Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 7. (Read 1382134 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 32
"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" Seneca _
June 13, 2020, 01:01:10 AM
Congrats for SC team, great work! SC have plans to make a DEX in nebulosa or in SC network?
Activity: 735
Merit: 17
May 22, 2020, 05:21:04 AM
Sia Ski Net about how the era of decentralized Internet is approaching, part one and how things are today in Sia https://www.altcoinbuzz.io/reviews/altcoin-projects/sia-network-skynet-age-of-decentralized-internet-part-1/

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
May 17, 2020, 03:41:03 PM
Is there a paper wallet for SIA?
If so, is there a lighter and easier app (similar to Coinomi) for importing the paper wallet?
Since the core portfolio is very heavy and takes a long time to synchronize?

No paperwallet for Siacoin that I would trust.

Also, the Siacoin Wallet by Sia-Tech kinda sucks. (1) When you have something come into your wallet from another address it simply shows the transaction ID
not the siacoin address the amount came from. They should also have the Siacoin address on the main page for that amount so you don't have to go further down a
2nd or 3rd wallet page to find the info. I mean the transaction ID is on the front page, big whoop put the receiving and sending addresses there as well.

Also why not have the Sia-Coin stats page for the explorer on the wallet as a button as well? A lot of info on sia-stats could also just show up on a page...unless
as I suspect their explorer function for the sia-stats is so slow this is unwieldy.

Anyway, last I looked at those was issues that I thought were frigging less than elegant.

I'd stay away from the paperwallet though...Sia-Tech last I heard says it is NOT supported.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
May 17, 2020, 12:19:16 PM
Is there a paper wallet for SIA?
If so, is there a lighter and easier app (similar to Coinomi) for importing the paper wallet?
Since the core portfolio is very heavy and takes a long time to synchronize ?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
May 09, 2020, 01:58:58 PM
is the storage system already working?

Yes.

How many users are there at the moment?
How many Terabytes is the platform already storing?

Here https://siastats.info/ you have a lot of useful stats. 330 hosts, almost 84k active contracts, 750 TB of used storage and more than 2 PB of network capacity.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
May 09, 2020, 03:11:56 AM
is the storage system already working?
How many users are there at the moment?
How many Terabytes is the platform already storing?
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
May 05, 2020, 11:18:43 AM
SiaCoin (SC) not only wants to be Decentralized but Competitive Wants to Overtake Amazon Web Services: https://thecurrencyanalytics.com/13942/siacoin-sc-not-only-wants-to-be-decentralized-but-competitive-wants-to-overtake-amazon-web-services/amp/
copper member
Clueless!
April 26, 2020, 10:52:49 PM
Unsure what to make of this...but previously we got to a pump of 28% plus on Siacoin price today.

So was wondering what the hell happened of any note?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/

befuddled. (a common occurrence) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
April 24, 2020, 03:20:06 AM
The other problem is ..folks have told me that they are moving into using big centralized data storage companies and systems..which also hardly seems decentralized

so if they want to get this project to work they better show some 'economic' reasons even if it is only break-even to put my $$$ into even a hobby node or portal and or

storage on siacoin vision....or it will just collapse under its own weight

I mean no one ever got in trouble with their bit giant amazon cloud kinda storage solution an IT guy is not gonna risk his job farming out sia-techs network at this time

why take the risk?
True. The main point is, that you have someone to charge if any problems arise. You are paying for a service like that.
I really like the idea about decentralized storage. But if I am have to store very important data, I would prefer a reliable supplier at the moment. Let us hope for the future.
copper member
Clueless!
April 21, 2020, 03:11:55 PM
Tell me why SIA is not a shitcoin.

if you think that SIA is a shitcoin, simply find another topic and follow another project
5 years of working on a shitcoin here is too much for you to understand

it is a sh*tcoin in the sense that with the 85% of mining ASIC's from other vendors, that was dumped on the algo switch there is 10x the siacoin in the world that sia-tech expected..even though

they NOW again have a private network for their decentralized and anonymous store of info system using siacoin..they originally dreamed of! Before other ASIC's stole their thunder and pushed

up difficulty and siacoin out in the world way more than their original plans, due to the lateness of their ASIC's hitting the world. (They also owe me $600 supposed compensation for such lateness

they promised...I will likely never

I think they better get a move on making it worth doing storage on such a network..which as of now does not work even on very cheap used hd's etc and certainly

not something a hobbyist can ever make money on now! I'm talking 'break even' is far away even more daunting to put something up as a portal or node or even HD storage for

non-tech usual hobby types...they are generating no hype/or interest in their project just concentrating on coding w/o these details...losing out on a lot of maybe interested folk.

The other problem is ..folks have told me that they are moving into using big centralized data storage companies and systems..which also hardly seems decentralized

so if they want to get this project to work they better show some 'economic' reasons even if it is only break-even to put my $$$ into even a hobby node or portal and or

I mean no one ever got in trouble with their bit giant amazon cloud kinda storage solution an IT guy is not gonna risk his job farming out sia-techs network at this time

why take the risk? What is the point...continue to use amazon cloud..never heard of siacoin and the project and if the IT guy has certainly his boss has not heard of such!

So some decentralized storage from the ground on up among hobbyists and regular folk better start first IMHO to get some hype going on this...or they are just spinning air

IMHO...and such.

By the By, the siacoin wallet also sucks..why not have the siastats.info www page ...going out of the wallet to hit that info to just get the siacoin address is just silly

information button or something on the wallet and what is with only able to use control c and control v to cut and paste? Have they never heard of right-click mouse cut/paste?

Also, why do I have to go all the way to the web site www.siastats.info to plug-in transaction id info to see the wallet address the siacoin came from? Why can't that show

also the wallet address along with transition Id?....I mean it is all very low-end amateur compared to even the most basic BTC wallets...

So the stuff like that drives me crazy ..they are not taking care of important minor details and no real push for folk to do storage nor instructions for the layperson...and ramp such up

even it is just to play with ..no FAQ I could see even to just experiment with the wallet options on storage on your puny 3gig HD as well just to learn such.

So if the project is siacoin/mining/storage as a 3 legged stool....storage part of all this is like 3 years behind the others IMHO..

anyway

they need to fix the stuff above and generally step it up Smiley

Brad

After all this time, you STILL don't understand how mining works and simple fact that hashing power does not affect
bumber of coins?

/facepalm

So the amount of coins are the same even if the amount of hash power for siacoins was 85% more before the ASIC miners by Bitmain etc were bricked? At this point in time?

enlighten me....and if I am incorrect that means at IF obelisks were out on time and there were NO 3rd party siacoin miners and the network was always private with siacoin

we'd still have 41,817,047,634 SC in circulation? really? If so I stand corrected? IF nothing else difficulty is still high as hell on all this from the miner point of view.

On the other hand, with only like what 5-6PH or thereabouts on machines never made by 3rd parties you have a network making 41,817,047,634 SC that amount of coin in the same amount

of time with the original Asics? That also seems a bit silly for a storage network that still basically can't be built or even used by anyone other than 'centralized' data halls etc at this point in

time.

So you still have all this 41,817,047,634 SC coin and the increase in difficulty to the point where MOST obelisk equipment after the fork can't mine Siacoin profitably (maybe a different issue

with pandemic and all...but out there) and a 'storage solution' that is still 3 years behind the (1) no longer making of ASIC's and Grin Miner mess-up (2) that is a hell of a lot of siacoin for a

project (3) wheere the 'decentralized storage solution and anonymous were supposed to be the primary function of this project?

So if my assumptions this time on your correction are correct on above...well...still the project seems 'stuck in a coder 'rut' of epic proportions.

Also NO real decent wallet (see the previous post) and also where are the PR and the PUSH for this great project. I do a google search for the last 30 days and am not impressed with the

results. More problems going on IMHO with this project and promotion then me being wrong on the above...

I also have made these points on the wallet and lack of storage HARDWARE and promotion of this project before ...so /facepalm on that as well back at ya Smiley

Lots of 'supposed' coding....very little progress or promotion on the above issues I bring up...the whole ecosystem of siacoin vs their vision seems to be very 'unbalanced' at best.

The siacoin project folk really need to step it up...fix the wallet for better ease of use....get some PR going...get the decentralized hardware reason also decentralized out there

rather than relying on (futile IMHO) on big data halls to incorporate this off the mark...maybe they are simple short of funds and devs/coders I don't know..but does not seem well

run ecosystem at all as a project

later

Brad
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
April 21, 2020, 01:40:35 PM
ahh, remember those old days back five years ago, when i've been hitting block on solo mining with
20x 7970's it was a really heated up summer then Smiley
Activity: 2464
Merit: 318
April 21, 2020, 03:09:49 AM

if you think that SIA is a shitcoin, simply find another topic and follow another project

it is a sh*tcoin in the sense that with the 85% of mining ASIC's from other vendors, that was dumped on the algo switch there is 10x the siacoin in the world that sia-tech expected..even though

they NOW again have a private network for their decentralized and anonymous store of info system using siacoin..they originally dreamed of! Before other ASIC's stole their thunder and pushed

up difficulty and siacoin out in the world way more than their original plans, due to the lateness of their ASIC's hitting the world. (They also owe me $600 supposed compensation for such lateness

I think they better get a move on making it worth doing storage on such a network..which as of now does not work even on very cheap used hd's etc and certainly

not something a hobbyist can ever make money on now! I'm talking 'break even' is far away even more daunting to put something up as a portal or node or even HD storage for

non-tech usual hobby types...they are generating no hype/or interest in their project just concentrating on coding w/o these details...losing out on a lot of maybe interested folk.

why take the risk? What is the point...continue to use amazon cloud..never heard of siacoin and the project and if the IT guy has certainly his boss has not heard of such!

So some decentralized storage from the ground on up among hobbyists and regular folk better start first IMHO to get some hype going on this...or they are just spinning air

IMHO...and such.

By the By, the siacoin wallet also sucks..why not have the siastats.info www page ...going out of the wallet to hit that info to just get the siacoin address is just silly

information button or something on the wallet and what is with only able to use control c and control v to cut and paste? Have they never heard of right-click mouse cut/paste?

Also, why do I have to go all the way to the web site www.siastats.info to plug-in transaction id info to see the wallet address the siacoin came from? Why can't that show

also the wallet address along with transition Id?....I mean it is all very low-end amateur compared to even the most basic BTC wallets...

So the stuff like that drives me crazy ..they are not taking care of important minor details and no real push for folk to do storage nor instructions for the layperson...and ramp such up

even it is just to play with ..no FAQ I could see even to just experiment with the wallet options on storage on your puny 3gig HD as well just to learn such.

So if the project is siacoin/mining/storage as a 3 legged stool....storage part of all this is like 3 years behind the others IMHO..

anyway

Brad

After all this time, you STILL don't understand how mining works and simple fact that hashing power does not affect
bumber of coins?

/facepalm
copper member
Clueless!
April 20, 2020, 04:44:26 PM

IMHO...and such.

anyway

Brad
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
April 20, 2020, 05:47:08 AM

Activity: 54
Merit: 2
April 19, 2020, 11:35:05 AM
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
April 10, 2020, 03:39:23 AM
Is it mandatory to install/update the recent Sia version?

From their announcement, they didn't directly said that it is mandatory but they also said this: "We strongly recommend that all hosts and all renters upgrade to v1.4.4 as soon as possible."
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com
March 25, 2020, 07:33:23 PM
Is it mandatory to install/update the recent Sia version?
copper member
Clueless!
March 24, 2020, 05:53:01 PM

Anyone have any luck with getting an obelisk blake2b-sia to work with https://www.miningrigrentals.com/

I lose about 1/4 of the hash when I do such.

Also, any way to 'solo mine' siacoin-blake2b-sia?

thanks

brad
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
in LTC i trust
March 24, 2020, 08:24:43 AM
hello all,

need some help. I have installed the sia wallet (1.4.3) on ubuntu but i cannot see funds  Huh i made a test and sent 2 times 0.9sc from bittrex to my wallet but funds doesn't appear (i waited 10 confirmations)... close and reopen the wallet but nothing... full synced.... i can see in the explorer that funds are arrived but i cannot see in my wallet  Huh Roll Eyes

when siacoin in ledger nano manager for non IT users ?? i think it could attract more investor.... nice to have millions of siacoin but would love to have in my own wallet Smiley

after reinstaling,... still syncing after 1 Month.... and on the older version... hope that upgrading to 1.4.4 will work... if this reinstall work... ledger nano would be a good alternative....
Activity: 735
Merit: 17
March 15, 2020, 09:11:35 AM
An article on how, with long-term use of SIA cloud storage, the price for use can be less than $ 2
https://blog.sia.tech/cloud-storage-for-2-tb-mo-8a34043e93bb
Pages:
Jump to: