Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 336. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
May 27, 2016, 04:50:31 PM
I'm looking for some mac support. I downloaded the Pre-release of the Sia beta v0.6.0, and was wondering if there was a GUI app instead? Possibly a previous finalized version for mac? Thanks in advance
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
May 27, 2016, 01:13:58 PM
Hi I'm new here.  I have 42 cards R9 390 nitro 8 gb. I want to ask if someone can help me to setup  for solo mining because I'm girl and  I don't understand what should I do. Smiley  I mining etherium now my friend do everything install and make settings. But now I  want to mining sia but he can't  help me. So I looking for someone  to help me to start solo mining. I will pay if someone want to help me. /Sorry for my bad english/
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
May 25, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
Good question. But I think Sia's aim are more business oriented and they're not concerned about siacoin valuation. The business would automatically establish value for the company, especially if large deals come out in the news. So this to me is a proper investment.

But marketing to businesses is definitely important so I'm also curious if there is a budget for that.

Our goal is to get as many long term users as possible. I think that one of Nxt's biggest shortcomings was that most of their code catered to short term uses. For example, the original Sia crowdfund was actually performed on Nxt, we used it for a short period of time and then we withdrew - our needs for Nxt were temporary.

At the moment our marketing focus is more on getting press hits and organic word-of-mouth growth. The user experience is still choppy, and until we've tuned that up I don't think it makes sense to chase mainstream users - they will get turned away as soon as they download.

On the other hand, we are making attempts at getting press coverage in places like CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph, etc.

We're definitely working hard to grow the ecosystem.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
May 25, 2016, 10:04:10 PM
How large a marketing budget do you guys have? You want to avoid problems NXT has had (great tech, no user growth)

Good question. But I think Sia's aim are more business oriented and they're not concerned about siacoin valuation. The business would automatically establish value for the company, especially if large deals come out in the news. So this to me is a proper investment.

But marketing to businesses is definitely important so I'm also curious if there is a budget for that.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
May 25, 2016, 09:52:57 PM
How large a marketing budget do you guys have? You want to avoid problems NXT has had (great tech, no user growth)
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
May 25, 2016, 05:18:14 PM
how to fix the "siad has stopped responding:1 (undefined)"
sia-ui v. 0.5.2 /win7 x64/8gb ram

the only reason i think is consensus.db reading issue - if you make new consensus-data dir then sia-ui starts well, but from the 1 block and later...
it`s a cure but I got 3G limited internet and no ability to re-download +2gb traffic each launch time  Shocked

This issue has been fixed on the latest branch of the UI.  0.6 does not have a UI release since many API calls changed, breaking compatibility with the UI.  There will be a new UI release around the time of 1.0 or shortly after which will incorporate this bug-fix as well as the new API calls and other UX improvements.

-J
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
May 24, 2016, 09:37:34 PM

the only reason i think is consensus.db reading issue - if you make new consensus-data dir then sia-ui starts well, but from the 1 block and later...
it`s a cure but I got 3G limited internet and no ability to re-download +2gb traffic each launch time  Shocked

This is probably a UI issue. Try running siac from command line instead to see if the daemon is running and synched.
tried, it works, not siac but siad  Wink
then tried to start sia-ui (when siad was running), it works, but freezes in a couple of minutes - siad keeps running
 Huh
buggy release - as always  Cheesy

Check CPU usage of siad after launch and if it seems to be "doing something", just wait. After the last update it took 3 hours to fully launch on my PC. Seems like each new siad version forces a full rescan of the database. The next launch was normal.
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
May 24, 2016, 07:47:39 PM

This is probably a UI issue. Try running siac from command line instead to see if the daemon is running and synched.
tried, it works, not siac but siad  Wink
then tried to start sia-ui (when siad was running), it works, but freezes in a couple of minutes - siad keeps running
 Huh
buggy release - as always  Cheesy
Activity: 247
May 23, 2016, 02:20:27 PM

legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
May 23, 2016, 10:38:09 AM

May 22, 2016, 07:09:44 PM

Yes, but you must have at least 8.4 GH now to be able to find a block each day. You can also use the official miner since it's a little bit faster.

Hi Riseman,

I tried my r390 to mine on win7 with average speed 1000mhs, do you have any idea what's the speed of r390 on linux?
Appreciate for your info.

Thanks.

I don't know but I think there shouldn't be much difference.
May 22, 2016, 04:13:42 PM
Do note however that the developer of gominer has not released any prebuilt binaries and if you download that version you are trusting Riseman to provide a clean version.

Not saying he's necessarily untrustworthy but something to consider since this is crypto after all.
can i use this gominer mine with 0.5.2 beta gui, i mined for about 1 day nothing found.

Yes, but you must have at least 8.4 GH now to be able to find a block each day. You can also use the official miner since it's a little bit faster.
Activity: 173
May 22, 2016, 07:07:57 AM
can i use this  mine with 0.5.2 beta gui, i mined for about 1 day nothing found.
Activity: 173
May 22, 2016, 06:14:40 AM
do i should use verson 0.6,i'm still use 0.5.2 gui for mining.
Activity: 425
May 22, 2016, 04:47:17 AM
Will there be a GUI wallet at the latest version? Just downloaded and found it on CLI.
Thanks.

Will be released next year on Friday!  Cheesy Grin
May 21, 2016, 08:01:13 PM
The Sia wallet is telling me my balance is too low when sending an amount smaller then the balance it shows. What to do?
V. 5.2

Problem was in the UI. Daemon works just fine.

I had the same problem. Had to use an older version to send coins. Then I created a new wallet and it solved the issue. It didn't occur to me to try and use CLI though.
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
May 21, 2016, 02:02:42 PM
Yes devs...

The wallet has got alotof problems.. When i change the wallet's directory, its not working..  Iam always afraid when i click sia wallet exe.. Icant move my wallet other PC.

İts not stable, it seems like giving errors.. İts horrible.. Please work on 0.6 all ur time.. Thanks for you work..
Activity: 425
May 21, 2016, 02:50:04 AM
Just bumping this from the official forum.

That's a great update! So glad I invested in sia right back in the early days on the nxt AE. A real highlight in my portfolio!

can we host files on dynamic ips yet?

"The new expected release date for v0.6.0 is this Friday..........."

Who exactly Friday ?? Next year it?
I do not like your flipping and welfare promises and respectively on people who you trust!
I sell everything!
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
May 20, 2016, 07:21:16 PM
Which hashrate do you have with r9 380/380x? On standart gpu miner r9 380 = 370 mh. It's too low.
Activity: 145
May 20, 2016, 05:24:19 PM
Can someone tell me how to sell my SIA FUND?

Thanks!
Jump to: