Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 43. (Read 1382189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
August 28, 2018, 02:41:58 PM

MineCalc supports the cryptocurrency Siacoin which means to all Siacoin lovers that they can compute their estimated mining profit.

Calculate Now: Minecalc.com/coin/SC
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
August 28, 2018, 10:27:23 AM
Going through a hard fork to exclude Bitmain and exclusive their own Obelisk miners is dumb.  First, it's probably illegal due to it being a monopoly and it is using anti-compete tactics.  It's kind of like if Microsoft changed their code so that Netscape wouldn't work as well in Windows vs Internet Explorer.  Oh, wait that was a real thing that happened and Microsoft was fined and restricted for years because of it. 

That said, nobody from the Government is going to bother to investigate this.  So, they can do it and get away with it.

But will it matter?  The guy with the lowest power cost will earn all the tokens, and the rest of the Obelisk owners will still operate at a loss. 

Further, Bitmain might just tweak their design to support whatever new algo that Sia comes up with.  The Sia team operate slowly.  By the time they announce a fork and what they are forking too, everyone will be adjusting their miners and tools to be ready for it.  If they want to bother.  The price of these tokens has been in the toilet lately anyway.

Maybe instead of concentrating their efforts on hardware miners, and forks, they work on making the application something that people actually want to use. 

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
August 26, 2018, 02:07:41 PM
I don really understand what you are talking about and i dont even know what Forking means but i have Antminer A3 standing in my room turned off because electricity costs here more than i earn from it

sooo i want to know if there are chances that i can use it and earn something after forking ?

because im about only 30%  ROI from what i have payed for them Smiley

or any ideas what to do with them now or later or any time or any where if i dont have free or really low cost electricity

THX

Sorry, the reason for the fork of siacoin is to go back to the 'original' vision of having an ASIC network for the siacoin decentralized anonymous cloud storage network

at a supposed price of 10c to Amazon Clouds $1 rate of pay. (as an example of what they want)

The 'catch' is Obelisk expected to provide the ONLY units to run on this network and use siacoin as a token as such to run this ASIC vision

They were 'naive' and Bitmain and others have blown up siacoin difficulty and price vs elec for ANY ASIC that none of them of any brand can make money on Siacoin now

due to again the electric cost vs what siacoin is worth

So Sia-Tech is left with the result that the ASIC's they made are worthless (along with Bitmain and others) thus HOW ARE THEY TO RUN THIS ASIC NETWORK NOW?

No way to do so unless they go back to the original vision and make their OBELISK's the ONLY units that can run their tokens for such ..thus a fork and a new coin to do

so.

This MAY NOT WORK, indeed they still have to convince a skeptical public that their vision of cloud storage can work and be safe and well run. This whole cluster

has not helped their image any.

Thus to a Bitmain Siacoin Miner...all, this makes no difference. You mined the hell out of Siacoin for a year before these units came out and they are now defunct.

Supposedly, you've made your profits as such. The current setup has to be done, and no way can it be done on siacoin anymore and make it worth even turning

on a siatech network using that coin...so, they have to do a fork IMHO or just scrap the whole cloud mining vision

still long odds after this cluster IMHO...but without the network ..they have zip as a company at this point in time....all because they thought a year ago at this

point in time they'd have the only ASIC's to use the siacoin network....again naive...now they have to fix this cluster or the whole project is doomed.

anyway, my take on this

brad
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
August 26, 2018, 03:40:49 AM
I don really understand what you are talking about and i dont even know what Forking means but i have Antminer A3 standing in my room turned off because electricity costs here more than i earn from it

sooo i want to know if there are chances that i can use it and earn something after forking ?

because im about only 30%  ROI from what i have payed for them Smiley

or any ideas what to do with them now or later or any time or any where if i dont have free or really low cost electricity

THX
Activity: 74
August 25, 2018, 12:34:58 PM
I just need a big announcement to rebound. If you have read everything, the project has not started marketing now. The priority is to help the obelisk buyer for now and advance on plateform. You cannot make this kind of project in one month. When in vain will begin to approach the company and start is marketing.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT   there are plans for a Hard Fork and i am excited  Grin Grin Grin

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSbeNaLNsGfK-R3qYeRFvtMCd8phUbnv6SQwniXngu12j_GveSZAFmX4d_5FpHAz7mWQJQkZD1y6sl8/pub

Its a plan not sure yet but Hope it Will we are going to the Moon SIA

I don't know if this soft fork will be good or bad for SC, but I am sure that will be a milestone that will change the future for SC development and implementation

Only that can do at this point is to wish good luck to the devs
From the beginning I believed that Sia is a great project and also has many thriving here. with a plan in the next month hard fork indicates its existence that the Sia is still continuing to innovate to do development against the projects.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
August 25, 2018, 12:21:09 PM

yes
we need the final product asap and a big marketing to spread the word
I think that the final product of any project would like to see a lot of community cryptocurrency. But the truth is that we have to wait and hope for many years, and the results I think are known to all.

in the meantime the technology is changing and growing a lot, SIA has to put the final product on the market ASAP cause if we will wait "years" there will be nothing to do for this potentially great project

I think they must be do a hard fork so price will increase and problems can be solfed.

give me your toughts?  what will the price be if there comes a hard fork.

A hardfork will eliminate the asic miner dumpers but will generate for sure new dumpers, cause the obelisks are also consuming a lot of W per hour
But in total there will be less miners, it can go up, but lower than those prices we are seeing will not go
Activity: 66
August 25, 2018, 12:15:43 PM

yes
I think that the final product of any project would like to see a lot of community cryptocurrency. But the truth is that we have to wait and hope for many years, and the results I think are known to all.

in the meantime the technology is changing and growing a lot, SIA has to put the final product on the market ASAP cause if we will wait "years" there will be nothing to do for this potentially great project

I think they must be do a hard fork so price will increase and problems can be solfed.

give me your toughts?  what will the price be if there comes a hard fork.
August 25, 2018, 08:46:16 AM

yes

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340
August 24, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

yes
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining
August 24, 2018, 07:15:11 AM
I just need a big announcement to rebound. If you have read everything, the project has not started marketing now. The priority is to help the obelisk buyer for now and advance on plateform. You cannot make this kind of project in one month. When in vain will begin to approach the company and start is marketing.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT   there are plans for a Hard Fork and i am excited  Grin Grin Grin

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSbeNaLNsGfK-R3qYeRFvtMCd8phUbnv6SQwniXngu12j_GveSZAFmX4d_5FpHAz7mWQJQkZD1y6sl8/pub

I don't know if this soft fork will be good or bad for SC, but I am sure that will be a milestone that will change the future for SC development and implementation

It can be a soft or hard fork but a hard fork is more likely.

Good luck to the dev team we will stuck behind you.

From what I can gather you can hard fork the coin...I see no way you could then 'reverse' the hard fork later on or some other kind of gizmo..these forks would live on

regardless...better to just fork...be done with it and see how it goes.

Even with a fork and decentralized network anonymous and cloud storage at 10c to $1 Amazon Cloud prices, you still need to show it can be done. So far this has

NOT seemed to be the case in any format on whatever has been touched by these folk.

Also, WHERE IS THE PROMOTION, that they are gonna compete with Amazon Cloud, with anonymous and decentralized at the above-stated prices etc?

IF no one knows about this, damn hard to get market share from Amazon Cloud.

Fork or no fork this whole project is still a long shot (mostly from them shooting selves in the foot)

hope I'm wrong.

brad

yes

I also get why a fork might draw a lot of attention but whats it really going to matter if the product isnt finished and user friendly? Are there even real life cases of sia being used other than for speculation?
August 23, 2018, 03:42:48 AM

From what I can gather you can hard fork the coin...I see no way you could then 'reverse' the hard fork later on or some other kind of gizmo..these forks would live on

Even with a fork and decentralized network anonymous and cloud storage at 10c to $1 Amazon Cloud prices, you still need to show it can be done. So far this has

NOT seemed to be the case in any format on whatever has been touched by these folk.

Also, WHERE IS THE PROMOTION, that they are gonna compete with Amazon Cloud, with anonymous and decentralized at the above-stated prices etc?

Fork or no fork this whole project is still a long shot (mostly from them shooting selves in the foot)

hope I'm wrong.

brad

yes
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
August 22, 2018, 07:43:31 PM

hope I'm wrong.

brad
Activity: 28
August 22, 2018, 08:19:44 AM
Can someone give a quick rundown on what has happened?

They have persuaded you to buy some expensive ASIC miners they now want to scrap. Right?

Also, what is the link between CPU/GPU/ASIC mining and cloud storage they advertise?

Also, their block explorer is so tricky, I can understand nothing.
August 22, 2018, 08:08:24 AM

August 22, 2018, 06:33:52 AM

August 21, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

Activity: 128
August 21, 2018, 02:40:03 PM
StealthPay allows you to buy Sia with PayPal. Here are some easy steps to go:

1) Get a Stealth (XST) address on Bittrex.com
2) Go to www.stealthpay.com
3) Click on "Buy Stealth", fill in the relevant fields and click "Order Now".
4) In the "Payment Method" choose PayPal payment method.
5) Follow the displayed instructions.
6) After you receive your Stealth (XST), sell them on Bittrex against BTC.
7) Buy Sia.

StealthPay
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
August 20, 2018, 09:47:49 PM
Activity: 112
August 20, 2018, 01:07:50 PM
Please tell us which security system is used to store Sia? Is it always safe?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 20, 2018, 12:53:41 PM
Ive been a Sia supporter since it was on the exchanges at 6sats..
I really think people like taek are trying to do the very best for this space. I don't know where or why the obelisk miners came into the scene, I see the justification is that they will help strengthen the network. this is why I decided to buy 2, and participate. But with all the time, VC funding and effort going into Sia. I think the best choices will be made in the end. I just hope not at the influence of their VC funders wanting a quick exit strategy.

So you think the price will rise again?

Why not man.. according to paranoid mental John mcaffee bitcoin will goto some astronomical price.. and as that support wavers it will be all dumped into alt coins.. Sia sits at a low amount of sats which means somebody can buy a truck full.. I shouldn't have sold at the price I did.. if I kept now I would have 300bitcoins when I brought at 6sats.

Thats gambling, not investing. Buying a coin because its cheap is no strategy, especially not with sia. Sure, its a good project with a very capable team, but they're bringing a solution to a problem is already being solved by other projects, who offer a lot more than just storage.

That is exactly my point of view. Sia was on bubble train in 2017 and made a lot of people rich just because of crypto craze. I'm not saying that sia isn't good, it is good project, but competition is growing everyday.
Pages:
Jump to: