Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 442. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
AKA jefdiesel
June 16, 2015, 11:46:05 AM
need some more people in real time chat on slack

auto invite link here

http://siatalk-slackin.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
June 16, 2015, 11:36:01 AM
Need time as well Grin
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
June 16, 2015, 11:28:12 AM
Need a pool? Need a normally working, stable, fast, non-UI-freezing (adjustable?) GPU miner!..  Cool
Activity: 316
Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator
June 16, 2015, 11:11:21 AM
need a pool!

need a pool
need a ios app for accessing the files
need a android app for accessing the file
need a in wallet payment system (the actual solution is not usable for the normal user)
need to be listed at a exchanges, that somebody can buy sias

so much is needed to make this a success.

Need a pool and listed on exchanges are certainties and will happen short term.

I don't know what you mean by in wallet system. If you mean the way to send Sia in the wallet currently could use
improvement then I think most agree and the devs have improvements in development.

As for ios and android apps, that I believe is super long term and not a priority. I believe while small casual users
are always welcome and important Sia's focus and value will come in enterprise use and large use cases not
necessarily dropbox type use. Although I would love to personally access my Sia on android and if Sia becomes huge
I'm sure that will be available.
Activity: 289
June 16, 2015, 11:10:29 AM
need a pool!

need a pool
need a in wallet payment system (the actual solution is not usable for the normal user)

It just started, these things will come in time. This is one of the first solutions to make good use of storage in a live environment (not counting datacoin).  Other competing solutions are still in development now, so i give them credit to be able to use the storage space now in a production network. You should know pools will come out in time as they did with Burst because custom pools must be created for something like this from scratch.

How long has Burst been around to simply have a system of mining where you fill the hard drives with nonces and not use that space for anything else?  With the recent update it sounds like there is no hope in sight of making anything happen with PoC2 either to make use of the space. People will surely prefer a coin like this that has some utility over mining coins you can do nothing with but maybe speculate on some assets.

While it sounds like they are making big changes for the next release of the wallet the current wallet does not seem that hard to use at all.
Activity: 539
June 16, 2015, 11:08:36 AM
I did some testing, and on my (admittedly shitty) Core i5 Win8 laptop, I'm able to successfully announce and host contracts. I wish there were a bit more metrics data and such, but everything seems to be working as far as I can tell.

working on it.

also, just added checksums to the sia addresses.  Smiley
also, siafunds stuff is now working in master. But, don't use it yet. The proper usage isn't intuitive and there's a good chance you'd lose your siafunds by doing something you weren't supposed to. Wait until I've got a tutorial out that tells you how not to shoot yourself in the foot. Because, the way it's currently set up, it's pretty easy to shoot yourself in the foot.

(maybe we should set up a testnet so you can practice with siafunds that don't mean anything)

You need to open command window and put in "ipconfig"
Ipv4 is your ip,which you need to put in router setings.
Activity: 619
June 16, 2015, 10:40:30 AM
need a pool!

need a pool

Activity: 311
June 16, 2015, 10:34:32 AM
need a pool!
Activity: 280
June 16, 2015, 10:34:12 AM
Hey, anyone hosting actually seeing contracts and KS to be earned yet? I am showing 36 known host.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 16, 2015, 10:30:07 AM
I did some testing, and on my (admittedly shitty) Core i5 Win8 laptop, I'm able to successfully announce and host contracts. I wish there were a bit more metrics data and such, but everything seems to be working as far as I can tell.

working on it.

also, just added checksums to the sia addresses.  Smiley
also, siafunds stuff is now working in master. But, don't use it yet. The proper usage isn't intuitive and there's a good chance you'd lose your siafunds by doing something you weren't supposed to. Wait until I've got a tutorial out that tells you how not to shoot yourself in the foot. Because, the way it's currently set up, it's pretty easy to shoot yourself in the foot.

(maybe we should set up a testnet so you can practice with siafunds that don't mean anything)
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
\m/
June 16, 2015, 10:03:27 AM
Hi Everyone,
 Just wanted to let you know that I talked about SIA on my last episode of Coin of the Week for SuperNET Radio! You can check out the show on our Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/coin-of-the-week-episode-8-sia

Cheers,
 Jon Prints

Sia Donations:
0e421e6021c54d02d296a6fad7bddd83a550a711fb8d4aa20354b73da6717ab6
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
June 16, 2015, 08:42:19 AM
pool mining and or optimized amd-mining would be awesome

Definitely, then I could try and earn back some of what I have already lost.

At the current speed with AMD I'm not even going to bother Sad
Activity: 556
June 16, 2015, 08:40:10 AM
pool mining and or optimized amd-mining would be awesome
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 16, 2015, 07:59:02 AM

But SIA still does not let me announce... So it would seem the problem lies with SIA?

Taek, any take on this? My ISP will see if they can update my firmware so maybe that could do something and SIA will also work after that, but I will let you all know how that turns out...

If it makes you feel any better, you are not the only one who has had this problem. If canyouseeme.org can find your service, then it's probably a problem with Sia.

There is a chance that you've put in the wrong local ip address. For example, one of the computers on our network is 10.0.0.35, one is 10.0.0.26, etc. They are all on different endpoints, perhaps you've selected the wrong endpoint.
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
June 16, 2015, 07:11:04 AM
I'm stuck with the port forwarding can anyone help?

1. I have made NAT rules on my router (screenshot below) destination IP is the PC's IP address on my home network for hosting SIA.

2. I made firewall exception on my Symantec EP for these ports and this app and I even tried to disable both Symantec and Windows Firewall on the host PC, but still same failing to announce?

So what am I missing/doing wrong here?

if you have a firewall active on the router as well - allow that service ( using those ports ) as a rule through the firewall ...

btw - good point about the software firewall installed in the system also ...

#crysx

Thanks for reply, I called my ISP and they said I have setup everything correctly and they don't have blocks for those ports either and NOW I actually get a success @ www.canyouseeme.org those ports are OPEN!

But SIA still does not let me announce... So it would seem the problem lies with SIA?

Taek, any take on this? My ISP will see if they can update my firmware so maybe that could do something and SIA will also work after that, but I will let you all know how that turns out...

*update* ISP updated my router firmware no effect... Ports forwarding just fine, but SIA fails to announce?

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
June 16, 2015, 06:33:43 AM

1. I have made NAT rules on my router (screenshot below) destination IP is the PC's IP address on my home network for hosting SIA.

2. I made firewall exception on my Symantec EP for these ports and this app and I even tried to disable both Symantec and Windows Firewall on the host PC, but still same failing to announce?

if you have a firewall active on the router as well - allow that service ( using those ports ) as a rule through the firewall ...

btw - good point about the software firewall installed in the system also ...

#crysx
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
June 16, 2015, 06:26:29 AM

Activity: 275
June 16, 2015, 05:15:43 AM
How do I fix the host / announce error?
TCP ports 9981 and 9982 have to be reachable from the outside.
Usually you have to configure your router / your firewall

The ports appear to be open? I'm not sure of the problem

I used sudo netstat -tulpn

tcp6       0      0 :::9981                 :::*                    LISTEN      8704/siad       
tcp6       0      0 :::9982                 :::*                    LISTEN      8704/siad       
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                     

Devs need to implement NAT traversal for this to be taken seriously.  People want to share, but too comberson

I've setup port forwarding on two different systems in different locations

Ubuntu with BT adsl router - Same error
Mac with Virgin cable modem / wireless router - Same error

Not sure on next things I can try, any ideas would be appreciated.

Got it working Smiley

I had to change the router settings in two parts.

Firstly do the Port Forwarding Add a Service for ports 9980-9982 and call it sia

Secondly you need to allow this new service access via the routers firewall. (I missed this before)

I made a image showing my router settings, hopefully it helps someone else.
http://imgur.com/EEEvcLk
Activity: 275
June 16, 2015, 04:50:02 AM
How do I fix the host / announce error?
TCP ports 9981 and 9982 have to be reachable from the outside.
Usually you have to configure your router / your firewall

The ports appear to be open? I'm not sure of the problem

I used sudo netstat -tulpn

tcp6       0      0 :::9981                 :::*                    LISTEN      8704/siad       
tcp6       0      0 :::9982                 :::*                    LISTEN      8704/siad       
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                     

Devs need to implement NAT traversal for this to be taken seriously.  People want to share, but too comberson

I've setup port forwarding on two different systems in different locations

Ubuntu with BT adsl router - Same error
Mac with Virgin cable modem / wireless router - Same error

Not sure on next things I can try, any ideas would be appreciated.

Activity: 152
Merit: 100
June 16, 2015, 04:44:35 AM
Hash rate (last 10 blocks)   1.038038TH/s  WTF )
And after two minutes again: 183.994399GH/s
Jump to: