Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 214. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 250
No "shaders" specified; interesting.  I'll check this out.

EDIT:  Also, it should be explained right here that you aren't using the newest "form" of config files, with profiles and pools.  Shouldn't matter though.

xI:320 just blew my card into SICK in about 15 minutes.

maybe u should try hamsi expand big 7, like his config.

bullus you don't have 290/Xs do you?  Yours are 280s and you run expand-big 4 right?

no I have 7950's and using expand big 4 also

what is hamsi expand big ? my value is 1 ... i've got some 7950 too, should i use 4 or 7 ?

so far I have this to offer on expand-big

At I:19 expand-big 1 you get 4M on a 290X
At I:19 expand-big 4 you get 3.4-3.6M on a 290X
Have not tried xI:32 (extremely low thread count) and expand-big 7 (extremely aggressive hamsi-expand)

So for Hawaii's I would recommend trying expand-big 1, for Tahitis/Pitcairn, expand-big 4
Activity: 212
Merit: 100

EDIT:  Also, it should be explained right here that you aren't using the newest "form" of config files, with profiles and pools.  Shouldn't matter though.

bullus you don't have 290/Xs do you?  Yours are 280s and you run expand-big 4 right?

what is hamsi expand big ? my value is 1 ... i've got some 7950 too, should i use 4 or 7 ?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

its only for x13 algo, so doesn't matter.

Also, it should be explained right here that you aren't using the newest "form" of config files, with profiles and pools.  Shouldn't matter though.

yes, i'm tried a new build of sgminer few days ago, but he is crashed after 60 sec, for now, if i'm not wrong should be everything fine.

Newest one fixed this in last 2 days.  Try getting the newest build from kenshirothefist's link or badman74
ok i am gonna start putting my builds for v5_0 here
https://github.com/badman74/Binaries/archive/V5_0.zip
Activity: 294

bullus you don't have 290/Xs do you?  Yours are 280s and you run expand-big 4 right?

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
if your running 270x's should you use expand big at all or leave it out ?

Also, it should be explained right here that you aren't using the newest "form" of config files, with profiles and pools.  Shouldn't matter though.

yes, i'm tried a new build of sgminer few days ago, but he is crashed after 60 sec, for now, if i'm not wrong should be everything fine.

Newest one fixed this in last 2 days.  Try getting the newest build from kenshirothefist's link or badman74

bullus you don't have 290/Xs do you?  Yours are 280s and you run expand-big 4 right?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

Activity: 294

Try lower xi, i had the same with my 290x, but after i reduced xi from 144 to 32 (hashrate not hurt) - i have not seen any SEEK or DEAD.
sry for my bad english.

xI: 32 is WAY below I:19 how do you have good hashrates with that?

i dont know, but after i found that, i changed xi on my other rigs and this works perfect. Look at screenshot below:
http://cdn.joxi.ru/uploads/prod/2014/06/25/f59/3f5/cb2999442afe029945797c02a0e3ceb00be59ede.jpg
GPU 0,1,2 - R9 290x at 1040 gpu mhz
GPU 3 - r9 290 at 950 gpu mhz
[/quote]

I just tried this and it hard crashed my rig after 2 minutes 20 seconds.  I'll pass for now.  xI: of 320 works a bit better for tweaking.  Do you have shaders : 2816 specified?
[/quote]

screenshot from my other rig.
3 x 290 reference at 1010mhz.
http://cdn.joxi.ru/uploads/prod/2014/06/25/925/431/5bfffa37c4373505a7f8ec80f9a441cca4432cdc.jpg

config:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash_X11",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4336",
                "user" : "",
                "pass" : "f0=0;f2=0;f3=4;f4=3;f5=0",
                "pool-algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
                "pool-nfactor" : "10",
                "pool-gpu-engine" : "1010",
                "pool-gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"pool-xintensity" : "32"
        },
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash_X13",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4337",
                "pass" : "f0=0;f2=0;f3=4;f4=3;f5=0",
                "pool-algorithm" : "marucoin-mod",
"pool-xintensity" : "144"
        },
        {
                "name" : "Trademybit_X11",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://am01.eu.trademybit.com:4440",
                "pass" : "",
                "pool-algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
                "pool-gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"pool-xintensity" : "32"
        },
        {
                "name" : "Trademybit_X13",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://am01.eu.trademybit.com:5550",
                "pass" : "",
                "pool-algorithm" : "marucoin-mod",
"pool-xintensity" : "144"
        }
],
"hamsi-expand-big" : "7",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"worksize" : "256",
"vectors" : "1",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-fan" : "50-100",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "80",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"log" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "30",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "10",
"expiry" : "28",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4028"
}
ok this miner goes 30% faster ... but it also draws 30% more watts @ the wall  Wink
Yeah, a little more and x11/x13 will draw like script.
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
We have published new sgminer_v5 binaries (linux, windows), build today (60 sec quit fix, high speed fan fix, etc.): https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sgminer

Try lower xi, i had the same with my 290x, but after i reduced xi from 144 to 32 (hashrate not hurt) - i have not seen any SEEK or DEAD.
sry for my bad english.

[/quote]

i dont know, but after i found that, i changed xi on my other rigs and this works perfect. Look at screenshot below:

[/quote]

I just tried this and it hard crashed my rig after 2 minutes 20 seconds.  I'll pass for now.  xI: of 320 works a bit better for tweaking.  Do you have shaders : 2816 specified?
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
ok this miner goes 30% faster ... well done guys !!  
but it also draws 30% more watts @ the wall  Wink (and the cards are hotter also)
I've mined Scrypt, Scrypt-N, and X13 for extended periods of time without errors. (2days or more)... so far the only algorithm that has given me SICK > DEAD cards is X11.  Keccak im not even sure if I have configured right, i get a pretty good hash rate but an unusually high amount of rejects.

I get SICK -> DEAD on x13 usually after having done x11 for an extended time, then flipping.   It doesn't require a hard boot, just a restart of the mining instance.

Flipping from X13 to X11 just made one GPU go SICK -> DEAD , and if i restart only the mining instance, the hashrate does not build up to its normal speed, it only goes to about 50-60% speed.  I have to reboot the OS and restart mining for it to work at full speed.   Sometimes just mining X11 does this too without any switching.

sry for my bad english.

http://cdn.joxi.ru/uploads/prod/2014/06/25/f59/3f5/cb2999442afe029945797c02a0e3ceb00be59ede.jpg
I've mined Scrypt, Scrypt-N, and X13 for extended periods of time without errors. (2days or more)... so far the only algorithm that has given me SICK > DEAD cards is X11.  Keccak im not even sure if I have configured right, i get a pretty good hash rate but an unusually high amount of rejects.

I get SICK -> DEAD on x13 usually after having done x11 for an extended time, then flipping.   It doesn't require a hard boot, just a restart of the mining instance.

Flipping from X13 to X11 just made one GPU go SICK -> DEAD , and if i restart only the mining instance, the hashrate does not build up to its normal speed, it only goes to about 50-60% speed.  I have to reboot the OS and restart mining for it to work at full speed.   Sometimes just mining X11 does this too without any switching.

sry for my bad english.

I've mined Scrypt, Scrypt-N, and X13 for extended periods of time without errors. (2days or more)... so far the only algorithm that has given me SICK > DEAD cards is X11.  Keccak im not even sure if I have configured right, i get a pretty good hash rate but an unusually high amount of rejects.

I get SICK -> DEAD on x13 usually after having done x11 for an extended time, then flipping.   It doesn't require a hard boot, just a restart of the mining instance.

Flipping from X13 to X11 just made one GPU go SICK -> DEAD , and if i restart only the mining instance, the hashrate does not build up to its normal speed, it only goes to about 50-60% speed.  I have to reboot the OS and restart mining for it to work at full speed.   Sometimes just mining X11 does this too without any switching.

sry for my bad english.
Activity: 142
Merit: 101

Jump to: