Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 419. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10
August 24, 2015, 08:33:18 AM
I've also tried the 0.4.0 preview for Linux (the one you got people to download through the sia client in the slack).

Issues:

When I get onto the Wallet tab, I get a "error 404 Not Found 404 - Refer to api.md" message
If I try to click the "create address" button, I get a "error 400 Bad Request unrecognised method when calling /wallet/address" message
Wallet status says "locked". If I try to click on the lock icon to unlock it, it prompts me for a password. Of course anything I enter is a "Wrong password" - I never set one in the first place.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
August 24, 2015, 01:39:48 AM
it is impossible to load the sia wallet on mac.

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles. Can you explain what's not working? While OS X has a few known issues, most people have been able to load the sia wallet.
1. download
2.unzip
3.open darwin folder
4. open Sia
5. Message from OSX "The application "Sia" cant be opened.

for some reason it will not open at all.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 23, 2015, 09:15:39 PM
How to mine this coin step by step? I can't seem to fine exact instructions on how to....

1. Download latest wallet:
https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/download/v0.3.3.3-beta/Sia-UI-v0.3.3.3-beta-win64.zip

2. Extract wallet

3. Run wallet

4. Download GPU miner and extract it:
https://github.com/droghio/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/download/1.02j/sia-gpu-winx64-1.02l.zip

5. Run miner in commandline with parameters: -I 26 -d 0
-I adjusts intensity (lower intensity if your crashing or want to do other stuff on the PC while mining) -d is the GPU device you want to use (for multiple GPU's on same PC you have to run another instance with -d 1 and so on)

The wallet has to be running before you start the miner and then found block rewards automatically is received in your wallet after some time...

Thats pretty much it. As reference with the miner I have linked and with 290x card you should get a little over 1000+ MH/s per card when intensity @ 26.

Hello, I have few other question.
How many blocks (approx) you can find a day with 1000+ MH/s?
And how much is block reward?
Is there GPU miner for Nvidia?
cheers

Probably like 1 a day if even if you're lucky (at current hashrate)
block reward is (300,000 - (current block)).... so we are at 14407 right now that means a block found now will be worth 300,000 - 14407 = 285,593... The floor is 30,000 Sia per block so once we hit block # 270,000 they will always be worth 30,000 Sia.
AMD mines a lot better than Nvidia (at least the custom miner i'm using).. I think this is pretty much the case no matter which one you're using, amd always wins against Nvidia for cryptomining.

As a website for the miner... you can find that here
https://github.com/NebulousLabs
along with everything else you might need.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
August 23, 2015, 08:49:49 PM
Did you get any DMCA takedown for copyright infringements for artist Sia? The name is dangerous for worldwide marketing.

We are in completely separate domains, there cannot be a trademark dispute.

cheers

With 1,000 MH/s you'd expect to mine 2-4 blocks per week.

Block reward right now is ~285,000 siacoins. It decreases by one each block.

There is a CUDA miner lying around somewhere but I don't think it's very optimized.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
August 23, 2015, 08:28:12 PM
How to mine this coin step by step? I can't seem to fine exact instructions on how to....

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/download/v0.3.3.3-beta/Sia-UI-v0.3.3.3-beta-win64.zip

2. Extract wallet

3. Run wallet

https://github.com/droghio/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/download/1.02j/sia-gpu-winx64-1.02l.zip

-I adjusts intensity (lower intensity if your crashing or want to do other stuff on the PC while mining) -d is the GPU device you want to use (for multiple GPU's on same PC you have to run another instance with -d 1 and so on)

The wallet has to be running before you start the miner and then found block rewards automatically is received in your wallet after some time...

Thats pretty much it. As reference with the miner I have linked and with 290x card you should get a little over 1000+ MH/s per card when intensity @ 26.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
August 23, 2015, 07:07:32 PM
Did you get any DMCA takedown for copyright infringements for artist Sia? The name is dangerous for worldwide marketing.
lol, you've got to be kidding! are you talking about that weirdo singer from Germany or somewhere?I had to Google it...  Good luck with that one. Nobody's even heard of her, if so. But they have heard of SIAcoin..... which many have heard of.

I think she needs to change her name asap  Grin

or work WITH the coin and promote it Wink ...

#crysx
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 23, 2015, 11:44:16 AM
lol, you've got to be kidding! are you talking about that weirdo singer from Germany or somewhere?I had to Google it...  Good luck with that one. Nobody's even heard of her, if so. But they have heard of SIAcoin..... which many have heard of.

I think she needs to change her name asap  Grin
Activity: 490
August 23, 2015, 08:04:01 AM
August 23, 2015, 05:06:05 AM

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles. Can you explain what's not working? While OS X has a few known issues, most people have been able to load the sia wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
August 23, 2015, 01:04:05 AM

That is incorrect as Nautica a few posts above has the wallet running.

More specifically what is yours doing wrong?

In order to help more information is needed. What you just posted is like calling a mechanic and saying "my car won't start" then hanging up.
Activity: 728
August 22, 2015, 11:19:51 PM
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
August 22, 2015, 09:52:31 PM
If I am not mistaken there was going to be a 0.4.0 release around 15th of August.

heh.

yeah we're behind on that. In the slack we've posted a teaser, everything is approx. working except for the renting and hosting. Renting and hosting are completely written, but are still being tested and debugged, not ready for the public yet.

stay strong to the cause and bring out a solid product - even if behind schedule ...

dont be a microsoft and just stick to deadlines with a dodgy product release ...

when i get back on next week - ill have a look at what ive been missing ...

great work taek and team ...

#crysx
August 22, 2015, 05:34:07 PM
If I am not mistaken there was going to be a 0.4.0 release around 15th of August.

heh.

yeah we're behind on that. In the slack we've posted a teaser, everything is approx. working except for the renting and hosting. Renting and hosting are completely written, but are still being tested and debugged, not ready for the public yet.
Activity: 770
August 22, 2015, 02:56:27 PM
August 21, 2015, 06:39:57 AM
Hi, this is a known issue. We are working on a fix. There will be a new release in the next few days, we hope to have copy/paste working on Mac in some form by then. It works fine on all other operating systems as far as we are aware. We apologize for not having addressed the issue earlier.

I don't have a mac to test it on, but I believe the issue has been fixed.   Smiley
Cheers. Pasting doesn't seem to work either. So please make sure you have pasting working as well. Smiley Looking forward to the new release!
August 21, 2015, 02:42:06 AM
Hi, this is a known issue. We are working on a fix. There will be a new release in the next few days, we hope to have copy/paste working on Mac in some form by then. It works fine on all other operating systems as far as we are aware. We apologize for not having addressed the issue earlier.

I don't have a mac to test it on, but I believe the issue has been fixed.   Smiley
August 20, 2015, 07:28:30 AM
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue on the OS X wallet.

I simply can't copy the address. There is no context click menu available with a Copy option. Hitting Command+C does not copy the string of characters. I would have to manually type every character one by one. I'm not going to do that. I need to be able to copy and paste addresses.

August 20, 2015, 05:55:03 AM
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue on the OS X wallet.

I simply can't copy the address. There is no context click menu available with a Copy option. Hitting Command+C does not copy the string of characters. I would have to manually type every character one by one. I'm not going to do that. I need to be able to copy and paste addresses.
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
August 19, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

2. Extract wallet

3. Run wallet

Activity: 518
August 18, 2015, 11:30:06 PM
Jump to: