Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 41. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
September 14, 2018, 05:43:43 PM
how is this project still relevant when there's projects that offer the same services as an extra, on top of other things like interoperability, cloud computing, fog, ...? I mean Sia was one of the first coins i bought but it doesnt look like theres gonna be a light at the end of the tunnel

maybe someone would answer if you'd be more specific?

Well, I was specific in an above quote. (er....than again, maybe everyone does not have a clue how this will play out either) Sad

In the case fork happens and only Obelisks remain, you'll mine 20.5 million SCs divided by number of Obelisks. Happy?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
September 14, 2018, 04:48:27 PM
how is this project still relevant when there's projects that offer the same services as an extra, on top of other things like interoperability, cloud computing, fog, ...? I mean Sia was one of the first coins i bought but it doesnt look like theres gonna be a light at the end of the tunnel

Well, I was specific in an above quote. (er....than again, maybe everyone does not have a clue how this will play out either) Sad

Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
September 14, 2018, 03:25:38 PM

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining
September 14, 2018, 02:54:21 PM
copper member
Clueless!
September 14, 2018, 02:21:23 PM
Since 1st (of 5) Siacoin miners arrived.

Now 15 days in the box. (doorstop status)

FYI.

Also having a hard time getting my head around the fact that EVEN if Siacoin forks, with all the siacoins in existence (say 10x what the devs originally envisioned) how is that gonna

be profitable with their decentralized anonymous cloud storage network? Seems a stretch. All them ASIC's with the fork...mining even more Siacoin, just replacing the surge of

Bitmain D3 miners that are off. So, I don't get the hype that this is gonna save ROI on these units. Not a slam. I just don't understand how this is 'supposed' to play out if Siacoin forks.

brad
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
September 14, 2018, 01:17:20 PM

Sia - a strong project. I think he will reward the holders.
Yes, in principle, this no one has no doubt, and while it is possible to buy cheap coins, I think you need to do it and wait for a more prosperous time.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 12:11:17 AM
Very detailed presentation on the project. Do I have a question that this memory is capable of self-replication of data security or can notify the user when a virus attack? Software or intrusion alert strange outsiders have always been integrated with the memory.
Activity: 122
September 09, 2018, 03:35:34 PM
Sia Community Update – August 2018

August was busy and there’s lots of good info about Sia in here, but also because this is the 12th community

https://blog.sia.tech/sia-community-update-august-2018-5ab25b48c5fe

Thanks for the link.

The following is the latest update regarding the fork:
The Fork Proposal
Just a quick update on the community proposal submitted by FaustianAGI on Reddit about a month ago.

As of right now, the Sia and Obelisk teams are both in favor of forking, and the Sia core devs are working on a detailed proposal. That’s it for now. (sorry!)

It seems the details and the date for the coming fork are still not confirmed.
Not sure if it is going to happen by the end of this month.

If it will happen, lets make it happen asap, cause we are talking only about this fckn fork, doorstop or whatever we will call it

Sia needs a quick development after the fork and the final cloud storage product to be lunched on the market, if not, Sia will remain a shitcoin in a row

I agree. I have non-obelisk ASICs but I also own a bunch of SC.
The Sia team REALLY needs to focus on the development of the project itself, instead of the coin or ASICs
I'm ready for whatever it takes.

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
September 08, 2018, 03:16:16 PM

August was busy and there’s lots of good info about Sia in here, but also because this is the 12th community

Sia - a strong project. I think he will reward the holders.
copper member
Clueless!
September 08, 2018, 03:13:59 PM
Meanwhile, not working network that makes sense to invest $$ equipment wise for HD's and participate. No Siacoin network fork. But hey, I got my Obelisk SC-1 ASIC doorstop,

day 9, still in the box, unopened. No reason to run it at a $1 a day loss over electric. (but who's counting, days, right?) sob! (live and learn)

a buddy did turn it on to see if they work at the data hall....not impressed..no way to set settings the watts are correct (500w) but it only mines

at 500gh, not the 800gh they said originally...worse yet, no way to do any settings ..it is all locked in..thus can't overclock or underclock ...or anything

you plug it in and it runs as it runs...luck of the draw...

so again, this is day 8  (back in the box/off) just thought folk would like to know what is what...

by the by ..at the 'supposed' 550gh they can do with 2 boards...IF they simply would have shipped 3 boards to a miner (one slot is empty) they would make

the approx 800gh they stated (at probably around 750 watts) ..but still..instead they seemed to go the 'cheap' route and pulled a board..charged us the same price

and said they would make a firmware fix to get to 800mh..whatcha wanna bet..they are simply gonna overclock the hell out of the 2 boards.

now, that really would suck, if you CAN'T MODIFY THE SETTINGS IN ANY MANNER...maybe your piece of crap obelisk CAN'T mine in overclocked mode

on 2 boards when they make the firmware/software mods ..supposedly...

myself, if the settings are locked... I'm simply going to make them 3 board units .....with what I've seen so far ..that would leave me with 3 units vs 5 units..

in that at this rate I imagine one board will be sh*t anyway..if not then I'll have a 1 board unit...but again...not impressed at all

brad

(again, back in the box/off 9 days since arrival...in doorstop mode)

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
September 08, 2018, 02:56:14 AM
Waiting with impatience for result of Ledger announcement - SIA hardware wallet app.  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
September 06, 2018, 09:35:06 PM
Distributed storage has a huge space for future development, Sia project team needs to strengthen the market publicity, Sia project development is worthy of investors'expectations.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
September 05, 2018, 06:58:19 AM

Thanks for the link.

The Fork Proposal
Just a quick update on the community proposal submitted by FaustianAGI on Reddit about a month ago.

As of right now, the Sia and Obelisk teams are both in favor of forking, and the Sia core devs are working on a detailed proposal. That’s it for now. (sorry!)

If it will happen, lets make it happen asap, cause we are talking only about this fckn fork, doorstop or whatever we will call it

Sia needs a quick development after the fork and the final cloud storage product to be lunched on the market, if not, Sia will remain a shitcoin in a row
September 05, 2018, 12:10:14 AM

Thanks for the link.

The Fork Proposal

Activity: 546
Merit: 128
September 04, 2018, 12:38:47 PM

copper member
Clueless!
September 03, 2018, 01:13:07 PM
Already in a wait-and-see mode, expecting that it will be the last few days for my non-obelisk ASICs mining on the Sia chain.
Assuming most of the Bitmain A3s have already been shut down - because of the more efficient ASICs (i.e. Innosilicon [email protected]/1200W).
With the network hash rate at 88018TH/s at the moment, which means that there are roughly 20,808 units of S11 or equivalent ASICs to be shut off. This is epic.
Hopefully the Blake2b miners can be used to mine something else.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4560833.40;topicseen

The above link is the only other blake2b coin, and it is a 'longshot' the only other 'longshot' is the Siacoin fork proposal by SiaTech.

We will be the first to know, I guess...

brad
September 03, 2018, 09:09:31 AM
Already in a wait-and-see mode, expecting that it will be the last few days for my non-obelisk ASICs mining on the Sia chain.
Assuming most of the Bitmain A3s have already been shut down - because of the more efficient ASICs (i.e. Innosilicon [email protected]/1200W).
With the network hash rate at 88018TH/s at the moment, which means that there are roughly 20,808 units of S11 or equivalent ASICs to be shut off. This is epic.
Hopefully the Blake2b miners can be used to mine something else.
copper member
Clueless!
September 02, 2018, 03:22:02 PM

Got my 1st of 5 doorstops on Friday August 31st, 2018.

Thus it was sent to the data hall (buddy) to sit in the box with the other 5 when they arrive, along with the buddies 5 or more.

Without the fork we are not even gonna bother to play with them, or open the box....the coin has to fork or there is no point.

At my data hall rates of rent and electric, it comes out to 14c kWh.

Using this Siacoin calculator https://minecalc.com/coin/SC#

That is a NEGATIVE -0.76c per day loss! (x 5 units is) $3.80 a day x 30 days = $114.00 a month (today's rates) LOSS.

That is better than a few days ago when I had a NEGATIVE -0.92c per day figure loss! (x 5 units is) $4.60 x 30 days = $138 a month (a few days ago) LOSS.

1 hour    -4.22597924    -0.03    
1 day    -101.42350177    -0.76    
1 week    -709.96451242    -5.33   
1 month    -3,042.70505321    -22.85    
1 year    -37,019.57814737 -278.04

So yeah, a NEGATIVE  -0.76c loss is better than the previous few days than the NEGATIVE -0.92c loss.

But without the fork, again, they are not gonna even leave the box. No reason to just tossing money away to mine Siacoin at this point with these units.

The fork must happen, or my 5 obelisk's will be a novelty, unopened, when they trip over them on my passing in the attic (hopefully years from now) Sad

later

brad

September 02, 2018, 01:29:40 PM
Does anyone know when the Fork will be happening?
I am wondering how long my Blake2b miners can be used before the fork.
I don't see this date is confirmed anywhere.
Thanks in advance.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
September 02, 2018, 09:01:36 AM
I wonder if the pump will be further in the market, which began recently. In addition, sia was added with usdt t pair on Poloniex.
Pages:
Jump to: