Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 45. (Read 1382189 times)

copper member
Activity: 449
Merit: 2
web3 developer | Youtuber
August 14, 2018, 02:09:49 AM
I accidentally got into this project. I'm interested to see how the developers fulfill their stated goals.

Hehe...
Its just 77 Sat Now. what is  going on DEV Team are they making any suspense or any hard fork which is not coming in the picture  Wink
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
August 11, 2018, 08:28:55 PM
Sia light have made some people rich or even millionaires if they bought in 2015-2016, but I think the best is gone, so many projects provide storage on the side of their main business, so i think they're going to overtake sia when the next bull run starts
Sia is a good coin, really in those days, many have earned well. Apparently had a fun time. But maybe it will happen again, so now I buy slowly. Smiley

I cant stop you but i wouldn't buy Sia again. The only way I could see this coin go back up in value is if Bitcoin would shoot up again. If that does happen (and I think it will), lots of other alts will go up at least twice as fast.

same people behind this coin didn't they buy poloniex...no where else they will list this dogshit? Smiley weee

well again.. I got 5 of these..obeslisk sc-1 siacoin units ..(really, really needed the equip deduction in 2017) so I'm down 1.11 BTC or

about $4,550 usd if you count it in that manner from 2017...with what my tax rate was 41% and equipment deduction 1 year all of

25% off...thus down only 34% ...after the fact for risk.... But again, at the time, for me anyway, these

ASIC's ONLY had to make 34% of their cost back for me to break even, after electric. So it 'seemed' prudent....alas..not so much...

I'd taken worse bets and won..but not this time...

The only thing left is CAN my FREE (1) decred miner I got for (5) obelisk sc-1 1/2 off coupons....make any money by the time it

'supposedly' ships at the end of this month? (Very, very unlikely, in that they have not even got the sc-1's into the world yet)

Or will be a 'novelty' a free obelisk decred miner, for *5* 1/2 off coupons* cost me zip...and THIS DECRED MINER IS UNLIKELY TO

PAY FOR ELECTRIC TO RUN IT AS WELL, WHEN i GET IT. At again, a cost of nothing, including shipping. Sheesh...

I got to admit they really, really are batting ZERO on everything consistently ...that is what happens when Bitmain 'curses you'

By having a product 7 months previous to yours...they have really screwed the pooch for themselves...I can't see the company

surviving, because I see no way of them having a legit working (able to compete against Amazon Cloud) solution after this cluster...

they likely will just declare bankruptcy and walk after the units are shipped like BFL and let the corporation take the fall...by showing

they shipped even a 'worthless' product..they can claim they just f*cked up and thus avoid fraud...at  no risk to themselves or their

personal property. Indeed, at this point, not taking refunds, it is the only way forward without significant legal risk, again IMHO.

the fat ASIC has sung, and the opera is done....kaput...

alas, live and learn,

brad

i'm talking to developers now ~ we will pull a rabbit from somewhere..it's going to be a few more weeks tho' Wink 

((((stay tuned)))

we'll see what happens but i dont believe people will invest in sia when they could also invest in projects like vechain, stratis, sonm, aion, ... all coins that today are dirtcheap but their potential is up in the tens of billions each
No one knows, in the past the Bitcoin no price at all.. but see now we never thought the price would be like now. SIA is included in a robust platform where he survived for many years, I still think there is hope for the future, with the hard work of the team development project I hope the project will be successful.
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining
August 11, 2018, 08:49:18 AM
Sia light have made some people rich or even millionaires if they bought in 2015-2016, but I think the best is gone, so many projects provide storage on the side of their main business, so i think they're going to overtake sia when the next bull run starts
Sia is a good coin, really in those days, many have earned well. Apparently had a fun time. But maybe it will happen again, so now I buy slowly. Smiley

I cant stop you but i wouldn't buy Sia again. The only way I could see this coin go back up in value is if Bitcoin would shoot up again. If that does happen (and I think it will), lots of other alts will go up at least twice as fast.

same people behind this coin didn't they buy poloniex...no where else they will list this dogshit? Smiley weee

well again.. I got 5 of these..obeslisk sc-1 siacoin units ..(really, really needed the equip deduction in 2017) so I'm down 1.11 BTC or

about $4,550 usd if you count it in that manner from 2017...with what my tax rate was 41% and equipment deduction 1 year all of

25% off...thus down only 34% ...after the fact for risk.... But again, at the time, for me anyway, these

ASIC's ONLY had to make 34% of their cost back for me to break even, after electric. So it 'seemed' prudent....alas..not so much...

The only thing left is CAN my FREE (1) decred miner I got for (5) obelisk sc-1 1/2 off coupons....make any money by the time it

'supposedly' ships at the end of this month? (Very, very unlikely, in that they have not even got the sc-1's into the world yet)

Or will be a 'novelty' a free obelisk decred miner, for *5* 1/2 off coupons* cost me zip...and THIS DECRED MINER IS UNLIKELY TO

PAY FOR ELECTRIC TO RUN IT AS WELL, WHEN i GET IT. At again, a cost of nothing, including shipping. Sheesh...

I got to admit they really, really are batting ZERO on everything consistently ...that is what happens when Bitmain 'curses you'

By having a product 7 months previous to yours...they have really screwed the pooch for themselves...I can't see the company

surviving, because I see no way of them having a legit working (able to compete against Amazon Cloud) solution after this cluster...

they likely will just declare bankruptcy and walk after the units are shipped like BFL and let the corporation take the fall...by showing

they shipped even a 'worthless' product..they can claim they just f*cked up and thus avoid fraud...at  no risk to themselves or their

personal property. Indeed, at this point, not taking refunds, it is the only way forward without significant legal risk, again IMHO.

alas, live and learn,

brad

i'm talking to developers now ~ we will pull a rabbit from somewhere..it's going to be a few more weeks tho' Wink 

((((stay tuned)))

we'll see what happens but i dont believe people will invest in sia when they could also invest in projects like vechain, stratis, sonm, aion, ... all coins that today are dirtcheap but their potential is up in the tens of billions each
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
August 10, 2018, 10:24:14 PM

alas, live and learn,

brad

((((stay tuned)))
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
August 10, 2018, 07:03:38 PM

alas, live and learn,

brad

August 10, 2018, 06:38:21 PM

August 10, 2018, 04:50:05 PM

August 10, 2018, 04:10:58 PM
For those interested..on what is going on with the siacoin and decred machines..things don't look too good for this coin

IMHO, below is the letter I got on my 5 (soon to be) obelisk sc-1 doorstops...

Dear Obelisk Customers,

First, we want to sincerely apologize for the delays and the lackluster communication. Your preorders have allowed us to build a strong team and produce two generations of mining hardware. We could not have done this without you, and we are enormously grateful and appreciative.

While some customers have requested refunds, Obelisk is dedicated to shipping out all orders to all customers. We have already disbursed the majority of our funds to engineering, components, and manufacturing for all batches. At this point, attempting to provide full refunds to all customers would be impossible. Obelisk would be insolvent, customers would receive pennies on the dollar, and our ability to deliver Batches 2-5 would be jeopardized.

After significant internal discussion with the Obelisk team, board, and legal counsel, we are putting together a solution that we think is fair to our customers and will have widespread support. Before officially announcing, we need a few more days to finalize the details and guarantee that the plan is viable.

What we can announce is that production for Batch 1 began this evening, and will continue throughout the weekend. We expect to begin shipping Batch 1 units to customers next week. It will take a couple weeks to fulfill all Batch 1 orders, but we expect Batch 1 customers will receive their hardware by August’s end.

We will follow up next week with a subsequent announcement detailing our plan.

Best,

- Team Obelisk
Copyright © 2018 Obelisk, Inc. All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you signed up for our mailing list or placed an order on our website.
If you wish, you can unsubscribe, but you will no longer receive Obelisk project updates.

Our mailing address is:
67 Batterymarch St, Floor 4
Boston, MA 02110

end -----------------------------------------------------

options they may tell us

1) they announce (most likely rumor) that they are going to overclock these puppies from 500 watts

to 800 to 1000 watts..(burn them out baby) of course the hash rate I've been told is 20% less than

they expected..so most that will do is a 'wash' and burn the units out..this is what I expect...at least in some part.

2) they will offer 1/2 off coupons on their next miner of whatever ASIC flavor and/or also make

a new algo coin to do so (ie Bitmain evil plan) to try and promote these and future doorstops.

3) they announce a new coin/fork (very unlikely with these units)

4) fork coin so that you can mine more siacoin units of little worth but it looks like you are doing

something of note anyway at your electric loss....fudge the numbers up for mining this coin....dangerous.....

again, the most 2nd most likely is 1/2 off some new damn ASIC To Be Determined in the future and

my 1st bet is they are just gonna burn out and overclock the hell out of them as a token fix...

I am 'still' befuddled on how they expect their decentralized storage network to work IF most GPU

miners have already left (and with ASIC's no reason to come back for the few GPU's left) and/or

how do they expect to 'ramp up' their 'vision' network with ASIC's mining electric at a loss...just can't see it.

tweak the algo so you get more tokens? other weirdness?

below is what I'd make if it showed up today I lose -2c a day in the bsmt ..not worth shipping them

with my data hall costs with elec and rent of 14c kWh.

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=800.0&p=500.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.14&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

So, again, the units will stay in the box...

as a side note the decred unit (free one I got for my 5 coupons at 1/2 off) that makes 6c a day..if I had

it now

https://whattomine.com/coins/152-dcr-blake-14r?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1200&p=500&fee=0.0&cost=0.14&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

they surely f*cked themselves as much as us

brad

spacebucks or whatever they didn't mention? :-D bwaahahah
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
August 10, 2018, 02:51:11 PM
For those interested..on what is going on with the siacoin and decred machines..things don't look too good for this coin

IMHO, below is the letter I got on my 5 (soon to be) obelisk sc-1 doorstops...

Dear Obelisk Customers,

First, we want to sincerely apologize for the delays and the lackluster communication. Your preorders have allowed us to build a strong team and produce two generations of mining hardware. We could not have done this without you, and we are enormously grateful and appreciative.

While some customers have requested refunds, Obelisk is dedicated to shipping out all orders to all customers. We have already disbursed the majority of our funds to engineering, components, and manufacturing for all batches. At this point, attempting to provide full refunds to all customers would be impossible. Obelisk would be insolvent, customers would receive pennies on the dollar, and our ability to deliver Batches 2-5 would be jeopardized.

After significant internal discussion with the Obelisk team, board, and legal counsel, we are putting together a solution that we think is fair to our customers and will have widespread support. Before officially announcing, we need a few more days to finalize the details and guarantee that the plan is viable.

What we can announce is that production for Batch 1 began this evening, and will continue throughout the weekend. We expect to begin shipping Batch 1 units to customers next week. It will take a couple weeks to fulfill all Batch 1 orders, but we expect Batch 1 customers will receive their hardware by August’s end.

We will follow up next week with a subsequent announcement detailing our plan.

Best,

- Team Obelisk
Copyright © 2018 Obelisk, Inc. All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you signed up for our mailing list or placed an order on our website.
If you wish, you can unsubscribe, but you will no longer receive Obelisk project updates.

Our mailing address is:
67 Batterymarch St, Floor 4
Boston, MA 02110

end -----------------------------------------------------

options they may tell us

1) they announce (most likely rumor) that they are going to overclock these puppies from 500 watts

to 800 to 1000 watts..(burn them out baby) of course the hash rate I've been told is 20% less than

they expected..so most that will do is a 'wash' and burn the units out..this is what I expect...at least in some part.

2) they will offer 1/2 off coupons on their next miner of whatever ASIC flavor and/or also make

a new algo coin to do so (ie Bitmain evil plan) to try and promote these and future doorstops.

3) they announce a new coin/fork (very unlikely with these units)

4) fork coin so that you can mine more siacoin units of little worth but it looks like you are doing

something of note anyway at your electric loss....fudge the numbers up for mining this coin....dangerous.....

again, the most 2nd most likely is 1/2 off some new damn ASIC To Be Determined in the future and

my 1st bet is they are just gonna burn out and overclock the hell out of them as a token fix...

I am 'still' befuddled on how they expect their decentralized storage network to work IF most GPU

miners have already left (and with ASIC's no reason to come back for the few GPU's left) and/or

how do they expect to 'ramp up' their 'vision' network with ASIC's mining electric at a loss...just can't see it.

tweak the algo so you get more tokens? other weirdness?

below is what I'd make if it showed up today I lose -2c a day in the bsmt ..not worth shipping them

with my data hall costs with elec and rent of 14c kWh.

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=800.0&p=500.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.14&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

So, again, the units will stay in the box...

as a side note the decred unit (free one I got for my 5 coupons at 1/2 off) that makes 6c a day..if I had

it now

https://whattomine.com/coins/152-dcr-blake-14r?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1200&p=500&fee=0.0&cost=0.14&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

they surely f*cked themselves as much as us

brad
Activity: 112
August 09, 2018, 03:55:50 PM
August 09, 2018, 03:48:19 PM
I accidentally got into this project. I'm interested to see how the developers fulfill their stated goals.

weeeeeee
Activity: 126
August 09, 2018, 03:44:46 PM
August 09, 2018, 03:41:24 PM
A doubt, if I have used and have some files on the SIA platform some time ago, for example in early 2016, downloading the wallet I can recovering the files?

That is interesting question I also would like to know about this what future will be of old files. I start using this platform from this year. I browsed the website and forum but there is no FAQ section to discover this answer. I hope someone will make update on this.

watch what happens when the top data contracts disappear ? Wink hehe
guys, of course, you can recover your files.
SIA is a very reliable storage. the file is split into parts, you need to have at least one part. to restore the entire file.

just stop ..i'm telling you what's about to happen ~ siacoin has a code flaw in the design and the lead developer is going to erase all data November 5th? Wink fyi
August 09, 2018, 03:40:36 PM
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
August 09, 2018, 12:53:41 PM
A doubt, if I have used and have some files on the SIA platform some time ago, for example in early 2016, downloading the wallet I can recovering the files?

That is interesting question I also would like to know about this what future will be of old files. I start using this platform from this year. I browsed the website and forum but there is no FAQ section to discover this answer. I hope someone will make update on this.

guys, of course, you can recover your files.
SIA is a very reliable storage. the file is split into parts, you need to have at least one part. to restore the entire file.
August 09, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

Activity: 487
Merit: 100
August 09, 2018, 11:26:58 AM
Sia is a project where the usage of blockchain really makes sense and enriches the product.
I mined a few 1000 of them back when ASICS didn't exist and now i am hodling and will see what happens.
At somewhat extents, Sia project has changed the storage industry by bringing it into blockchain ecosystem.
Of course, Sia project has still had massive works to do, but by now, the team have made very good initiatives to change the traditional storage industry.
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
August 09, 2018, 11:04:11 AM
Since the price has fallen significantly in the falling market, perhaps someone can advise on what price you can buy Sia coins. I'm already too confused where to buy, I don't even know.
wait till september
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
August 08, 2018, 05:02:03 PM

Pages:
Jump to: