Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 274. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
May 03, 2017, 04:31:00 PM
Hi, I'm new here.

Where is the best place to store Sia coin once you buy it? Does it have an offline wallet that I can store the coins in? Thanks.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 03, 2017, 03:55:56 PM
In case you missed it:

Read Minebox April's newsletter:
http://mailchi.mp/e44be252b43f/minebox-april-newsletter?e=55ec310860

ITBusinessEdge opinion: #Nextcloud & @SiaTechHQ proof of cloud as "valuable asset":
http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/infrastructure/growing-diversity-of-cloud-storage-solutions.html
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
May 03, 2017, 01:51:24 PM

Yes it is. While I always figure in circulating and maximum total supply before investing, I hadn't looked at the inflation rate as close as I should. Some inflate really fast which might be a big surprise to some. Sia has put out a few really good articles on virtual currencies. It is good they understand the industry well.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
May 03, 2017, 06:27:25 AM
I want to try Sia for cloud storage, but I am interested in data synchronization because I always clean my HDD from useless files and always add on more project files, so I am not interested in just storing my old files, I am interested in constantly synchronizing my backups as well with my home pc.  Is it possible with Sia??

There is an independent developer building "SiaDrive": a software to be used exactly as OneDrive or DropBox. He has already a very early (but working) alpha version.

Also, the dev team is preparing "file repair" and download of just chuncks of files instead of the whole file. I think it is planned for the next 6 months
is this one of the reason why the price is moving up even btc price is rising? i'm looking forward for sia to really comes up and not being dumped back again, if 100sat reached might be possible to have another hype by little sc and wait till the price went up to 150 sat.
May 03, 2017, 06:08:18 AM
PLEASE HOPE THIS GUY NO BUILD THE SIA-DRIVE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_w1jWAmlPM&feature=youtu.be&t=10m22s

Shocked Shocked Shocked

This guy is talking about Storj. Remember the advantage that Sia has over storj, is that Sia is decentralized and the system could survive without centralization.

While with storj: Storj is another competitor but if they were to disappear their host provider would stop getting paid, which would ultimately end in the network shutting down as Storj is solely responsible for paying all their hosts, explained Vorick to MLG Capital. According to Vorick, an important part of an incentivized network are the incentives, so if Storj disappeared the network would also disappear quickly. Storj also owns the primary bridge node, which other people rely on. When a user connects to the Storj network, instead of using their own blockchain node their connect to a centralized node that does all the blockchain stuff for them.

Quote from: https://capital.mlgblockchain.com/sia-tech-profile.html
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
May 02, 2017, 11:05:42 PM
PLEASE HOPE THIS GUY NO BUILD THE SIA-DRIVE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_w1jWAmlPM&feature=youtu.be&t=10m22s

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
May 02, 2017, 07:57:08 PM
I want to try Sia for cloud storage, but I am interested in data synchronization because I always clean my HDD from useless files and always add on more project files, so I am not interested in just storing my old files, I am interested in constantly synchronizing my backups as well with my home pc.  Is it possible with Sia??

There is an independent developer building "SiaDrive": a software to be used exactly as OneDrive or DropBox. He has already a very early (but working) alpha version.

Also, the dev team is preparing "file repair" and download of just chuncks of files instead of the whole file. I think it is planned for the next 6 months
Activity: 770
May 01, 2017, 12:36:30 PM
May 01, 2017, 10:00:28 AM
Nice profile on Sia from MLG Capital: https://capital.mlgblockchain.com/sia-tech-profile.html

Why Sia stands out:

Sia differentiates from competition in 3 big ways, said David Vorick in a statement to MLG Capital. The first is that Sia is the only storage platform that is decentralized, whereas with most of their competitors are almost entirely centralized such as Maidsafe. Vorick describes Maidsafe as a testnet working on Maidsafe servers and if Maidsafe turned off their servers the entire network would go down.

Storj is another competitor but if they were to disappear their host provider would stop getting paid, which would ultimately end in the network shutting down as Storj is solely responsible for paying all their hosts, explained Vorick to MLG Capital. According to Vorick, an important part of an incentivized network are the incentives, so if Storj disappeared the network would also disappear quickly. Storj also owns the primary bridge node, which other people rely on. When a user connects to the Storj network, instead of using their own blockchain node their connect to a centralized node that does all the blockchain stuff for them.
Activity: 291
Merit: 100
Enterprise Blockchain Solutions
May 01, 2017, 07:56:35 AM
I just noticed that the price of sia coin is going up and up. any news I've missed ? speculation or just short term manipulation ? hope $SC is the next huge volume on poloniex
Yeah i didnt see any news regarding sia. Why with ghe price going up? Pump n dump?

Because Sia is growing and folks are starting to realize that it may become the next big thing in storage.

I agree with you. Sia has real value. A real company.
May 01, 2017, 06:24:28 AM
I just noticed that the price of sia coin is going up and up. any news I've missed ? speculation or just short term manipulation ? hope $SC is the next huge volume on poloniex
Yeah i didnt see any news regarding sia. Why with ghe price going up? Pump n dump?

Because Sia is growing and folks are starting to realize that it may become the next big thing in storage.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
April 30, 2017, 10:57:36 PM
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
April 30, 2017, 10:13:18 PM
@dev, please update block explorer to make addresses searchable,  it would improve usability of sia
Activity: 518
Merit: 265
April 30, 2017, 06:43:04 PM
Activity: 308
April 30, 2017, 03:37:35 PM
PLEASE NO CRASH... NO WANT LOSS PANT!

Angry Huh Roll Eyes
Activity: 770
April 30, 2017, 01:43:06 PM
SC is ready to go over 100 and shoot to 500! The tech is functional and available to consumers its real deal now not some idea!
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
April 30, 2017, 09:36:24 AM
that's what people thought last time it went over 100 and then crashed to 21
Activity: 378
April 30, 2017, 09:05:43 AM
Once SIA breaks 100 it will be a big boost!
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
April 30, 2017, 09:03:47 AM

Nice rank for sia, maybe we will be doubled in next month, I am confident about that, we will go up further.
Jump to: