Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 385. (Read 1382189 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
October 08, 2015, 02:18:39 PM

Is there a sia testnet? How to set the wallet to use it?

Nobody knows?

Still no testnet. We'll probably have one for 0.5.0.

Is there a strong reason that you need one? I can help you set one up but you'll need to recompile Sia with some constants changed.

I need low diff to test miners. Not having a pool, I thought the simple way, without modifying the wallet, was testnet.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
October 08, 2015, 11:47:15 AM
Hey Stop hogging all the METH You Crazy MethHead.      Decentrlized Cloud Storage, what a joke.

"potentially as large as Google or Facebook" if anyone reads that and thinks "really"  (you deserve to loose ALL of your BTC).

Storage should be on the Blockchain, clearly way out of these Devs reaches, if people want to see how real Decentralized on the BLOCKCHAIN is done, they should check out I/OCoin.
But be careful, the posters in that forum are a bunch of little girls.

Wohaa!!! Someone please get the donkey out!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
October 08, 2015, 11:46:15 AM

Storage should be on the Blockchain, clearly way out of these Devs reaches, if people want to see how real Decentralized on the BLOCKCHAIN is done, they should check out I/OCoin.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not... Assuming not, that's insanity. What if five people want to store a couple TB on the blockchain. All of a sudden there is no one who wants to store the blockchain. I'm not betting Sia is going to be bigger than Dropbox, but it's certainly a more feasible and practical way forward than just jamming everything into a the blockchain.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
October 08, 2015, 11:38:51 AM
Looks like this is the death of SIA. I would sell now guys. This coin is an obvious P&D operation. STAY CLEAR!

It's not a p&n.. it just lacks some decent management..

Ouch. We're doing our best. Wallet has come a long way. Database issues now resolved. File renewing will be ready soon (hopefully with an ability to set a 'max price' on your hosts/files). New website should be ready in 2 weeks.

I need to keep reminding everyone. Sia is 'beta', and Sia is 'bleeding edge'. We're the worlds only decentralized storage platform that supports both uploading files and renting out storage space. Development is advancing steadily, we are working out the kinks and improving things every month.

Please, perspective is needed here people! Sia is one of the few crypto projects with a seriously viable business plan for making money in the real world. It passes the Warren Buffet "if you can't understand the business in 5 minutes, don't invest' - Jo Sixpack can understand Sia in 3 minutes - decentralized cloud storage, as a buyer and/or seller - it's that simple!

Sia is one of those rare 'chance of a life-time' opportunities to be part of something potentially as large as Google or Facebook, but it's early days, and I'm actually surprised at the low number of bugs and issues to date.

Perspective people!!

Hey Stop hogging all the METH You Crazy MethHead.      Decentrlized Cloud Storage, what a joke.

"potentially as large as Google or Facebook" if anyone reads that and thinks "really"  (you deserve to loose ALL of your BTC).

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
October 08, 2015, 11:20:10 AM
I am thinking most of the hashing power is on 0.3.3.3 still. I'm pushing out a fix for the miner ASAP.

Taek, when can we expect that?
Thanks!

Basic fix is already on Github in the form of pull requests. Depending, it'll be available sometime between tomorrow and Monday.

Nobody knows?

Still no testnet. We'll probably have one for 0.5.0.

Is there a strong reason that you need one? I can help you set one up but you'll need to recompile Sia with some constants changed.
Activity: 425
October 08, 2015, 10:40:39 AM
Taek, thanks for that update.  Wink

Looking good!

Ya I am getting same error code HTTP 500. I tried all my miners old and new... no luck  Cry

It had a similar problem!?!?
To update any talk about that I did not find anything? How do you solve the problem with HTTP 500?
Greetings!
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
October 08, 2015, 09:00:37 AM
Taek, thanks for that update.  Wink

Looking good!
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
October 08, 2015, 05:19:41 AM

Nobody knows?
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
October 08, 2015, 05:16:46 AM
Looks like this is the death of SIA. I would sell now guys. This coin is an obvious P&D operation. STAY CLEAR!

Ouch. We're doing our best. Wallet has come a long way. Database issues now resolved. File renewing will be ready soon (hopefully with an ability to set a 'max price' on your hosts/files). New website should be ready in 2 weeks.

I need to keep reminding everyone. Sia is 'beta', and Sia is 'bleeding edge'. We're the worlds only decentralized storage platform that supports both uploading files and renting out storage space. Development is advancing steadily, we are working out the kinks and improving things every month.

Please, perspective is needed here people! Sia is one of the few crypto projects with a seriously viable business plan for making money in the real world. It passes the Warren Buffet "if you can't understand the business in 5 minutes, don't invest' - Jo Sixpack can understand Sia in 3 minutes - decentralized cloud storage, as a buyer and/or seller - it's that simple!

Sia is one of those rare 'chance of a life-time' opportunities to be part of something potentially as large as Google or Facebook, but it's early days, and I'm actually surprised at the low number of bugs and issues to date.

Perspective people!!
Activity: 280
From Russia with love
October 08, 2015, 05:06:26 AM
Anyone mining on a R9 270?
Miner keeps crashing on me
OK. fixed crashing but now i get: 0 blocks minedcurl did not receive correct bytes (got zu, expected 112)
Activity: 280
From Russia with love
October 08, 2015, 04:51:01 AM
Can you still mine this or just buy it?

Edit: Okay i found a gpu miner
October 08, 2015, 02:33:21 AM
I am thinking most of the hashing power is on 0.3.3.3 still. I'm pushing out a fix for the miner ASAP.

Taek, when can we expect that?
Thanks!
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
October 08, 2015, 02:25:06 AM

Start miner sia-gpu-miner.exe but after initialization give me a message "Mining 0.000MH/s  0 blocks mined HTTP error 500" and do not wants to start mining.

Nobody can help!
?!?!..We will obviously wait for new version GUI wallet 0.4.4  Grin
Ya I am getting same error code HTTP 500. I tried all my miners old and new... no luck  Cry

I wonder if all the hashing power we see lately is on older version wallets? Either it is, or there is a new working miner that hasn't been released to the rest of us yet  Grin

Happy 4 months SIA  Grin

Anyway, is there any updated status for mining pool? Just pretty hard to find a block now.

Regards.
Just hoping to hear back from ocminer perhaps with a suprnova pool.... longshot... but would be very nice.

I am making a mining pool next week.  Kiss
legendary
October 08, 2015, 12:28:06 AM
Happy 4 months SIA  Grin

Anyway, is there any updated status for mining pool? Just pretty hard to find a block now.

Regards.
Just hoping to hear back from ocminer perhaps with a suprnova pool.... longshot... but would be very nice.
legendary
October 08, 2015, 12:25:02 AM
Start miner sia-gpu-miner.exe but after initialization give me a message "Mining 0.000MH/s  0 blocks mined HTTP error 500" and do not wants to start mining.

Nobody can help!
?!?!..We will obviously wait for new version GUI wallet 0.4.4  Grin
Ya I am getting same error code HTTP 500. I tried all my miners old and new... no luck  Cry

I wonder if all the hashing power we see lately is on older version wallets? Either it is, or there is a new working miner that hasn't been released to the rest of us yet  Grin
October 07, 2015, 10:04:09 PM
Start miner sia-gpu-miner.exe but after initialization give me a message "Mining 0.000MH/s  0 blocks mined HTTP error 500" and do not wants to start mining.

Nobody can help!
?!?!..We will obviously wait for new version GUI wallet 0.4.4  Grin
legendary
October 07, 2015, 08:43:03 PM
Hey guess what  Roll Eyes

today is exactly 4 months since SIAcoin launch  Smiley happy 4 month anniversary!

Look how far this project has come since then. I remember mining test net with a CPU lol

Taek and the rest of the dev team, Great job thus far  Wink
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
October 07, 2015, 08:31:03 PM

Are you nuts? lol I am thinking about buying up 10 more mil while the gett'n is still good  Grin

This project is doing just fine. Great strides are being made in its development.

Couldn't agree more. It has such huge potential. Once they actually launch the publicity campaign people will find out exactly what this is and the price and use will spike. Before that happens they definitely have to weave out the bugs.

The price of the coin aside.. these guys are pioneers (it's never been about the price, it's about all the doors this opens up for an open decentralized democratic internet).
legendary
October 07, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
Are you nuts? lol I am thinking about buying up 10 more mil while the gett'n is still good  Grin

This project is doing just fine. Great strides are being made in its development.
legendary
October 07, 2015, 07:47:49 PM
So far I am really like 4.3  Smiley BAD bugs seem fixed.

However I am also having problems with my miner that did work with 4.2 and 3.3.3 sooooo...... not a big deal personally as I am not mining Sia atm. But would like to see it work just the same ... I may want to resume mining lol
Jump to: