Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 465. (Read 1382189 times)

Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
June 09, 2015, 04:50:32 PM
Everyone seeing confirmed coin payouts lately? all my miners are really at it today showing high amounts of blocks found, I know that's not accurate all, but never seen it this bad. mining on 5 rigs. I continually restart miners when I see it happening. Not sure if even though we see bogus blocks found that if somewhere in there, there is real blocks being found?

Dev did you say you were going to release a more efficient miner today?  Smiley

Yeah. On my gpu it's running about 6x as fast. Also we fixed the crashing and the fast-block stuff. (at least, mostly fixed it). So, sometime tonight once we've cleaned everything up a bit you can expect a release that addresses many of the problems people were having.

After pulled gpuminer git and compile
Give this
Code:
Mining at 0.000 MH/s    0 blocks minedcurl did not receive correct bytes (got 21, expected 112)
Mining at 0.000 MH/s    0 blocks minedcurl did not receive correct bytes (got 21, expected 112)
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 09, 2015, 04:39:19 PM
Everyone seeing confirmed coin payouts lately? all my miners are really at it today showing high amounts of blocks found, I know that's not accurate all, but never seen it this bad. mining on 5 rigs. I continually restart miners when I see it happening. Not sure if even though we see bogus blocks found that if somewhere in there, there is real blocks being found?

Yeah. On my gpu it's running about 6x as fast. Also we fixed the crashing and the fast-block stuff. (at least, mostly fixed it). So, sometime tonight once we've cleaned everything up a bit you can expect a release that addresses many of the problems people were having.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
June 09, 2015, 04:09:11 PM

Yes same here.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 09, 2015, 04:08:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
June 09, 2015, 02:10:56 PM
So I was mining on two computers all night.  I didn't mean to but I now see I was mining both on the same wallet.  Now one wallet has a balance and the other still does not even though the address shows the same? Anyone tell me what happened?

When you mine a block, it adds an address to your wallet, so even though the two wallets share some addresses, any mining-related addresses created after you copied the wallet from one to the other are only stored in the wallet from the daemon that mined the block.

For example, I ran EC2 instances which all had the same 'wallet' (created an AMI), but each's wallet changed once they mined a block, and each had a different balance.

@Vorksholk What instance type did you use?  I guess spot instances might not be good to use since the mined block will not be shared with the common wallet?

I used g2 instances, spot with volumes that don't delete on shutdown (uncheck delete on termination in the storage menu when bidding).

It's just a pain in the ass when instances get canceled, but you don't lose coins.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
June 09, 2015, 01:57:43 PM
Shapeshift.io would be great for Sia. Now it has an app. It is fast, simple and without registration. StorjX is there - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11576014
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
June 09, 2015, 01:52:03 PM
So I was mining on two computers all night.  I didn't mean to but I now see I was mining both on the same wallet.  Now one wallet has a balance and the other still does not even though the address shows the same? Anyone tell me what happened?

When you mine a block, it adds an address to your wallet, so even though the two wallets share some addresses, any mining-related addresses created after you copied the wallet from one to the other are only stored in the wallet from the daemon that mined the block.

For example, I ran EC2 instances which all had the same 'wallet' (created an AMI), but each's wallet changed once they mined a block, and each had a different balance.

@Vorksholk What instance type did you use?  I guess spot instances might not be good to use since the mined block will not be shared with the common wallet?
Activity: 334
June 09, 2015, 01:15:58 PM
So I was mining on two computers all night.  I didn't mean to but I now see I was mining both on the same wallet.  Now one wallet has a balance and the other still does not even though the address shows the same? Anyone tell me what happened?

Ok thank you for the explanation I thought it might be something like that but had no idea for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
June 09, 2015, 01:07:01 PM
So I was mining on two computers all night.  I didn't mean to but I now see I was mining both on the same wallet.  Now one wallet has a balance and the other still does not even though the address shows the same? Anyone tell me what happened?

Activity: 334
June 09, 2015, 01:04:54 PM
Activity: 130
June 09, 2015, 12:40:59 PM
Hey Mac users... I think I stumbled onto a combo GUiI CL mining trick here

with siad running, I started the beta client that had mining built in.  It is showing 12 peers and Block2514 now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z4474ih322nhxy/Screenshot%202015-06-09%2009.49.30.png?dl=0
 screen shot here of versions

and then when i load http://127.0.0.1:9980/miner/status I see

Code:
{"State":"On","Mining":true,"Threads":4,"RunningThreads":4,"HashRate":2243835,"BlocksPerWeek":0.404438796043396,"BlocksMined":0,"OrphansMined":0,"Address":"51b20e280a593db0c24f76a9aa126e86dd2edeb82ce4292d9bb7109b848dbbb4"}

the wallet address is not the same as in the client, which makes me believe its running off the CL, but mining off the client. cool.

update! I control-c quit siad in the cl, and the client lost its peers, and dropped its threads. localhost lost its node. Q.E.D.

Thanks for posting! Did you use the "sia-gpu-miner-mac64" file or just the electron wallet file after running siad? I run siad and then opened the wallet but http://127.0.0.1:9980/miner/status shows mining: false.  I also had the same problem that when I ran siad my addresses in the wallet were different and my balance lost.  Once I stopped siad and reopened the wallet I had my old addresses and balance back.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
June 09, 2015, 11:31:20 AM
Seeing as no one is using the storage service, the best advice would be a guess. I'd say stick whatever you have in there. Don't spend an extra dime. If you fill it up, add more.
Nobody is using it because I set the default price at some absurd value, and nobody has lowered it. The next release is going to have a lower default, and I'm going to encourage everyone to lower their price until they start getting files.
Nobody wants to dump 60 KS on a 100mb upload.

Sia provides a marketplace/platform for storage. How to build their business in this marketplace will be mostly subjected to the business persons themselves. They have to figure out strategies to build their business. For instance, they can offer free storage in the beginning to promote their business and reputation. As long as this platform provides good business opportunities, the business persons will come just like miners are coming to mine because they see the opportunities to make profits.
Activity: 336
AKA jefdiesel
June 09, 2015, 10:56:34 AM

Seeing as no one is using the storage service, the best advice would be a guess. I'd say stick whatever you have in there. Don't spend an extra dime. If you fill it up, add more.

Nobody is using it because I set the default price at some absurd value, and nobody has lowered it. The next release is going to have a lower default, and I'm going to encourage everyone to lower their price until they start getting files.

nobody is using it CURRENTLY I meant. Also almost nobody has any coins to pay for storage with. There is a lot of infrastructure still growing and needed before we can worry about how many TB/1mbit line like the OP was asking.

I'd lower my storage fees to almost zero but still can't get my portforwarding to announce. ports are wide open in netgear..
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
June 09, 2015, 10:53:08 AM
strange saic command line display, anyone knows what it means ? (suppressed balance) also confirmed and unconfirmed number (balance) matches exact

./siac wallet
Wallet status:
Balance:   nnnnnnnnn (confirmed)
                nnnnnnnnn (unconfirmed)
Addresses: 8495

cranking GPU's but still 0 balance.. as per 24 hours, nervous yet excited, I imagine developing (and not) countries using feature of this coin to make revenue, even off small storage, great idea!  

larger data centers could also off load storage (or companies) for cash later ** sorry not cash, thats anti crypto talk  Cool for some other materials or service
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 09, 2015, 10:42:21 AM

AKA jefdiesel
June 09, 2015, 10:39:16 AM
If I want to build a storage rig how many TB or GB should I have for 1Mbs of upload/download ?

What is the best ratio ?

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 09, 2015, 10:28:04 AM
If I want to build a storage rig how many TB or GB should I have for 1Mbs of upload/download ?

What is the best ratio ?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
June 09, 2015, 10:13:58 AM
set GPU_DEVICE_ORDINAL=0
sia-gpu-miner.exe  127.0.0.1:9980/33f5795a313

set GPU_DEVICE_ORDINAL=1
sia-gpu-miner.exe  127.0.0.1:9980/33f5795a313

What does 33f5795a313 mean?
AKA jefdiesel
June 09, 2015, 09:53:21 AM
Hey Mac users... I think I stumbled onto a combo GUiI CL mining trick here

with siad running, I started the beta client that had mining built in.  It is showing 12 peers and Block2514 now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z4474ih322nhxy/Screenshot%202015-06-09%2009.49.30.png?dl=0
 screen shot here of versions

and then when i load http://127.0.0.1:9980/miner/status I see

Code:
{"State":"On","Mining":true,"Threads":4,"RunningThreads":4,"HashRate":2243835,"BlocksPerWeek":0.404438796043396,"BlocksMined":0,"OrphansMined":0,"Address":"51b20e280a593db0c24f76a9aa126e86dd2edeb82ce4292d9bb7109b848dbbb4"}

the wallet address is not the same as in the client, which makes me believe its running off the CL, but mining off the client. cool.

update! I control-c quit siad in the cl, and the client lost its peers, and dropped its threads. localhost lost its node. Q.E.D.
Activity: 125
June 09, 2015, 09:35:11 AM
How configure Sia_GPU-Miner on win7x64? Have 7950 and 7870 gpu's
Jump to: