Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 29. (Read 1382145 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
November 04, 2018, 01:33:48 AM
Here is the Siacoin Calculator used

https://cryptorival.com/calcs/siacoin/#

Well, this can't be correct right? 5 Siacoin Miners with 1 board down. Gives me supposedly at (with 1 board down) 2,450gh at 0.0065582884 Siacoin USD price

This miner actually reminds me of the KnCMiner Jupiters pictured below.

People who ordered it initially had no idea it was going to be a very profitable miner. I think they sold in Aug/Sept 2013 and by then the price of BTC was maybe $150, however in November 2013 when it was delivered it was $1100 and these units I think were able to pull in $500 a day. It was probably the most profitable miners every released and 100% of all customers were satisfied with the ASICs.

yep...Oct 18th, 2013 my first KNC Jupiter. I made about 1 BTC a day and the price that day, if I remember correctly was $150 USD per BTC!

I got this unit with 1/2 paid for knc unit, with sold game of thrones swords (book version...HBO sued them..they pointed out they had permission from the

books to make all weapons etc..HBO had to pay big and crawl to get them on board...lol) anyway, due to the HBO series the swords I had gone up

in value paid for 1/2 ..I was bored and gonna put up the lost gonzo bbs game server again anyway...(big bbs) that was a $75 or so month in electric

cost loss anyway ...again bored...

So I got this KNC Jupiter BTC miner instead. Figured I'd help the newly developed 'microlending' in India and crypto. Did a chart from that 0ct 18th 2013

date..that MAYBE with the gradual difficulty rise, I maybe could pay off the KNC miner in 8 months and maybe, just maybe mine enough for Utilities paid

on the house for say 4-6 months as a bonus. So essentially my entire BTC HODL hoard and altcoins and retire early this last Jan 13th, 2018 (living on altcoins

till full 66 years and take soc security and full traditional stocks etc then..trying to HODL BTC still)

Is due to me being 'bored' and wanting to put up the game server again and did this for 'egalitarian' reasons..microlending in India and of course to not

spend $75 in electric, for the game server hobby out of pocket. So ALL my crypto benefits come from this (1) KNC Jupiter BTC miner that cost me $5,131.80.

It paid its own way electric wise etc as I doubled down in equipment etc since. To generate the crypto I have to retire early and the BTC HOLD hoard.

I'm out of mining MAYBE I THOUGHT by Jan 1st, 2019.

But hell, maybe siatech will get a network up that works ....sillier things have happened ...like my 5 obelisk doorstops from the last 2 months turned

on suddenly now an making $$$ due to a fork and the network going down to like 12% of some such of what it was previously.

Life is odd indeed ..re-reading above

brad
copper member
Clueless!
November 04, 2018, 01:18:28 AM

SiaClassic is thrilled to announce we’ll be collaborating with ActiveAether to use the storage in our network. Led by visionary founder, Robert MacInnis, Ph.D., an expert in distributed systems and a pioneer in fog computing, ActiveAether utilizes processing power on computers across the globe as part of its serverless fog platform. Computer owners are compensated via ActiveAether’s FogCoin cryptocurrency.
https://link.medium.com/AidpFVkGyR

Unless folk can get at least within spitting difference of electric costs on a Bitmain A3 unit at 815gh and 1375 watts or some such. You can count me out.

That would be the majority of blake2b equipment NON-obelisk out in the world IMHO...I figure probably 3/4 of all miners are the Bitmain A3 that could do

Siacoin Classic.

Just saying....willing but don't need a 'space heater' this winter that bad (yet?)

brad

Hi Brad, I understand your concerns but if your not aware the SiaClassic Foundation was created to honor Vorick’s original vision of a completely de-centralized file storage infrastructure, all running on the Sia network. The decision to hard fork the coin is completely counterintuitive to the original vision; that no central actor could make decisions. This hard fork, as planned, will brick the other miners, essentially creating a mining monopoly through Obelisk, which is wholly owned by Vorick and Champine’s corporation, Nebulous. SiaClassic Foundation was formed to ensure the future of Siacoin because it appears that Nebulous is no longer adhering to the original vision for Siacoin. The SiaClassic Foundation, a non-profit organization, has a mission to ensure that there is no one central conglomeration of power, but that development and research takes place in an open and transparent atmosphere.

I don't disagree...but the purpose of siacoin is to have a decentralized anonymous cloud-based storage setup to compete against Amazon Cloud at 10c to the $1.

thus no matter what the fork (even if it copies this vision) unless siacoin and/ solutions or others come up with something like this that WORKS

Siacoin or any of the flavors of forked coin will fail. The price (speculative) is on this particular vision working. I myself am not hearing a lot of folk saying how they are

having fun putting up siatech on HD's and such or minerbox's that make sense to buy..to host cloud storage in anticipation of selling cloud storage nor any of the

supposed 2018 push to start talking about taking on Amazon Cloud as the siatech 2018 timeline states....pretty much nada...deafening silence...zippo...

So you make a coin with a purpose..the purpose is not being pursued or promoted properly (IMHO). What is the basis of Siacoin price based on?

It was an eventual anonymous decentralized network of cloud storage...now....er....that leg of the stool seems to be gone at the present time.

1) speculators on the coin for this vision working "check"

2) ASIC's to run securely this network or in the case of other forks of this network vision "check'

3) an actual working hosting project with a decent user interface and at a cost (equip wise HD's etc) to compete against Amazon Cloud? "er nope"

speculation to determine price is fine...ASIC's for networks security is fine....more coins, forked or otherwise, with the same vision and decentralization fine...

but unless someone comes up with a cost-effective network and marketing plan on how to take on Amazon Cloud price and function wise in the future...the forked or

siacoin has no future ...price or purpose wise...the coin(s) forked or otherwise have to have a purpose rather than 1) its a coin with a plan and 2) secure ASIC network

so again where the hell is the progress on 3) decentralized cost effective anonymous network to compete in the world? Nowhere to be seen in any major way.

or anyway how I see it...

NOTE: disclaimer!

Also, did not figure a Bitmain A3 at 815gh and 1375 watts would fly for any of the forked coins...but was just asking Smiley

by the by I have BENEFITED from the fork...to obelisk only units....in that I would have held BTC anyway, had I not got any...so I need 1.11 BTC to break even in USD

(not so much BTC) but USD to call it a wash. After 2017 'dubious' purchase of 5 Siacoin units (of which 1 board is bad...sigh) Sad So with the 2/3 decline in BTC price

etc, etc, 1.11 of BTC will break me even. 20/20 hindsight wise from what I can figure out. (again, in that I would have been in HODL mode on BTC anyway) Sad

Looking like that MAY just be possible now...even after some of my 5 units have been sitting about as doorstops for as much as 2 months Smiley Its a miracle!

But the reality is ...any siacoin or forked siacoin has to put up or shut up on the vision of the cloud storage...or it all is just so much smoke and mirrors.

That eventually will be realized as all these coins will have dust prices and no worth.

So, with all this out of the way. It is put up or shut up time by SIACOIN or ANY of the forked coins to progress on this path. Again IMHO.

Too bad the $50 ($37.50 with equip deduction 2018) Bitmain A3 unit I got as 'shelf art' is too far in the past to run on the forked coins, or I'd give it a shot.

Alas, I have other 'space heaters' in the basement for winter heat that lose less $$$ than a Bitmain A3! (even at my above price

good luck with your project

brad

Activity: 203
Merit: 102
November 03, 2018, 11:52:18 PM

SiaClassic is thrilled to announce we’ll be collaborating with ActiveAether to use the storage in our network. Led by visionary founder, Robert MacInnis, Ph.D., an expert in distributed systems and a pioneer in fog computing, ActiveAether utilizes processing power on computers across the globe as part of its serverless fog platform. Computer owners are compensated via ActiveAether’s FogCoin cryptocurrency.

Unless folk can get at least within spitting difference of electric costs on a Bitmain A3 unit at 815gh and 1375 watts or some such. You can count me out.

That would be the majority of blake2b equipment NON-obelisk out in the world IMHO...I figure probably 3/4 of all miners are the Bitmain A3 that could do

Siacoin Classic.

Just saying....willing but don't need a 'space heater' this winter that bad (yet?)

brad

Hi Brad, I understand your concerns but if your not aware the SiaClassic Foundation was created to honor Vorick’s original vision of a completely de-centralized file storage infrastructure, all running on the Sia network. The decision to hard fork the coin is completely counterintuitive to the original vision; that no central actor could make decisions. This hard fork, as planned, will brick the other miners, essentially creating a mining monopoly through Obelisk, which is wholly owned by Vorick and Champine’s corporation, Nebulous. SiaClassic Foundation was formed to ensure the future of Siacoin because it appears that Nebulous is no longer adhering to the original vision for Siacoin. The SiaClassic Foundation, a non-profit organization, has a mission to ensure that there is no one central conglomeration of power, but that development and research takes place in an open and transparent atmosphere.
copper member
Clueless!
November 03, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

Siacoin Classic.

brad
copper member
Clueless!
November 03, 2018, 10:58:39 PM

Just a cautionary tale.

Tried to install the Siacoin Wallet 1.37 is it. While I was installing it...for some reason...kept flashing the private keys in the password black box underneath.

When had already put in the seed keys, OK.

No matter what I did, I could not put a password in that black box area. When I would move the mouse outside

of the area (password), the private keys would flash in that box. Finally gave up and tried to re-install.

Cleaned everything out. As far as I know everywhere with registry mechanic etc etc

on reinstall, it still wants a password.

So it seems once you fail to install and it thinks you need a password you can't get rid of everything from the wallet to start over with a new seed

and or password from scratch.

So gonna try it on another laptop. Annoying, however, I mean I used everything cccleaner/registry mechanic/advanced system care etc etc

er no go

anyway, an FYI...in case someone else sees the password not allowing input I saw above...not sure...may have the same issue on the other laptop.

Will let folk know if I have any luck on the other laptop. Both are Windows 10 64 bit units.

As an aside IS THERE ANY LEGIT PAPER WALLET ...I also saw the 'kinda' supported one on git hub..as you can tell from above unless it is an idiot proof

install...I'm usually jinx'd.

GitHub installs usually fail on my confusion on wtf they are asking me to do Sad

Anyway, be aware, once you have a FAIL on the Siacoin Wallet install 1.37..it does not seem to forgive and let you try to be a virgin install again. Even with

your proper seeds.

brad
Activity: 203
Merit: 102
November 03, 2018, 10:14:21 PM

Activity: 350
Merit: 11
November 03, 2018, 09:10:35 PM
The technical strength of Sia coin project is good, and it occupies a place in the field of distributed storage, which deserves investors'attention.
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
November 03, 2018, 09:03:53 PM
It's time to move on, the fork was a success, sia is ready for the next bull run, time to accumulate!
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
November 03, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

Well, this can't be correct right? 5 Siacoin Miners with 1 board down. Gives me supposedly at (with 1 board down) 2,450gh at 0.0065582884 Siacoin USD price

This miner actually reminds me of the KnCMiner Jupiters pictured below.

People who ordered it initially had no idea it was going to be a very profitable miner. I think they sold in Aug/Sept 2013 and by then the price of BTC was maybe $150, however in November 2013 when it was delivered it was $1100 and these units I think were able to pull in $500 a day. It was probably the most profitable miners every released and 100% of all customers were satisfied with the ASICs.

Activity: 286
Merit: 100
in LTC i trust
November 03, 2018, 06:27:55 PM
compared to lot of shit coin with masternodes... i think #Siacoin have a better place... this situation could bring some additional spot light on it... this could be a win win for all to not dump at the moment... and seem that ppl don't want to dump.... after the fork the price is still at 100sat. if we don't break 94sat i remain bullish
Activity: 207
Merit: 1
November 03, 2018, 04:45:54 PM
Too slow for me to buy SIA at 80 Satoshi's prices at Bittrex.
And now the price of SIA is at +100 Satoshi.

I waited too deep at the price of 60 Satoshi, for fear the price would be the same as the RDD and Doge.

You just mentioned it compared the price of sia to RDD and Doge! I don't think the price of sia will follow that trend. To me, RDD and Doge are dead projects. Their use case is pump and dump. I don't expect Sia to follow suit
copper member
Clueless!
November 03, 2018, 02:26:30 PM
Anybody has an idea when the batch 6 will open? Any news about it? Thanks!

I'm still trying to get my head around them selling upgraded boards...Jan 1st.

Supposedly, working with the decred miner base units as well

that would suck...toss out all your cards on your decred doorstops and then think about filling them up with sc1 cards on in 2019 Smiley

Still pondering, if/what/how much Siacoin to move to BTC or not...

I guess the price is gonna depend on if/when or ever..the 4/5ths of NON-obelisk miners decide to sell their Siacoin HODL or not for BTC

on an aside

anyone have any idea how the forked coins sia classic and hyperaccess and the others are doing on their launch?

added: 11/3/18

https://siastats.info/mining

The high on difficulty before the Siacoin Fork was (see above link) all-time high of 100.084 on October 6th, 2018.

The current difficulty as of yesterday 12.4525 (11/2/18)

This means that after the fork the network has dropped down to (by my calcs, feel free to check) that is a decline to 12.44204867910955% from that old

above ATH hash-rate above in this message.

sheesh...

anyway, another aside....was more than a bit shocked!

brad

Activity: 512
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
November 03, 2018, 01:22:08 PM
Any body has an idea when the batch 6 will open? Any news about it? Thanks!
copper member
Clueless!
November 03, 2018, 08:59:39 AM

at 550gh per machine (actual more or less) and 550 watts (more or less) at 10c kWh electric.

Daily $447.75  and Mined: 68,271.64669043

Weekly $3,134.22 and Mined: 477,901.52683299

Monthly $13,432.35 and Mined: 2,048,149.40071280

Yearly $163,426.98 and Mined: 24,919,151.04200600

Again, the daily MIGHT work for today...the rest of above is pretty much fantasy from the calculator.

hmmm...

this can't be correct....but as they say ...interesting.

1 unit fully working is below at 550gh and 550 watts and 10c kWh electric.

Daily $99.19 Siacoin Mined: 15,326.28803255

Weekly $694.36 Siacoin Mined: 107,284.01622781

Monthly $2,975.83  Siacoin Mined: 459,788.64097635

Yearly $36,205.89 Siacoin Mined: 5,594,095.13187890

Again, fantasy ...but much better than the doorstops they were the last couple of months Smiley

We will see...but essentially looking at the above...somewhat befuddled...

so again, what are folk doing...swapping this to BTC ASAP to try and cover ROI or are your in HODL mode for Siacoin?

here also is a beta calculator (not updated) but it shows 'supposedly' the amount of each obelisk batch and other blake2b units from before fork

not sure how reliable it is...but a ballpark idea. This does not show, I suspect the Siacoin miners that siatech employees got for their own use. (the company

is not gonna mine much if any now I guess..but employees got some...i doubt they are in the below figures on the link below)

grain of salt time I guess Smiley Again below calculator does not seem to work, but does, again 'supposedly' give number of obelisk sc1 units in each batch.

there is also the same setup for obelisk decred miners on batch numbers you can toggle.

brad

http://www.sialytics.com/siacoin?state=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
/quote]

and you... tell us... at the moment... are you dumping your siacoin ?

and NON obelisk miner...at the moment...are you dumping your siacoin ?

Unsure myself. Not for last 2+ days. Fishing for what others are thinking 🤔
in LTC i trust
November 03, 2018, 02:35:23 AM

at 550gh per machine (actual more or less) and 550 watts (more or less) at 10c kWh electric.

Again, the daily MIGHT work for today...the rest of above is pretty much fantasy from the calculator.

hmmm...

Again, fantasy ...but much better than the doorstops they were the last couple of months Smiley

so again, what are folk doing...swapping this to BTC ASAP to try and cover ROI or are your in HODL mode for Siacoin?

here also is a beta calculator (not updated) but it shows 'supposedly' the amount of each obelisk batch and other blake2b units from before fork

not sure how reliable it is...but a ballpark idea. This does not show, I suspect the Siacoin miners that siatech employees got for their own use. (the company

is not gonna mine much if any now I guess..but employees got some...i doubt they are in the below figures on the link below)

grain of salt time I guess Smiley Again below calculator does not seem to work, but does, again 'supposedly' give number of obelisk sc1 units in each batch.

there is also the same setup for obelisk decred miners on batch numbers you can toggle.

brad

http://www.sialytics.com/siacoin?state=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
/quote]

and you... tell us... at the moment... are you dumping your siacoin ?

and NON obelisk miner...at the moment...are you dumping your siacoin ?
copper member
Clueless!
November 02, 2018, 11:58:41 PM

hmmm...

brad

in LTC i trust
November 02, 2018, 09:23:47 PM

I waited too deep at the price of 60 Satoshi, for fear the price would be the same as the RDD and Doge.

i don't see fear...the network is safe, no more risk of a bitmain attack, obelisk will not attack and distroy them self... i don't think. investor have giftcoin (siaclassi, prime,...) i saw some sell fake wall that disappeared... we are, at the moment, in a rage and maybe i'm wrong but i expect a bounce around 94 99sat... if not you are right we maybe go to test another time the bottom ... will see Smiley
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
November 02, 2018, 08:34:17 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 2
November 02, 2018, 07:57:51 PM
why do  sia fans get butt-hurt when someone tries to spot the light on a wrong behavior ? everyone is defending the fork and i am pretty sure most of you do not understand the reason behind it, but it's there. it's stated by the dev on their blog saying;

A majority of Sia’s core contributors and biggest supporters had put large sums of money towards the community ASIC, and many viewed the sudden entrance by Bitmain as a direct attack on the community, believing the best course of action was a decisive hardfork to brick the Bitmain machines but protect the Obelisk machine

the fork was mainly done to brick Inno and Bitmain asics so that the dev team who are heavily invested obelisk asic can protect their investment in the mining world.

the story is there , it is simple and everyone can read it. Sia dev team came up with a great project , they did a great work in raising the price making use of the last bull run. sold a huge amount of their hodlings for a good amount of fiat , re-invested that in the Mining world, spend couple millions in their Sc1 miner, things were starting to look so bright for the devs / investors . only for a little while before Bitmain dropped a bomb "A3" on Sc1 , and not too long after that Inno dropped a bigger bomb "S11" which was technically/economically  impossible for the obelisk team to compete with. so then they had millions of dollars in worthless ASICs , while sia price is not doing any moves due to the overall bear market. so what to do ? !Hardfork! .

i am not hating on SIA as i do believe it is a great project " i am supporting the SIA classic project now" , but if any of you use your common sense, you will understand that this hardfork has no benefits for the project itself.

now unless you are a noob in crypto, or stuck with bunch of obelisk miners then you should understand that a fork which is technically unnecessary is bad for the overall project.

-the Sia community is now split into 4 groups > https://siamining.com/chains.
-the network is more centralized than ever.
-the total hashrate is too small given the bad performance of the SC1 miners (550 GH/S ) as apposed to (3830 + GH/S) for inno S11 which costs much less than the SC1.

the network is now so vulnerable, all what Inno needs to do to perform a 51% attack on sia is about 700  S11s (based on current network hashrate of 4.73 PH/)  that can mine on the new fork.

now if this does not ring a bill in your head, then nothing will. but  i am sure one day you will wake and smell the coffee.

Grin

This loon is Sia Butthurt for real!

Ok bud, every one else is wrong but you., you got it all figured out. Nobody else gets it. Keep on living that dream,

Even got the figures wrong, not sure where people like this come from but my guess is paid bashing, especiually when someone continues rambles on about something they do not understand or cannot get right.
  Why he is still here when he will never understand how it all works and continue to lose making wrong decisions?

not butthurt pal like the butt pirate you are. stick around son and learn what happens. Kiss Kiss
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 6424
be constructive or S.T.F.U
November 02, 2018, 05:05:55 PM

says the newbie Cheesy .  you clearly don't know shit , bought sia ATH and now waiting for moon. good luck  Grin Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: