Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 386. (Read 1382189 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
October 07, 2015, 03:37:17 PM
Looks like this is the death of SIA. I would sell now guys. This coin is an obvious P&D operation. STAY CLEAR!

Blazin.. I've seen too much fud from you on quite a few projects.. I now welcome you to my ignore list.

It's not a p&n.. it just lacks some decent management..
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
October 07, 2015, 03:35:27 PM
Is there a sia testnet? How to set the wallet to use it?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
October 07, 2015, 03:08:50 PM
Looks like this is the death of SIA. I would sell now guys. This coin is an obvious P&D operation. STAY CLEAR!
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
October 07, 2015, 03:12:17 AM
At least several dozen times I said in previous posts, but no one believed! Nobody was able to help! These funds are not returned in my wallet, and in no way able to find them.

For some reason I thought your issue had been resolved. Can you provide the chain of events that led to the misplacement of coins?

Remember that coins will display as 0 until you unlock the wallet.

What ever! I did not write back one hour. I'm oblivious these 1000000 SC.
Currently I have a problem with the new GUI wallet 0.4.3.
Start new wallet and wait to be completely synchronized / block 18737 /, then unlock. Start miner sia-gpu-miner.exe but after initialization dont me a message "Mining 0.000MH/s  0 blocks mined HTTP error 500" and wants to start digging.
My *.bat file content:

@echo off
setx GPU_DEVICE_ORDINAL ""
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

start sia-gpu-miner -p 0 -d 0 -I 23 -C 25
start sia-gpu-miner -p 0 -d 1 -I 23 -C 25

What is this error and what to do to get things rolling?
Thanks!

That's what talk:

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
October 06, 2015, 11:55:06 PM
Yeah, new wallet loaded up quick, connecting nicely to peers.
legendary
Activity: 2198
October 06, 2015, 09:47:58 PM
I have been sending large blocks of Sia coin up to Poloniex this afternoon, taking advantage of this very nice network hash rate. Never seen confirmation so quickly!  Wink

This is more like it  Cool lol

Ps: Only moving coins in anticipation of new Sia version releases and not so distant fork.... Not dumping! just a safety precaution  Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
October 06, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
Glad to see the database corruption issue is resolved. Of course the database corruption does not cause lost coins, but the troubleshooting people tried may have led to other problems.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
October 06, 2015, 09:30:23 AM
At least several dozen times I said in previous posts, but no one believed! Nobody was able to help! These funds are not returned in my wallet, and in no way able to find them.

For some reason I thought your issue had been resolved. Can you provide the chain of events that led to the misplacement of coins?

Remember that coins will display as 0 until you unlock the wallet.
Activity: 425
October 05, 2015, 05:59:43 AM
when ~ you will planing to release new wallet?
Thanks!

looks like version on github is already 0.4.3 (https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia), should new releases should be soon

New versions are being released like hot bread at a bakery yet peoples lost funds are not being addressed.

Has anyone actually lost funds on 0.4.x?
I've not seen it yet.

It was a known issue in 0.3.x but that should all be gone now.

legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
October 05, 2015, 05:25:19 AM
Thanks!

looks like version on github is already 0.4.3 (https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia), should new releases should be soon

New versions are being released like hot bread at a bakery yet peoples lost funds are not being addressed.

Has anyone actually lost funds on 0.4.x?
I've not seen it yet.

It was a known issue in 0.3.x but that should all be gone now.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
October 05, 2015, 05:11:24 AM
Thanks!

When you are solo mining, you need to regularly save your wallet properly (stop the daemon and save the wallet.dat, or directly type the right command in console mode) to be sure that the mined coins which are linked to new generated adresses are taken into account.
Otherwise it could be tricky to recover these.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
October 05, 2015, 02:17:03 AM
Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
October 05, 2015, 12:22:54 AM
"Each siacoin is composed of 10^24 indivisible units."

Why on earth would you want this? Considering the reward is 300.000 with 1 decreasing each block...

When uploading files the pricing is per byte so you must be able to divide the coins to very precise values to be able to accurately represent all price points.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
October 04, 2015, 11:24:22 PM
i have some coins in a wallet from the initial client that was buggy (Version 0.3.3.3) that I'm waiting to import into the next stable version. Is it safe to still send coins to the address from that 0.3.3.3 wallet? I'm pretty sure it would be OK, but I want to check just in case.

No not safe.. it's all still very buggy.. just being honest.

I mined two blocks had 593 ks or something.. then tried to send from wallet 3.3.3 to new wallet gave me an error too large a transaction then wiped my balance to zero.

after weeks of trying I was some how able get it to show some coins but half my coins were lost, never sent and not in original wallet.

I ended sending the remaining coins to an exchange in increments and will leave it there until it all works.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030
October 04, 2015, 06:48:28 PM
"Each siacoin is composed of 10^24 indivisible units."

Why on earth would you want this? Considering the reward is 300.000 with 1 decreasing each block...
Activity: 247
October 04, 2015, 06:37:15 PM
Thanks!

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 04, 2015, 03:40:34 AM
Thanks!
Activity: 264
October 03, 2015, 11:52:04 PM
i have some coins in a wallet from the initial client that was buggy (Version 0.3.3.3) that I'm waiting to import into the next stable version. Is it safe to still send coins to the address from that 0.3.3.3 wallet? I'm pretty sure it would be OK, but I want to check just in case.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
October 03, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
hi, sorry to be a pita, how exactly does one use this command  `./siad --help`

i stuck it in the cmd window with no joy
dragged the miner into the cmd window, deleted the miner.exe bit of the end and replaced it with that quote with no joy amongst many other combos
i feel sure this is basics im mesing up but perhaps you could give a full example of how to use it please?

thanks

on Windows it's 'siad.exe'. You drag the 'siad' binary into the command prompt, and end up with something like C:\stuff\siad.exe --help
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
October 03, 2015, 02:56:37 PM
hi, sorry to be a pita, how exactly does one use this command  `./siad --help`

i stuck it in the cmd window with no joy
dragged the miner into the cmd window, deleted the miner.exe bit of the end and replaced it with that quote with no joy amongst many other combos
i feel sure this is basics im mesing up but perhaps you could give a full example of how to use it please?

thanks

You would only use the dot-slash on linux. It sounds like you're using windows, where you would use a backslash or nothing. Try '.\siad --help' or just 'siad --help'.
Jump to: