Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 148. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
SG5 for neoscrypt is out; I've compiled it. This is a zip of my kernel, slighly modified for SGMiner, as well as all the other kernels included on the github's develop branch, and a Win64 binary. Static compile, no DLLs, just like my standard SGMiner builds on Litecointalk. Also GPG signed, like my standard builds:

https://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/neoscrypt/sgminer5-neoscrypt-11-02-2014.zip

And of course, GPG sigs for those that check them (you should be): https://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/neoscrypt/sgminer5-neoscrypt-11-02-2014.zip.sig

Thanks very much, Wolf. You're a gentleman and a scholar and they're ain't very damn many of us left!  Grin
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Any of y'all slag WHORES used the 14.9.2 BETA for Winnie Windows 64-bitch?

I'm installing it now; looks like it's 3 weeks old.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Any chance someone with a working 290X binary for Neoscrypt could share it here?

Good work Wolf0, the best I'd seen previously was maybe 120 kh. You obviously have a talent at this.
not *.bin but *.cl  Wink
i think, with this diff.rate of 12.1  Shocked  optimization of neo-algo is usless for current coins...may be it will help to mine/sell new coins

No, it's the *.bin that I need.

No, my .cl file works on 14.9 - download it, remove your .bins, and try.

OK, I tried your link and downloaded the ZIP, but can't find any executable. Looks like this is source code? (Excuse my naivety, I'm not a programmer.) How do I compile or otherwise get it running on Win 7/64-bit?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Not impossible - if you know C, call CreateProcess() with CREATE_NO_WINDOW flag.
Just call WinMain.

No, he wants to launch SG with no window.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Wolf0,

I know your .cl mod works with AMD 14.9 but it also works with earlier versions, and is faster, too.

I tried AMD 14.9 and got 137.5kH from a 7970 with the Stilt BIOS at I13 gpuclock 1000 memclock 1500 g 2 worksize 48
when I uninstalled it and went back to AMD 14.6 I got 156.7kH (that is substantial)

another rig that I have with 7970's  that runs AMD 14.7rc1 gets 156.4kH (not much difference)

interestingly, I cannot get the 280x's to match the 7970's, the 7970's are beating them,
280x's are getting 152.8kH, even if I bump up the gpuclocks
legendary
Any chance someone with a working 290X binary for Neoscrypt could share it here?

Good work Wolf0, the best I'd seen previously was maybe 120 kh. You obviously have a talent at this.
not *.bin but *.cl  Wink
i think, with this diff.rate of 12.1  Shocked  optimization of neo-algo is usless for current coins...may be it will help to mine/sell new coins

No, it's the *.bin that I need.
It was only the wind.
Wolf0, you could set your kernels mining with some constant percent for you. This would guarantee you profit from those who are using your work. Just an idea...

I've said it before, they get reverse engineered. Not to mention - it'd actually harm the community. If I increase hashrate 30%, diff goes up 30% in under a day. You make the same amount, except you're now paying me a fee - so you're making less.

Not if u rent out the rig (30% - fee)

Wouldn't rig renting be just as impacted? When you make hashrate effectively cheaper, then people sell it for less.
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
Forget it - I'm going to release the fix for 14.9. I just need to water down my own block mix - including chacha and salsa (lol, water down my salsa) - and the way it's called. The original dev fucked up those so bad they won't work on 14.x. Blake2S is so stupid, I'm amazed the dev can walk and talk at the same time, but hey, it does work on 14.9.
Do you mean you are going to rewrite original *.cl completely?
legendary

not *.bin but *.cl  Wink
he will only sell, it in its priority only money Wink
ok. lets state the bounty for neo-kernel-mod-improvement
may be 0.5btc?
It was only the wind.
Any way to get this to work similar to cgminer, without a CMD window?
There's no way. When Windows starts the application it looks into it and sees it's a console application. It pops up a console. This is the correct behavior.

Yes, it would be possible to modify it so there would be a sgminer-noconsole and yes, it's also possible to modify it so it spawns a console only on request but most people isn't interested in moving the miner that way.

Not impossible - if you know C, call CreateProcess() with CREATE_NO_WINDOW flag.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

not *.bin but *.cl  Wink
he will only sell, it in its priority only money Wink
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Ok.. the queue just set itself to 6 items.

WTF Huh
Activity: 547
Yeah but if it's neoscrypt there's no chance of having it integrated into our multi-algo miner huh.
legendary

not *.bin but *.cl  Wink
It was only the wind.
Wolf0, you could set your kernels mining with some constant percent for you. This would guarantee you profit from those who are using your work. Just an idea...

I've said it before, they get reverse engineered. Not to mention - it'd actually harm the community. If I increase hashrate 30%, diff goes up 30% in under a day. You make the same amount, except you're now paying me a fee - so you're making less.
legendary

legendary
Got Neoscrypt working with 14.9... now to figure out which change did it...
speed up or not?
my neo-miner is working with cat.14.9 but only with 13.12 amdocl*.dll`s placed in miners directory.
It was only the wind.
Wolf0,

Why don't you consider sell your kernel to 200 peoples (?? other number) at same time.
I mean, you set a price and when all buyers have payed, they will receive the kernel at same time - send a mail with a link.

Just an idea for you to make some money and the community can take advantage of your work - maybe someone make other improvements. (sorry my poor english Wink)

No one would benefit because the difficulty would go up by the same amount in less than a day. Besides, it would be stupid of me - one lump sum does not pay the bills every month, getting a percentage does.
Activity: 285
Got Neoscrypt working with 14.9... now to figure out which change did it...

Awesome work...
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
Hi  anyone know why i would get loads of HW errors when minning Scrypt N

cheers        

"NiceHash_Scrypt-N_multi",
          "gpu-engine" : "947",
          "gpu-memclock" : "1000",
          "intensity" : "8",
          "nfactor" : "11",
          "algorithm" : "zuikkis"
Jump to: