Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] RAVENBIT DIY Physical coins [SOLD OUT] - page 4. (Read 14843 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
February 20, 2014, 02:37:57 PM
I should get me a pair of those gloves. Where did you buy them?

Amazon: Lightweight Cotton Gloves.
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
February 20, 2014, 02:37:31 PM

Not sure where nicholas got his, but you can find them on Amazon for like $1 a pair. http://amzn.to/1jSYueU

Not sure if this works for you in The Netherlands, but if you look around you can most certainly find them for cheaper. Just search for White Cotton Gloves or White Handling Gloves.
February 20, 2014, 02:34:19 PM
Quick update on International Shipping (outside of the U.S.): International shipping is now a flat rate of $9 USD (currently no quantity limit) for USPS First Class Mail International. I hope this makes it more affordable for buyers outside of the U.S.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
February 20, 2014, 02:33:52 PM
February 20, 2014, 02:30:59 PM
So I finally came around to assemble my coins... I had not seen a picture of an assembled coin yet, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves... Smiley

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/McrSc

Great pictures! Thanks for posting.

I particularly like the formal white handling glove   Cheesy
February 20, 2014, 05:26:30 AM
So I finally came around to assemble my coins... I had not seen a picture of an assembled coin yet, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves... Smiley

Just beautiful!

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/McrSc
February 19, 2014, 11:56:05 AM
I'm auctioning off coin #0010 over in this auction thread

50% of the total sale will be donated to Liberty Humane Society animal shelter.

This is the first of 10 coins I will be auctioning off. Coin #1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 69 will also be up for auction in the near future. I will announce each auction post in this thread.
February 18, 2014, 04:03:23 AM
They might not be the prettiest in your eyes, but what you get is far more than a piece of metal inside of bubble wrap. They make an excellent gift! Would buy again for just that reason.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
February 17, 2014, 07:41:08 PM
If you don't like em, don't buy em. It's easy Wink
I won't and I'm not alone.
They have a awful design and are 10 cents worth of copper.
I would rather get a penny blank and DIY without a design.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
February 17, 2014, 01:57:57 PM
I would like to see some of my suggestions from page 2 be considered.
Especially the stickers for generic ebay casacius lookalikes(they look really nice and are only $7-$10)

Sorry, I don't have any plans to make stickers for coins other than my own. Thanks for the suggestions.

Then at least make your coins look better.(My other suggestion on page 2)
As far as I'm concerned your coins are very lackluster.
That is an invalid suggestion based upon your view of beauty. He doesn't have to improve his coins if he likes them.
Anyway, I disagree with you. Simply because I have two and they both look amazing and are quite shiny.

If you don't like em, don't buy em. It's easy Wink
February 17, 2014, 01:53:40 PM
Especially the stickers for generic ebay casacius lookalikes(they look really nice and are only $7-$10)

Sorry, I don't have any plans to make stickers for coins other than my own. Thanks for the suggestions.

Then at least make your coins look better.(My other suggestion on page 2)
As far as I'm concerned your coins are very lackluster.
February 16, 2014, 11:35:06 PM
I have received my package, so first of all thank you for that. After opening I noticed that there was a new piece of paper, so I took it out of the envelope and guess what, instructions! They are perfectly clear and very well written (I did laugh when I read burger stack). The coin itself seems to be less scratched on the back and I am very pleased with that. I was pleasantly surprised that you send the whole kit again, instead of just the coin.

Oh, just a quick side note. It might be smart to tape shut the open sides of the bubble wrap. The coin, the plastic casing and the stand slipped out of them and where just laying around in the envelope.

All in all, I am very happy and positive about my experience with you and the coin that I have received.

EDIT: Just found the Packing Slip with your friendly note on it. The coin is in better shape and I hope that this feedback post is appreciated as well. I have been talking (thus promoting) about your product to some people and I hope that your sales have increased because of that.

Glad you liked the instructions. I don't normally package everything flat like I did for your shipment (to save on international shipping), but I'll definitely keep that in mind for future shipments.

Thanks for spreading the word, I really appreciate it!
February 16, 2014, 11:32:29 PM

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
February 12, 2014, 05:09:12 PM
I have received my package, so first of all thank you for that. After opening I noticed that there was a new piece of paper, so I took it out of the envelope and guess what, instructions! They are perfectly clear and very well written (I did laugh when I read burger stack). The coin itself seems to be less scratched on the back and I am very pleased with that. I was pleasantly surprised that you send the whole kit again, instead of just the coin.

Oh, just a quick side note. It might be smart to tape shut the open sides of the bubble wrap. The coin, the plastic casing and the stand slipped out of them and where just laying around in the envelope.

All in all, I am very happy and positive about my experience with you and the coin that I have received.

EDIT: Just found the Packing Slip with your friendly note on it. The coin is in better shape and I hope that this feedback post is appreciated as well. I have been talking (thus promoting) about your product to some people and I hope that your sales have increased because of that.
Alright, sure. Sorry for the troubles. You are a great guy and I am glad that I bought something from you. Not many people would feel obliged to replace the coin. Wink

The merchant stated that the scratch situation will exist on all coins.
Don't expect the new coin to be perfect.

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
If you compare these two pictures you can see that the scratches were already on the coin. Just wanted to state that, because it's not my intention to rip you off. Picture 1. Picture 2.

Also, I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. I suck in making decisions.

I believe you and I don't think you're trying to rip me off. I'll just send you another coin.
Alright, sure. Sorry for the troubles. You are a great guy and I am glad that I bought something from you. Not many people would feel obliged to replace the coin. Wink
If you compare these two pictures you can see that the scratches were already on the coin. Just wanted to state that, because it's not my intention to rip you off. Picture 1. Picture 2.

I believe you and I don't think you're trying to rip me off. I'll just send you another coin.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
I want my customers to be satisfied with their purchase. Can you post a pic of the scratch -- just curious now
You sound like a great guy. I will try to get a picture of the scratch. Well it's not a real scratch, the whole surface seems to be scratched in the middle.

Edit: I gave you a +rep, because our transaction went without a problem ^^

I cleaned the coin with a special cloth before I took the pictures so the back is as clean as possible.
Click here for the back side of my coin
That is a valid concern. The order number is generated by Woocommerce, and did not start at Order #1. Order numbers are actually skipped over automatically - I haven't looked into why Woocommerce does this. Anyway, no you are not my 450th order (I wish  Wink)

As far as the coin number is concerned: No, it is not a returned coin (I have not had a coin returned yet). The reason why it is lower than  you probably expected, is because I had it packed and ready to be shipped to a customer. However, the customer wound up never paying through Coinbase and decided that he no longer wanted to go through with the order. So, the coin was packed away for more than a week, while other, higher number coins, were being shipped. You happened to be the next shipment when I found out the customer was no longer interested.

And as for the scratches on the back of the coin: I'm assuming the scratches are on the inset portion of the back that will be covered by the hologram. Unfortunately, the majority of the coins have some flaws on this portion of the coin, and I am attributing it to the fact that it is a very deep inset. I deemed that to be acceptable, since the intention is to have that portion of the coin covered with the labels/hologram. Also, these are not proof or proof-like coins, and I am told that a proof-like quality brass alloy is not really option for any mint, despite what they may say in their sales brochure.  In the future, I hope to rectify this by using silver or gold plating on any brass alloy coins.

If you want, I will gladly refund you the cost of the kit, and you can keep the coin. Or, I can send another coin out, at no cost to you (keeping in mind that there are flaws on the inset portion of most of the coins). Just let me know and thanks for the feedback.  Smiley
Ah, I see. Well that explains the order number story. I don't mind having a lower coin number, because they are usually worth more in perspective to the higher number coins.

About the scratches, yes they are on the back of the coin, right where you said that they most likely will be. You are now forcing me to make a though decision. I mean, you already gave me a discount (which I still appreciate) and I don't want to rip you off. But having a scratched coin is something I dislike. Decisions, decisions.

I want my customers to be satisfied with their purchase. Can you post a pic of the scratch -- just curious now
Pages:
Jump to: