Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 147. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
I am sorry, can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Whats the power consumption in neoscrypt compared to other algos? Like scrypt and x11 ie?

Thanks for the answers  Smiley

At one of my rigs X11 consumes 720w, neoscrypt is at 810-820w  so it's 10-15% more.

Haha, very interesting...

Still that is not with wolf's super-mega fast kernel Smiley Maybe we can expect lower consumption... ? Smiley
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...

Whats the power consumption in neoscrypt compared to other algos? Like scrypt and x11 ie?

At one of my rigs X11 consumes 720w, neoscrypt is at 810-820w  so it's 10-15% more.

I can second that conclusion.
Activity: 419

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Activity: 547
So this is a thread about sgminer5 the multi-algo miner; does sgminer5 now include neoscrypt algo as an option?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Wolf0, I tried switching to this latest miner of yours briefly (I'm on a X15 lease at the moment). I used the same config file as I use on my other SGminer copy, and it ran, but had many hardware errors. They were accumulating at a pace of over 12/minute across all four 290X's. I ran it long enough to see the hashrate top out at a level identical to my prior Sgminer build. Any thoughts on why I'd be getting hardware errors with yours? I have BF4 edition 290X's, and I copied the DLL's from my other copy of SGminer to yours, if that matters. But the binaries I did not copy over.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
thanks wolf but i'm not able to get anywhere near your rates. my sapphire 290 tri-x are only getting 145khs each running on 14.9 driver with -w 48, -tc 8192, -threads 4 in win 7. i wonder what the diff is.

I'm using my own kernel that's in development, that's why.

Damn it! Sad lol

Wish I read this before I set up the miner expecting more hash!

Eargarly awaiting the development/release of that kernal. Tongue

Don't be too eager, I dunno what I'm going to do with it yet. I've rewritten almost all of it with at least decent code now. Here's some hashrates you should REALLY like (card types and info shown in notepad; NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/neoscryptwolf-11032014.png

I didn't have chance to see the hashrate before I had to close the window because I didn't want my GF to wonder WTF I was looking at. Maybe later....
Activity: 221
thanks wolf but i'm not able to get anywhere near your rates. my sapphire 290 tri-x are only getting 145khs each running on 14.9 driver with -w 48, -tc 8192, -threads 4 in win 7. i wonder what the diff is.

Damn it! Sad lol

Wish I read this before I set up the miner expecting more hash!

Eargarly awaiting the development/release of that kernal. Tongue
Activity: 280
Wink what can i achive in Hash rate (KHash/s) with a R9 290 card
Activity: 280
What speed is possible with R9 290 cards with stock 1000/1500 settings?.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Come on people, please help me with this. How can I achieve 3.6 mh on x11 with 270x and what version of sgminer, driver, card config, etc.

I currently managed to get 2.9 and 4.3 on 270x and 280x

Thank you.

That is about it, even badman74's repo isn't going to get you any higher than those numbers for those cards.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
SpreadCoin(bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435) offers bounty for the GPU miner. Thought you might be interested.
Activity: 212
Anybody have any rough guidlines around the intensity that is optimal for AMD Tahiti GPU's? Managed to finally get it to run on my 7950, but only at like 30khs at I-16

I use I = 17 or 18 for Xn. It depends on your overclocking.

I have a feeling they mean neoscrypt...

I'd say you are correct.... Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Not impossible - if you know C, call CreateProcess() with CREATE_NO_WINDOW flag.
Just call WinMain.

No, he wants to launch SG with no window.
WinMain does not spawn a window FYI.

I'm assuming he doesn't want to edit SG's source - and using your own program (calling WinMain) and then using CreateProcess() on SGMiner will spawn a window.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Anybody have any rough guidlines around the intensity that is optimal for AMD Tahiti GPU's? Managed to finally get it to run on my 7950, but only at like 30khs at I-16

I use I = 17 or 18 for Xn. It depends on your overclocking.
Activity: 212
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Has anyone been able to mine solo with Wolf0's sgminer ?
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast

i c. thanks
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
Jump to: