Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 335. (Read 1382191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
June 07, 2016, 09:10:19 AM
Hello,
I can't see any hosts in here http://siapul.se/page/network
is it just me, or it's not working at all?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030
June 07, 2016, 07:41:48 AM
Hi I'm new here.  I have 42 cards R9 390 nitro 8 gb. I want to ask if someone can help me to setup  for solo mining because I'm girl and  I don't understand what should I do. Smiley  I mining etherium now my friend do everything install and make settings. But now I  want to mining sia but he can't  help me. So I looking for someone  to help me to start solo mining. I will pay if someone want to help me. /Sorry for my bad english/

Won't your 'friend' get mad, if you start mining something else?! With 42 GPU's, you are making about $130 a day.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
June 07, 2016, 07:00:27 AM
Are Siafunds supported in the latest release of Sia?

Yes, Sia Funds are supported in the CLI of both 0.5.2 and 0.6.0 however they are not supported with any GUI yet

are fees being paid to the 10,000 sia note holders yet?

Yes, but not much since there's not a lot of activity on the network until hosting/renting gets a little easier with the GUI and 1.0

are those payments to sia fund holders visible on any sia blockexplorer?
Activity: 590
Merit: 500
June 07, 2016, 06:28:20 AM
Siacoin price 0.00000117

legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
June 07, 2016, 04:47:37 AM

Yes, Sia Funds are supported in the CLI of both 0.5.2 and 0.6.0 however they are not supported with any GUI yet

Yes, but not much since there's not a lot of activity on the network until hosting/renting gets a little easier with the GUI and 1.0
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
June 07, 2016, 03:59:52 AM
Hi I'm new here.  I have 42 cards R9 390 nitro 8 gb. I want to ask if someone can help me to setup  for solo mining because I'm girl and  I don't understand what should I do. Smiley  I mining etherium now my friend do everything install and make settings. But now I  want to mining sia but he can't  help me. So I looking for someone  to help me to start solo mining. I will pay if someone want to help me. /Sorry for my bad english/
First install Linux (easier to compile gominer) or (far less easy) keep windows
Install sia and let the sync run some hours. Unlock the wallet.
Install git and go.
Then install/compile gominer (you may need to install gcc libs and open cl libs : on windows, this is not easy).
run gominer and wait for the next block found.

Alternative : go with the miner from nebulouslab, but you need to launch one for each gpu : not very user friendly with 42 gpu.

Would it be possible to mine using a VPS?
The most profitable way is to solo mine with AMD GPU.

Do you have a tutorial somewhere to get started with AMD GPU mining? That very same setup can also be used for mining other things if i wanted to right?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
June 07, 2016, 03:14:32 AM
Hi I'm new here.  I have 42 cards R9 390 nitro 8 gb. I want to ask if someone can help me to setup  for solo mining because I'm girl and  I don't understand what should I do. Smiley  I mining etherium now my friend do everything install and make settings. But now I  want to mining sia but he can't  help me. So I looking for someone  to help me to start solo mining. I will pay if someone want to help me. /Sorry for my bad english/
Install git and go.
Then install/compile gominer (you may need to install gcc libs and open cl libs : on windows, this is not easy).

Alternative : go with the miner from nebulouslab, but you need to launch one for each gpu : not very user friendly with 42 gpu.

The most profitable way is to solo mine with AMD GPU.
Activity: 266
June 07, 2016, 03:09:16 AM
Install git and go.

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
June 07, 2016, 12:39:09 AM

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
June 07, 2016, 12:20:26 AM
even though the new wallet was postponed to June 28 , this asset really is off the ceiling .. Im glad that I keep it.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
June 06, 2016, 04:39:49 PM
I have many siacoin in old version of SIA wallet .
I have loaded wallet and all address is empty
legendary
June 06, 2016, 04:34:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
June 06, 2016, 12:35:13 PM
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
June 06, 2016, 09:44:59 AM
Install git and go.

Activity: 445
Merit: 255
June 06, 2016, 09:39:29 AM
Keep mining ethereum before these people decide they have stacked enough coin for their plan and they release the pool software they've been using for the past months.
lol : with 42 gpu one can solomine and find more than a block per day, no need to wait for pool.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 06, 2016, 08:52:11 AM
Hello Siacoin community.

I am trying to understand why I should invest.

If someone could provide me with some facts it would be greatly appreciated.
legendary
June 06, 2016, 03:11:52 AM
Tomorrow 1.0 launch right?

No.

http://forum.sia.tech/topic/185/1-0-update-june-28th-release-with-graphical-ui

Taek  ADMINS 3 days ago

We've decided as a team to delay the 1.0 release until June 28th, for two primary reasons.

We want the 1.0 release to have a GUI.
We want the 1.0 release to have a wallet that unlocks instantly instead of taking 5+ minutes.
For this reason, 1.0 is being delayed, but will be released with both of those features in place. In addition, we should be able to get a number of wallet recovery and consolidation features polished which currently only have weak support.

For developers waiting for a stable API, we plan on having a stable API sooner than June 28th, perhaps as early as June 14th. We appreciate your patience as we take the time to make sure things are done correctly.

v0.6.1 is almost complete, there is a bug that needs to be fixed before we can create the RC, but the first release candidate should be available early next week. The primary feature in v0.6.1 is renter renewing, however we've also fixed a few bugs, fixed a security vulnerability, and made a small number of user experience improvements.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
★ Always strive for the best ★
June 06, 2016, 02:20:05 AM
Tomorrow 1.0 launch right?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
June 05, 2016, 10:19:32 PM
Great trading today for siacoin. It increases to 28% over the weekend. Anticipating version 1.0is quite good for siacoins. More to come with its features. Go Sia.
Activity: 261
May 30, 2016, 06:32:43 PM
Keep mining ethereum before these people decide they have stacked enough coin for their plan and they release the pool software they've been using for the past months.
Jump to: