Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 446. (Read 1382189 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 15, 2015, 02:47:34 AM
Yesterday my miner said there were 2 blocks mined (at 110mhs)  but I didnt get any reward, is that normal ? (144 blocks have passed since then) ,  also another block found a few hours ago but I don't expect it's reward since this is probably the 3rd time this is happening..
So WTF is going on ?

Mining 3 blocks in a little over a day with 110 MH/s would be a miracle. What does the http://localhost:9980/miner/status report? Thinking you got some orphans or your miner is falsely reporting.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
June 15, 2015, 01:35:36 AM
Yesterday my miner said there were 2 blocks mined (at 110mhs)  but I didnt get any reward, is that normal ? (144 blocks have passed since then) ,  also another block found a few hours ago but I don't expect it's reward since this is probably the 3rd time this is happening..
So WTF is going on ?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 14, 2015, 11:49:16 PM
 I would like to give humble my opinion on something.

I think it would be good to have the wallet by its single denomination of SIA rather than KS. Or both options would be fine too.

It just would feel more marketable to offer a GB of storage for 13 Sia rather than 0.01317 KS. I am sure that development has more important things to do right now but these details can matter.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 14, 2015, 10:40:05 PM
ATM There is no pool nor exchanges just solo mining I believe is the only way to get Siacoin besides buying of course.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
June 14, 2015, 08:00:00 PM
any one having any luck with mac wallet?

luck in which way?

copy paste is a known bug. announce is still crippled.

meaning I installed and does not want to open up.
June 14, 2015, 07:54:26 PM
Hi,

No CPU miner available ?

I won't do it.
Unless you are extremely lucky, you're not going to mine a single block for days, with the current difficultly levels.

If you are getting 300GH/s, you should be mining ~1 block per week. If you are mining with a CPU, you should be getting ~1 block per year. It's not worth mining on a cpu.

is there a pool?
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 14, 2015, 06:50:05 PM
Hi,

No CPU miner available ?

I won't do it.
Unless you are extremely lucky, you're not going to mine a single block for days, with the current difficultly levels.

If you are getting 300GH/s, you should be mining ~1 block per week. If you are mining with a CPU, you should be getting ~1 block per year. It's not worth mining on a cpu.
June 14, 2015, 05:14:56 PM
any one having issues with OSX wallet not opening up?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
June 14, 2015, 03:36:58 PM
No, I'm on pure Win7 x64.
Activity: 336
AKA jefdiesel
June 14, 2015, 01:39:17 PM

if you kept deleting the wallet.dat file everytime - then you need to accept that whatever the coins you had in the original wallet you were mining to is now gone ...

NEVER delete wallet.dat files unless you have NOTHING in them - or you have a backup - or both ...

sorry to hear that though ...

#crysx

How about my case? I Sent some coins from 0.3.3 wallet to 0.3.3.1. Now I have no coins in both wallets.  Cheesy

rabinovitch, are you running OSX ?
Activity: 336
AKA jefdiesel
June 14, 2015, 01:37:10 PM

luck in which way?

copy paste is a known bug. announce is still crippled.
June 14, 2015, 12:51:28 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 14, 2015, 12:05:49 PM
Here is the link to the explorer: http://explore.siacoin.com/

We are over 4500 blocks so difficulty retargeted x2 I think.

think so too
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
June 14, 2015, 11:50:20 AM
Someone have compiled the last gpuminer for windows ?
Activity: 770
June 14, 2015, 11:46:31 AM
Here is the link to the explorer: http://explore.siacoin.com/

We are over 4500 blocks so difficulty retargeted x2 I think.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
June 14, 2015, 11:45:59 AM
Hi,

No CPU miner available ?

I won't do it.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 14, 2015, 11:43:51 AM

if you kept deleting the wallet.dat file everytime - then you need to accept that whatever the coins you had in the original wallet you were mining to is now gone ...

NEVER delete wallet.dat files unless you have NOTHING in them - or you have a backup - or both ...

#crysx

How about my case? I Sent some coins from 0.3.3 wallet to 0.3.3.1. Now I have no coins in both wallets.  Cheesy

now that is weird ...

any idea taek? ...

that is way beyond anything i have seen before ...

#crysx

That's not weird. The wallets are using the same addresses, they are reporting the same coins twice. If you send it from one wallet, it should disappear from the other as well. The other thing that might be happening is that the coins are just 0-conf in one wallet but not the other, and once the transaction makes it into a block the wallets will sort out correctly.

My impulse reactions for updating caused this but I also noticed that the wallet has an auto-update feature built in... So technically if I just opened my Sia wallet it would of updated the wallet for me and I wouldn't of had to try and manually update the wallet, also might I say the wallet.dat is traditionally stored in your roaming folder but in Sia's case it is located wherever you install and run the program folder from.

This is not the norm so I overlooked it.

We're sorry about this, you're not the only one who has had problems with this setup. We are going to be changing it in the next major release so that the primarly wallet.dat is in your home folder, and the backup is in the executable directory.

If the backup is automatic, it should be near the primary wallet i.e. same directory (if run manually, the folder can be changed by the user).
That's because one would expect it to be there, and he might not put enough attention to it, and leave unattended.
And because the executable directory is not, in general, writable by the user!

Ah jeez this is confusing. We want the primary wallet to go in a stable folder (like home/.config/Sia) because we don't want people to lose their wallets if they delete the application. We were going to have the backup be mobile, but Mac does things a lot differently so now I'm not sure.

selling 25m sia for 5 btc

please keep it in the trading thread, not here
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 14, 2015, 11:35:20 AM
selling 25m sia for 5 btc
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
June 14, 2015, 11:04:21 AM

#crysx

now that is weird ...

any idea taek? ...

that is way beyond anything i have seen before ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
June 14, 2015, 11:00:40 AM

#crysx

Jump to: