Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] rhminer - an optimized CPU+GPU miner for PascalCoin - page 4. (Read 24485 times)

Activity: 564
Merit: 100
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers
1.3 doesn't detect any devices on windows (system with amd card)
rhminer is for nvidia devices only, no support yet for amd cards.

Isn't 1.3 CPU only? So it should not care about a GPU and just run regardless?
your bat file looks like this?
:start
  REM Mining on mine.pool.pascalpool.org with four CPU thread
  rhminer.exe -r 20 -s stratum+tcp://mine.pool.pascalpool.org:3333 -su ACCOUNT.0.WORKER/EMAIL -cpu -cputhreads 4
goto start

yup, the same, except it just exits without any message

rhminer -completelist
rhminer -list

also return nothing

1.2 runs fine, but its significantly slower

Mine is almost the same.  It looks exactly like this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
while true
do
./rhminer -r 40 -s mine.pool.pascalpool.org:3335 -su 1300300-41.0.xeon/[email protected] -cpu -cputhreads 24
sleep 5s
done

It has been running for 1-2 months and it's still running without crashing once.

I will consider switching back to Windows if it crashes.
Activity: 201

rhminer.exe -r 20 -s stratum+tcp://mine.pool.pascalpool.org:3333 -su ACCOUNT.0.WORKER/EMAIL -cpu -cputhreads 4
goto start

rhminer -completelist
rhminer -list

also return nothing

Maybe someone from the discord mining channel can help you - https://discord.gg/RVcEpF9
Activity: 473
Merit: 18

goto start

rhminer -completelist
rhminer -list

also return nothing

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
OK, I see I need v1.2 for GPU.

I'll give that a go.  Thanks very much.

goto start

Hi,

I'm new to all this but have got a a couple of old servers mining plus my desktop.  My problem is that rhminer is not finding my GPU.  I've checked it's supported and it is (GTX 770).

When I ran the rhminer -list command all I got was CPU information and when trying to run using the GPU I get a message something like -gpu is an invalid command.

Does the card require a specific driver version?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Smiley
What rhminer version are you using? rhminer 1.2 release works with gpu.You may want to check the discord for help on gpu mining.

I'm using v 1.3.

I'll take a look at the discord too.  Thanks.

1.3 is CPU only and you need the nvidia-cuda-toolkit installed under Linux for 1.2 to work.  I am not sure about Windows.  This is my old PC:

Code:
root@thebeast:~/rhminer# ./rhminer -list

rhminer v1.3 beta for CPU by polyminer1 (https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer)
  Build CPU Jan 11 2019 16:11:50

Donations : Pascal account 529692-23
  Donations : Bitcoin address 19GfXGpRJfwcHPx2Nf8wHgMps8Eat1o4Jp

List of gpus and cpus:
CPU  : Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.40GHz
root@thebeast:~/rhminer# hashcat -I
hashcat (v5.1.0) starting...

OpenCL Info:

Platform ID #1
  Vendor  : NVIDIA Corporation
  Name    : NVIDIA CUDA
  Version : OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 9.1.84

Device ID #1
    Type           : GPU
    Vendor ID      : 32
    Vendor         : NVIDIA Corporation
    Name           : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Version        : OpenCL 1.2 CUDA
    Processor(s)   : 28
    Clock          : 1670
    Memory         : 2793/11175 MB allocatable
    OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 1.2
    Driver Version : 390.87

Platform ID #2
  Vendor  : The pocl project
  Name    : Portable Computing Language
  Version : OpenCL 1.2 pocl 1.2 None+Asserts, LLVM 6.0.1, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG

Device ID #2
    Type           : CPU
    Vendor ID      : 128
    Vendor         : GenuineIntel
    Name           : pthread-Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.40GHz
    Version        : OpenCL 1.2 pocl HSTR: pthread-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-haswell
    Processor(s)   : 24
    Clock          : 2700
    Memory         : 8192/30030 MB allocatable
    OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 1.2 pocl
    Driver Version : 1.2

Hi,

I'm new to all this but have got a a couple of old servers mining plus my desktop.  My problem is that rhminer is not finding my GPU.  I've checked it's supported and it is (GTX 770).

When I ran the rhminer -list command all I got was CPU information and when trying to run using the GPU I get a message something like -gpu is an invalid command.

Does the card require a specific driver version?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Smiley
What rhminer version are you using? rhminer 1.2 release works with gpu.You may want to check the discord for help on gpu mining.

I'm using v 1.3.

I'll take a look at the discord too.  Thanks.
Hi,

What rhminer version are you using? rhminer 1.2 release works with gpu.You may want to check the discord for help on gpu mining. But don't expect too much hashrate from gpu, PascalCoin randomhash algorithm is designed to be cpu friendly. Even a midrange intel cpu beats a gtx 1080ti.
Hi,

I'm surprised that the PascalCoin still exist, where's ann thread for PascalCoin, and which exchanges are supported PascalCoin nowadays?

I am surprised too.  I'm glad I sold all mine.

Wait, if you know that it still exists, the ANN thread was where most people would find out about it.

Being funny is not tolerated in this forum. 

This is about rhminer and RandomHash.

You can read the specifications here https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PIP/PIP-0009.md
and implement a super fast FPGA ASIC miner to make profits.

I'd like to ask why you are so glad to sold out all your PascalCoin?
as I know that the PascalCoin is ASIC -resistant hash algorithm.

I probably didn't.

It is ASIC resistant for now.  Does not stop someone clever to figure out another way.

There is a long list of coins that were announced as ASIC + other resistance.  There are ASICs out there for all of them.  Including PascalCoin (before the HF).

It's not GPU resistant.  At least once a developer wrote his own miner that was extremely fast (I forgot which crypto coin) and made a nice profit.

That's why these algorithms are public information. 
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
I'm surprised that the PascalCoin still exist, where's ann thread for PascalCoin, and which exchanges are supported PascalCoin nowadays?

Wait, if you know that it still exists, the ANN thread was where most people would find out about it.

You can read the specifications here https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PIP/PIP-0009.md

I'd like to ask why you are so glad to sold out all your PascalCoin?
as I know that the PascalCoin is ASIC -resistant hash algorithm.

Here's the Ann thread - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-pasc-pascalcoin-true-deletable-blockchain-v3-hardfork-on-block-210000-1583719
But you may want to check the discord, that is more updated with the current developments.
And RandomHash is the new algo, to move away from the dual mining ecosystem and make it more cpu friendly coin (hardfork was last November).

Besides Polo, there are also a number of exchanges that are now supporting PascalCoin, https://www.pascalcoin.org/ to check the list of exchanges.

And just recently - open source mining pools (we have now 2 in operation).

The project is progressing quite good my friend! Be sure also to check out the PascalCoin Improvement Proposals (PIPs) to see what's coming more in PascalCoin. Smiley

Agree with you PascalCoin is promising project. I'll give it a try and mining PascalCoin and see its profit. thanks to you clear information you provide.

Here's the Ann thread - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-pasc-pascalcoin-true-deletable-blockchain-v3-hardfork-on-block-210000-1583719
But you may want to check the discord, that is more updated with the current developments.
And RandomHash is the new algo, to move away from the dual mining ecosystem and make it more cpu friendly coin (hardfork was last November).

Besides Polo, there are also a number of exchanges that are now supporting PascalCoin, https://www.pascalcoin.org/ to check the list of exchanges.

The project is progressing quite good my friend! Be sure also to check out the PascalCoin Improvement Proposals (PIPs) to see what's coming more in PascalCoin. Smiley

HF happened around 5pm EST on November 14, 2018.  I have it on a sticky note.
I soloed 4 blocks an old CPU.

For those who want to know RandomHash, below is taken from the website - pascalcoin.org.

RandomHash - GPU & ASIC Resistant Hash Algorithm

PascalCoin adopts a low-memory, GPU- and ASIC-resistant hash algorithm called Random Hash - the first of its kind - that fully preserves mining decentralization. Random Hash is an innovative, "high-level cryptographic hash" algorithm that combines other well-known hash primitives in a highly serial manner. In addition to RandomHash’s serial nature, it is branch-heavy and recursive which makes PascalCoin optimal for CPU-only mining. RandomHash is designed to ensure PascalCoin remains a globally decentralized network that runs well on low-end hardware.

Technical specifications for Random Hash can be found in the whitepaper.
Pages:
Jump to: