart the installation execute the following command at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi:
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/quartz/downloads/quartz_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x quartz_installation_pi.sh && ./quartz_installation_pi.sh && rm -f quartz_installation_pi.sh

Direct links:
Link to installation script
Link to Quartz-qt
Link to Quartzd
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 6809
Link to checksums.txt

If you like this, you are welcome to donate Quartz to RC54Sv23rUZsyhZndJvrcPCK1vXnZ1FZ4o
Activity: 994
Merit: 260
April 29, 2015, 05:03:14 AM
Bittrex exchange coming coming very soon  Roll Eyes It is I am

haters
April 29, 2015, 04:58:16 AM

We're excited to announce that we're nearly finished with the migration of our Block Explorer to CryptoBE.

Our new QuartzIO Explorer will offer lots of additional features and functionality for exploring the QuartzIO Blockchain.

Stay tuned! We'll be back shortly with the link to QuartzIO Explorer as well as other exciting news about upcoming roll outs and developments.

The QuartzIO Development Team

Very nice. Good to see you staying active here.

Yes, it looks good.

@Dev
I am very sorry if I called out "scam" earlier, it was only because of the dirty litecoin/quartz logo.
I did not do my home work, I was just assuming stuff.

I see that everythings start to be updated, and the new logo and color schemes looks good and much more original.
I understand now, that if you a small team (perhaps only 1 person?), then will you need to implement things in a prioritiezed order,
and logo should have lower priority than the technical stuff.

It's quite alright. Understandably people are on high alert these days because things like that do unfortunately happen.

We're keeping busy and staying on track. While we are a small team. We will be rolling out info on the team shortly, including a host of other information on the future of the QuartzIO platform.

Good things are coming everyone. We're excited to share these developments with you soon.  And of course in the meantime, feel free to post questions!

How many do people work in your team?
legendary
April 28, 2015, 09:07:54 PM
Please retweet for the big exchanges to take some notice.

https://twitter.com/wigitgetit/status/593218893075779584
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 28, 2015, 06:04:42 PM

We're excited to announce that we're nearly finished with the migration of our Block Explorer to CryptoBE.

Our new QuartzIO Explorer will offer lots of additional features and functionality for exploring the QuartzIO Blockchain.

Stay tuned! We'll be back shortly with the link to QuartzIO Explorer as well as other exciting news about upcoming roll outs and developments.

Yes, it looks good.

@Dev
I am very sorry if I called out "scam" earlier, it was only because of the dirty litecoin/quartz logo.

I see that everythings start to be updated, and the new logo and color schemes looks good and much more original.
I understand now, that if you a small team (perhaps only 1 person?), then will you need to implement things in a prioritiezed order,

It's quite alright. Understandably people are on high alert these days because things like that do unfortunately happen.

We're keeping busy and staying on track. While we are a small team. We will be rolling out info on the team shortly, including a host of other information on the future of the QuartzIO platform.

Good things are coming everyone. We're excited to share these developments with you soon.  And of course in the meantime, feel free to post questions!

Captain
April 28, 2015, 05:08:41 PM

Yes, it looks good.

@Dev

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 28, 2015, 04:24:43 PM

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 28, 2015, 02:45:25 PM

legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
April 28, 2015, 12:06:38 PM
my favorite type of quartz is amethyst
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
April 28, 2015, 11:58:47 AM
I like the dev of this coin whoever he is. He's taking his time to develop everything himself which shows his developmental chops. I also like that there is an active twitter and new graphics work being done to broaden adoption.

I expect some big things to happen soon, especially with some of the POS megablocks coming. Lets get this on Bittrex and then have Quartz_IO start doing graphics for the upcoming big POS blocks to be had.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
April 28, 2015, 11:28:17 AM

Dev,

Thank you for your response. Personally - I mined this coin. I held through the "questionable time" - my coins were either in C-CEX or were staked. I never sold any, because I wanted to hear from the Dev: And I made that clear. That I wanted others to look to see if this information was correct. It looked questionable, but I wanted other people to see for themselves, because I knew either I could be wrong, or the explorer could be wrong. I stated that multiple times.  

And I do appreciate the explanation; and I am sure the community does as well. It seems the price is holding up on C-CEX. I like many others last night was not able to withdraw my coins out of C-CEX due to C-CEX having server problems.

The coin is only a day or so old; it's holding it's price. Its staking well. The roll out and mining, transition process to POS, were all great. Dev, good job on all of that: sincerely!

I know it's already been pointed out-- but I was in no way attempting to mar the reputation of Quartz. I think we can all agree that in the world of Altcoins: We have all seen and/or been burned too many times by things such as what I stumbled across.

That said-- It did happen late at night, which is why I was very clear that "I could be wrong" - or "The Explorer Could be Wrong" - that it might just be incorrect information, which it seems to be the case.

Lets all put this behind us. I am still holding and staking... rewards go up to 500 soon! Let's let the Dev team get back on track to focusing on the development and future of QTZ.

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone, but I genuinely felt after discovering that page it was something, due to the timing, the previous post about 30,000 coins, and the information on the explorer-- that should be brought to the community's attention. But the explanation seems to add up-- and the coin didnt crash which says a LOT.

There was a small dump on C-CEX it looks like, but time stamps show it was well before my post, as in hours.

Again, thanks Dev. I myself, like everyone, are looking forward to the next 1000 rounds of POS and seeing what you have in store for QTZ.

Hopefully this can go back to being a positive thread. Smiley

Strato
Pages:
Jump to: