Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 434. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 24, 2015, 12:53:57 AM
I was involved with Burst for almost a year, but this seems interesting. I'd not have any need to store things myself, but could offer some (considerable) storage, in the area from 50TB to 500TB.

Is it any calculation tool showing what I'd could earn (preferably in BTC) by making part or my whole storage available to Sia?
Hey, ya I remember Burst  Smiley anyways, SIA is very much in beta mode still. However, it is fully functional. For me it is the best crypto project I have seen in a long time and actually breaks the mold of everything else that I thought I knew Smiley

As far as putting a potential earnings on storage rental. It is really hard to say. (and its SIA coin income only) no BTC.... But I will say this, when the more finalized version is released and the green flags are waving I see huge potential in the SIA storage service once the word is really put out there on the street. With as much storage space as you have I would start reading up in this thread and on SIA.com etc.

Get ya a wallet if you don't already. There are "tricks to the trade with it" as in any other wallet/coin. I'd seriously get on the bandwagon now  Wink

Good luck.

Thank you very much for a insightful description Smiley It is kinda good that it still is in beta mode but that you can familiarize yourself with it until official release; I got some time to do it when vacation comes!
YW, sounds like a plan!  Smiley
Activity: 462
June 24, 2015, 12:30:03 AM
I was involved with Burst for almost a year, but this seems interesting. I'd not have any need to store things myself, but could offer some (considerable) storage, in the area from 50TB to 500TB.

Is it any calculation tool showing what I'd could earn (preferably in BTC) by making part or my whole storage available to Sia?
Hey, ya I remember Burst  Smiley anyways, SIA is very much in beta mode still. However, it is fully functional. For me it is the best crypto project I have seen in a long time and actually breaks the mold of everything else that I thought I knew Smiley

As far as putting a potential earnings on storage rental. It is really hard to say. (and its SIA coin income only) no BTC.... But I will say this, when the more finalized version is released and the green flags are waving I see huge potential in the SIA storage service once the word is really put out there on the street. With as much storage space as you have I would start reading up in this thread and on SIA.com etc.

Get ya a wallet if you don't already. There are "tricks to the trade with it" as in any other wallet/coin. I'd seriously get on the bandwagon now  Wink

Good luck.

Thank you very much for a insightful description Smiley It is kinda good that it still is in beta mode but that you can familiarize yourself with it until official release; I got some time to do it when vacation comes!
June 24, 2015, 12:28:12 AM
I have powerful servers.Any fast cpuminer for sia?
no and not feasible to try, even with a data center full of servers lol  Wink

I used to love secure coin" remember that lol pure CPU most profitable coin ever for me....
Activity: 279
June 24, 2015, 12:23:38 AM
I have powerful servers.Any fast cpuminer for sia?
June 24, 2015, 12:07:17 AM
Any chance anyone can compile the latest GPU miner and upload it to Sia and post the ascii file?

Um probably not lol

Play with this, it works  Wink

https://github.com/droghio/Sia-GPU-Miner/releases/tag/1.02j

I am running it now

TY Terra, have you successfully mined a block?

I was mining with the original for a while and was unsuccessful mining ANY blocks when I had been mining at about 500 mh/s back when hash rate was low.. so I gave up but I want to try again. I just want to make sure the freaking thing is working as it should and I'm not wasting my electricity.
Well on this miner now, I just fired up 3 rigs to try it out. AMD. I have yet to find any blocks using this miner and it predecessor which was a lot slower. In the beginning I used the old glitchy, high crash rate miners lol. But I was lucky and got the miners up and running about 3 hours after launch. 425 MH and then yes in the first 12 hours I scored  a decent amount of blocks.

Soon after though within the first 24 hours the hash rate went crazy high and I quit finding blocks after the second full day. So I cut them all off, until today. I wanted to try this release. At the moment I am hashing at 540 MH/ 3 rigs vs. 425 with 5 rigs using the old software ( that did a rough search and then the fine search) lol
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
June 23, 2015, 11:54:00 PM
Any chance anyone can compile the latest GPU miner and upload it to Sia and post the ascii file?

Um probably not lol

Play with this, it works  Wink

I am running it now

TY Terra, have you successfully mined a block?

I was mining with the original for a while and was unsuccessful mining ANY blocks when I had been mining at about 500 mh/s back when hash rate was low.. so I gave up but I want to try again. I just want to make sure the freaking thing is working as it should and I'm not wasting my electricity.
June 23, 2015, 11:43:35 PM

Um probably not lol

Play with this, it works  Wink

I am running it now
June 23, 2015, 11:36:54 PM

Good luck.

Activity: 43
June 23, 2015, 11:19:03 PM
Activity: 462
June 23, 2015, 11:04:46 PM

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
June 23, 2015, 07:38:38 PM
Is anyone selling siafunds? what's the current price?
may be you'd better see here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/siacoin-trading-thread-1083781
Activity: 275
June 23, 2015, 07:03:03 PM
Is anyone selling siafunds? what's the current price?
June 23, 2015, 06:38:58 PM
All the clients should be seeing peers and block height now Smiley I am
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 23, 2015, 05:19:11 PM
I installed windws 64 client, I see 0 KS Peers: 0 Block Height: 1,

Do I have to do something else?
I see few options

thanks

I believe you just have to wait for peers to connect. I am doing the same.
Activity: 301
Activity: 301
June 23, 2015, 03:27:04 PM
I installed windws 64 client, I see 0 KS Peers: 0 Block Height: 1,

Do I have to do something else?
I see few options

thanks
June 23, 2015, 12:45:59 PM
What kind of M Hash would a this card deliver, anyone know?

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked 4GB GDDDR5

THX  Smiley
Activity: 14
June 23, 2015, 07:32:33 AM
and https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner
Programmer is not my job
If it will be better to compile!
Thank you!
Jump to: