Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SH]Shilling-The Digital Currency Tailored in Africa for Africa - page 13. (Read 39788 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Any altcoin can be used for remittances, and many coins focus on that now. But to cater to Africa specifically a coin should have some features that make it more amenable to that area, maybe copy some features from Pascal and Humaniq. Adding biometrics to coins in place of regular private key generation is a rough sell in the West, biblical issues, apocolypsis etc, but in less developed countries it is a short term solution.

The Dev is located in Africa and that is one of the reasons to use it there. He was attempted to get a few ATMs in Kenya to try out. When it comes to biometrics, I don't think that is ideal till the tech is further along and adoption rate is higher. Mobile phone money such as mpesa used by VodaPhone in Africa is a great example how they have already adopted a form of digital transactions. Now to move it to crypto. Getting some more good mobile wallets would be good... Getting shilling onto Coinomi...

For remittances to East Africa.. I use World Remit. Fees are still high.. but lower than Western Union and easy to send from Phone App to mPesa on a cell. How should we setup Digital Shilling to have this happen?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
yavwa: Have you gotten any further on the remittance idea? Would love to see the shilling being used this way in Africa. Do you have a concept that we could work on? I'd would like to test out some ideas sending from North America to East Africa.

Any altcoin can be used for remittances, and many coins focus on that now. But to cater to Africa specifically a coin should have some features that make it more amenable to that area, maybe copy some features from Pascal and Humaniq. Adding biometrics to coins in place of regular private key generation is a rough sell in the West, biblical issues, apocolypsis etc, but in less developed countries it is a short term solution.
yavwa: Have you gotten any further on the remittance idea? Would love to see the shilling being used this way in Africa. Do you have a concept that we could work on? I'd would like to test out some ideas sending from North America to East Africa.
Activity: 280
www.pumpmycoin.com

Dear Shilling Coin Community,

Your Coin Has achieved the 8th place among other 50 Coins with (226 Votes) in our public votes with your great efforts, now its nominated to our official private members Election to choose the next coin to pump after 11 days
You can support you coin by participating in our private elections among another 3700 members from here

Private Elections https://goo.gl/d6vk2d

sincerely
PumpMyCoin Team
We Pump But Never Dump
www.PumpMycoin.com

Activity: 188
Shillingcoin core v1.16.4
Don't know who you are but thanks for the call... I haven't abandoned Shilling though. Just working behind the curtains.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Extra node and stats page added for Shilling... http://sh.cryptocronic.com/stats/
Activity: 269
yavwa plans to come out with a new wallet? More friendly to scans.
You releasing a website for the coin?
Activity: 273
Merit: 101
Very good.! We have 30 years for mineing Smiley I keep buying
Shilling continues to have a network hash rate about 60MH. Good for the smaller miners to get some coins. In 2017 I'm hoping to introduce the shilling coin to several in East Africa,.. Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda. More miners, investors, and dev helpers.
Stats on Shilling: 48369 blocks mined (50/block), difficulty 6.046, network hash 62MH/s
On Nova: ranging from approx 16-26 stats (0.00000016 - 0.00000026) current support at 16-18.. price has been pretty stable but with hardly any volume.

Future: Dev was pursuing a Shilling ATM to try out in Kenya.

I'm interested in connecting with others who would like to use this coin to introduce people in Africa to alt coins.

There is a discord channel if you are interested in chatting more with others who are interested in this coin: https://discord.gg/UNvb2Br
Activity: 600
I also wonder, when the wallet is not problematic and works well.
Yobit often do things like that, lock a couple of coins can be traded but can not deposit
Use Nova instead unless we attempt to list SH on Cryptopia.. I don't think yobit will ever get that wallet working again. I consider yobit totally useless with bad interface to analyze the numbers. SH could be a great coin if we go to the next step with it
Activity: 1150
Merit: 502
Can't deposite Shilling on Yobitexchange, status wallet Still : No free addresses for such currency. Please try again in 2 minutes.

Deposits and withdrawals are halted at this time. I can see ur facial expression though, 40 yo dude with an abnormal protuberance on the back of his neck trying to send money to a centralized exchange with his mid-90s smartphone.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Can't deposite Shilling on Yobitexchange, status wallet Still : No free addresses for such currency. Please try again in 2 minutes.
Activity: 384
Merit: 100
shilling finally moving up at Nova.. but has weak buy support

I'm personally like Yobit Exchange , often occur big pumper (maybe there a "BOT")  Smiley and i like that!
shilling finally moving up at Nova.. but has weak buy support
The Shilling coin DEV is based in Africa.  Another interesting blockchain initiative from Africa is the The Sun Exchange company. They have solar rental income being paid in cryptocurrency.
The shilling coin is still going… the available supply according to coinmarketcap shows 2.1 million of the 30 million cap. There is no premine.  Yobit has stranded about 100k+ of the coins on its exchange. Nova Exchange has an orderbook of 318,417 coins. This is still in the beginning stages… The Dev continues to promote the coin.
Pages:
Jump to: