Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 270. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 577
Merit: 500
May 15, 2017, 11:03:22 AM
What is meant by 'metadata' in the following passage taken from http://forum.sia.tech/topic/867/addressing-thoughtful-concerns-about-sia-s-security-viability
and where is it stored?

Sia has all the benefits and more of a cloud. Sia is a very early platform, so not all of the features I'm about to mention are in place, but we expect they will all be there within the next 12 months. The architecture has been explicitly designed to allow for them, we just need more engineers and engineering time:
    Data can be easily retrieved from any device.
    Data is backed up across dozens of hosts on many different continents
    Data can be recovered using only your wallet seed. You do not need to store the metadata (note: this feature is still a few months away. In the meantime, keep your metadata!)
    Sia is decentralized such that only you are in control of the data. No corporation can deny you access to your files, no storage provider can spy on your files, you are not subject to weird terms of service, not subject   to vendor lock-in, not subject to arbitrary changes in price.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 289
Twitter: @BTY_11073
May 15, 2017, 10:34:16 AM
I completed synchronization for several days.
However, even if you unlock Wallet the balance is 0...
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
May 15, 2017, 10:04:54 AM
^ Sia's not a counterparty asset for one. :p

It wouldn't be a bad idea to hold a lil bit of all 3 though, they are all more similar than different. I personally like Sia because it's a working stand-alone system that is much cheaper than tradition cloud storage options. I've never tried Storj, I don't like messing with CP assets, it's rather confusing. I remember when I got free Storj but didn't have Xcp to move them out of my counter-wallet. At the time, it would've cost more than it's worth to move them, so I never did. That is my problem with Storj, though being the noob that i am, I'm sure I went about it all wrong so chaulk that up to being retarded lol.

https://themerkle.com/maidsafe-vs-sia-vs-storj/

If/When MaidSafe goes live, they will probably take off too with their plans of decentralized internet and all of that fun stuff. I never invest in Ico's, I'll buy them after though once I know they aren't vaporware.

I think the winner of the "storage wars" (pun intended) will be much like all of the other coins that won out over their peers (Dash, Monero, Eth, Nem, etc etc etc). The winner will be the one that spends the most money/effort on advertising and getting the word out.

I'm just returning back here to see whats happening.
I like your link above, some interesting and quick points made there
I think from my own point of view that SIA is the most interesting
especially this which I would be very interested in as would others >

Sia supports on-blockchain smart contracts incentivizing hosts to store
files if they want to get paid. Creating such a contract ensures the hoster gets paid,
even if the client decides not to access the files. On the other
hand, these contracts allow for punishing misbehaving hosts.

As with almost any venture marketing will be key, but i'm sure
this has been considered and hopefully a good plan is in place.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 15, 2017, 09:40:30 AM
I don't think it will reach 1$...
But 0.005 / 0.006 is possible

I expect $0.01 per SC this or next year. It will be a good achievement in terms of projects monetary value. But it is a long way even to 1 cent.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2017, 07:42:47 PM
Hi guys!

I synced the wallet, I try to login, already the whole day but it says: Unlocking your wallet, this may take a while (up to several minutes)...

and then siad stops and I have to restart the process again.

Anyone can assist in this?

Thanks!
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
May 14, 2017, 04:13:52 PM
I don't think it will reach 1$...
But 0.005 / 0.006 is possible
Activity: 594
Merit: 253
May 14, 2017, 03:55:42 PM
I wanna be a millionaire so fucking baaad! This will happen if 1 SC becomes $1. I know it's too early to say but we are really early birds on these great crypto decentralized technology. Grin
Activity: 178
May 14, 2017, 01:50:33 PM
Hello guys, tried to fix the 0 balance issue

Now i see some coins, but only the last transaction i've received, not the full allocation
I have the same problem
We really need an update for Sia UI
Activity: 244
May 14, 2017, 11:07:17 AM
Hello guys, tried to fix the 0 balance issue

Now i see some coins, but only the last transaction i've received, not the full allocation
Activity: 896
Merit: 289
Twitter: @BTY_11073
May 13, 2017, 08:24:28 AM
I am syncing Wallet, but it will not be 100% even after more than two days. Is this normal?
Is there a way to synchronize quickly?
May 13, 2017, 05:59:31 AM
It is always good to be on many exchanges and Bittrex with Liqui are good choices (I'm surprised that SC isn't there). Never know when and for what reasons Polo will decide to delist it.
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
May 12, 2017, 09:12:18 PM
Voting has begun to get SC listed on Novaexchange!

https://novaexchange.com/addcoin/

Go vote!

Voted, but we need way more.
sc already inside polo and might be much better to added it up to trex instead, but the more the better so keep casting your vote
for this coin being added to nova as well, value of this coin is rising so make sure you are not left behind.
that is cool.I will do it.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
May 12, 2017, 09:09:32 PM

Go vote!

sc already inside polo and might be much better to added it up to trex instead, but the more the better so keep casting your vote
for this coin being added to nova as well, value of this coin is rising so make sure you are not left behind.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
May 12, 2017, 04:39:28 PM
Does SIA use PoW still? Why it is not PoS? This coin would be x10 now if it used some trendy stuff like masternodes.
Activity: 4
May 12, 2017, 01:05:45 PM

Go vote!

May 12, 2017, 09:40:04 AM
Give SIA time and you'll be rewarded. Personally, it is my favourite project.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
May 12, 2017, 09:06:36 AM
^ Sia's not a counterparty asset for one. :p

It wouldn't be a bad idea to hold a lil bit of all 3 though, they are all more similar than different. I personally like Sia because it's a working stand-alone system that is much cheaper than tradition cloud storage options. I've never tried Storj, I don't like messing with CP assets, it's rather confusing. I remember when I got free Storj but didn't have Xcp to move them out of my counter-wallet. At the time, it would've cost more than it's worth to move them, so I never did. That is my problem with Storj, though being the noob that i am, I'm sure I went about it all wrong so chaulk that up to being retarded lol.

https://themerkle.com/maidsafe-vs-sia-vs-storj/

If/When MaidSafe goes live, they will probably take off too with their plans of decentralized internet and all of that fun stuff. I never invest in Ico's, I'll buy them after though once I know they aren't vaporware.

I think the winner of the "storage wars" (pun intended) will be much like all of the other coins that won out over their peers (Dash, Monero, Eth, Nem, etc etc etc). The winner will be the one that spends the most money/effort on advertising and getting the word out.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 12, 2017, 08:49:23 AM
What is the difference with the storj?
Activity: 63
Merit: 119
May 12, 2017, 08:43:58 AM
can I get the email for the Siacoin team members? I have some proposals.

Coming to our Slack is preferable https://slackin.sia.tech

But you can email me at zach at sia.tech
Activity: 33
May 12, 2017, 03:06:27 AM
can I get the email for the Siacoin team members? I have some proposals.
Jump to: