Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 11. (Read 1382140 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
December 18, 2019, 11:09:30 PM
First time hearing of this. Has anyone have experience storing their files in this?

All I know is I looked into this 9 months ago..and even with the cheapest of "used' equipment I could not make this storage stuff fly

by making any size box in any way/shape/form worth doing and profitable. It is all data hall folks that do this on the side as far as I can tell.

So until that part is fixed...we are due at BEST to sideways.....IMHO...but again, the devs are failing with this project in so many directions

from sia-tech/grin debacle\little use coin with high difficulty due to over mining or how shall I say instead, driving up difficulty without

and corresponding use or adoption of that coin so IMHO vs adoption or hell at least the storage thing in break-even mode

am not encouraged by siacoin at this point,  at all Sad

Brad

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
December 18, 2019, 05:49:18 AM
well i didnt have idea of all these things honestly. but kraken recentrly listed sia so i guess thins are not so ugly for siacoin proyect

Just remember apart of kraken thing also Bain Capital invested 3,5M in siacoin lately. I don,t think those companies invest resources for nothing

https://www.coindesk.com/sia-network-raises-3-5-million-from-bain-capital-to-become-crypto-hulu

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
December 17, 2019, 10:08:34 AM
lmao

Good for you.

ppl stilllll believe in this shit?

Yop.

fucking sad.

Thanks for the compassion.

this coin had it's 15mins of fame, then died a rekt death given the markets and direction the team took.

Really? There is simply no data to back this up. A majority of (if not all) altcoins had their bubble popped around the same time in H2 2017 and then in Q1 2018. The team is quite transparent and provide frequent updates (weekly/bi-weekly). They might have taken some questionable directions, yet, this is by far one of the few remaining solid projects in the crypto-space. If you want to imply otherwise, please provide data to back up your claims. If you think that price reflects fundamentals, technology or potential, please think again. There is no guarantee whatsoever the price will go up or down, regardless, all evidence points to the fact that Sia, as a decentralized cloud storage platform, is very far from failing.

Does anyone know if their supposed 'decentralized network' is really doing anything of note? Or is it backsliding as well?

Their decentralized network is not supposed (unless you mean something else), it has actually been running/working as such for years. And they just raised some million dollars back in July 2019 (https://sia.tech/funding2019).

General advice which never gets old: Not financial advice. Do you own research.
December 17, 2019, 06:22:20 AM
well i didnt have idea of all these things honestly. but kraken recentrly listed sia so i guess thins are not so ugly for siacoin proyect
Activity: 32
December 16, 2019, 02:44:25 PM
First time hearing of this. Has anyone have experience storing their files in this?
copper member
Clueless!
December 16, 2019, 01:52:44 PM
lmao ppl stilllll believe in this shit?

fucking sad.

this coin had its 15mins of fame, then died a rekt death given the markets and direction the team took.

Yeah...just riding the 1.25 million Siacoin I got before selling my 5 miners for what I had in them USD wise for BTC....glad I held on to the BTC

so I'm ahead of all this. Hoping for a pump. Would be nice if somehow they saw the light and merged with ARK or something...but likely as I said

in my previous, IMHO, post..they are just riding this project into the ground on the Siacoin end and then the USA bankruptcy angle for the Sia-Tech end.

Does anyone know if their supposed 'decentralized network' is really doing anything of note? Or is it backsliding as well?

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
December 16, 2019, 11:56:50 AM
lmao ppl stilllll believe in this shit?

fucking sad.

this coin had it's 15mins of fame, then died a rekt death given the markets and direction the team took.
copper member
Clueless!
December 15, 2019, 03:17:02 PM
sia team is one of the most hard workers in crypto scene. They have a better in price product than they rivals. Last october sia hit the higher used storage. I thing price will reflect all the work soon

The sia-tech team took all your BTC back in the day and converted it to cash (maybe, so they said) ..then then became a 'miner business' along the lines of Butterfly Labs.

The ship late, make 'dubious' products. Suddenly after development, they decide NOT to offer Grin miners (even though they have working immersion units) ..this sounds

to me like KNC when they made BTC chips just for themselves and mined massively.

Or if the above is too pessimistic...they bet on GRIN miners and it is a complete loss and they are left holding the bag.

Also NO new boards or Siacoin miners (truthfully, why bother)

When asked if I will ever get my lake compensation of $600 or so from Sia-Tech for my very 'late' SC1 unit back in the day.....I get a letter saying I will be refunded

when/if they make a profit this year!

So being a USA company...I fully expect them to do what all USA ASIC makers of any note have done in the past, like Butterfly Labs and GAW and a mess of others.

Declare units shipped (even though way late). Then have the Sia-Tech Corporation declare bankruptcy. (keeping all those nice personal BTC for individuals that

where accumulated back in the day) ...ie..the usual USA corporation raider stuff..drain the corporation dry and then have it take the hit on the bankruptcy

protecting all those folk that started Sia-Tech. Rinse/Wash/Repeat.

I think we are pretty much out of say 5 ASIC makers in the USA ZERO FOR 5 in that when times got tough they just bailed and let the corporation go bankrupt

and take the legal fall. As far as SEC is concerned as long as they SENT SOMETHING OUT...even if like BFL a year late..they kinda treat it like a T.V. and say

hell, you got such.

I could also get into the point of all the siacoin being mined and difficulty with no real use yet of note with their decentralized storage ..but that is s different

rabbit hole to go down.

Glad I dumped my 5 units for what I got into them in $$$ and paid in BTC ..so still in HODL mode on that and ahead of the game. Also, have 1,250,000 Siacoin

from them, I can't really use in (1) never can get their wallet to work after five tries, will never take the passcode (2) As an alternative looked for a legit paper wallet

and from what I saw an unsupported fly by night one is not gonna do it for me. Thus, still shared on the buddies wallet we co-mined too...and he says he can

never get the wallet to synch completely to use it!

Yep, things are frigging wonderful with Sia don't ya think? I mean it is a major 'supposed' coin and they don't even have a paper wallet of any legit nature?

Nope, they are no longer even trying. If they were they'd be offering SC1 original box boards yet at a discount and such for all other batches of equipment and

let us apply 'supposed' compensation (my $600) towards such....as it is they are sitting on their hands IMHO waiting for a pump in BTC price and 'hoping' that

Siacoin does some 'modest' price increase..then my bet again is, they will declare Sia-tech bankrupt and walk with the BTC etc that they have got out of project and split.

Tis, the way of 'failed' USA corporations, the corporation fails and the owners walk away with no liability..in this case, all that BTC you sent them from back in the day.

So many moving parts in all the above have to change drastically in order to prove my premise above wrong..that I can't even imagine such.

end of rant

Brad

December 15, 2019, 01:25:56 PM
sia team is one of the most hard workers in crypto scene. They have a better in price product than they rivals. Last october sia hit the higher used storage. I thing price will reflect all the work soon
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
in LTC i trust
December 12, 2019, 06:46:33 AM
list of coins supported in different ledger wallet:
https://boxmining.com/supported-coins-for-cryptocurrency-wallets/

WHAT's WRONG with siacoin ?

We don't know what exactly happens sia is a very old coin and why the coin is not supported for different Ledger wallets. There are many new other coins which are being supported in different ledger wallets and why sia is not in those lists.

I actually was just recently noticing this which is weird. Siacoin is a very old coin which had some great success on exchanges early on. Wondering what happened this coin actually made me some good money trading

Sia is supported on the Ledger. It is not user friendly yet, but possible as outlined in these instructions now: https://support.sia.tech/article/1tteqxvgh0-sia-ledger

like you say it's not user friendly. i think that would be better that ppl see the sia app in the ledger manager... but it seem that sia team is not interested in that. seem that the project is slowly dying and focusing on minning hardware... but maybe i'm wrong. what i see it's that smart money seems gone away... maybe some accumulation but i don't know... was listed in kraken so i hope that under the scene something is going to happen...
after several years we cannot build a website. just put some files in a "decentralized storage"... no video streaming nothing that could bring ppl or company to use it... sia is doing worsltly  what an ftp can do... 2 years dump... i keep some coin on binance... but i'm skeptic regard the future of the project
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
December 09, 2019, 09:17:17 AM

We don't know what exactly happens sia is a very old coin and why the coin is not supported for different Ledger wallets. There are many new other coins which are being supported in different ledger wallets and why sia is not in those lists.

I actually was just recently noticing this which is weird. Siacoin is a very old coin which had some great success on exchanges early on. Wondering what happened this coin actually made me some good money trading

Sia is supported on the Ledger. It is not user friendly yet, but possible as outlined in these instructions now: https://support.sia.tech/article/1tteqxvgh0-sia-ledger
in LTC i trust
December 05, 2019, 03:26:23 PM
6 months chart. More than 1 year above the support... this is the reason why i think we have found the bottom. but who know  Huh Huh

woow
this feels like too optimistic but also looks like something like this can happen if the market gets into a massive bubble again
if it goes that high, it will happen with all the other alts that have better potential
but still worth to invest a very little amount to see how it plays in the coming years Cheesy

seeing all this coins pumping i wonder if it's not better to dump this siacoin...

but in the mean time i'm sure if i sell it will pump lol

i became a F**** bag hodler
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
November 30, 2019, 09:05:23 PM
6 months chart. More than 1 year above the support... this is the reason why i think we have found the bottom. but who know  Huh Huh

woow
this feels like too optimistic but also looks like something like this can happen if the market gets into a massive bubble again
if it goes that high, it will happen with all the other alts that have better potential
but still worth to invest a very little amount to see how it plays in the coming years Cheesy
Activity: 716
Merit: 500
November 29, 2019, 09:43:58 PM

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
November 29, 2019, 05:05:19 AM
Siacoin is on the 11th place in the wish list for christmas 

https://www.altcointradershandbook.com/christmas-altcoin-wishlist-2019/
copper member
Clueless!
November 28, 2019, 09:16:45 PM
If sia-tech had any $$$ yet they'd be selling replacement update boards for the SC1 and/or  the massive amount of DCR1's out there...both first and 2nd batch...

but again, they can't even pay back the promised compensation for being late on the 1st SC! batch back a year or so back. (see the previous post in this thread where they say

they will compensate if they show a profit this year)

not gonna happen with their failed grin miners etc

they are toast, I still think they are gonna fold and let the corporation take the fall with the SEC in the USA.

That is what butterfly labs did and GAW and about 3 others if I remember right. Glad I sold my 5 SC1's for the BTC I had in them on the algo change

as for the 1.25 million sia-coin I mined on top of that..meh! It is more or less written off IMHO at this late date.

sad, but I guess my new rule is never to buy an  ASIC from a USA company..the SEC only cares if you ship the product..it can be 1 or 2 years late and that is

just dandy...great way to get BTC with little risk. If your ASIC/coin makes it 'great' if not, little risk of any problems with the SEC the corporation eats the loss/problems. win/win

anyway, I've seen nothing to change my view in the last year, indeed my view is MORE likely with the dump of the Grin miners....so sad.

Brad
in LTC i trust
November 28, 2019, 06:25:28 AM

Activity: 735
Merit: 17
November 21, 2019, 05:18:19 AM
Sia project update weekly, upcoming release and latest project events
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINKvFEYgKI&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 75
November 18, 2019, 07:15:15 PM
hi Siacoin team !

if you read this .. a new exchange came to existence called Unnamed Exchange .. hope you get listed there
https://www.unnamed.exchange/
in LTC i trust
November 14, 2019, 12:05:00 AM
6 months chart. More than 1 year above the support... this is the reason why i think we have found the bottom. but who know  Huh Huh

Pages:
Jump to: