Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 469. (Read 1382189 times)

G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
June 08, 2015, 08:05:25 PM
Is the current Block Height 2103?

yes
G2M
June 08, 2015, 08:04:58 PM
is this still on testnet or for real, have wallet and miner ready , wallet shows block height 0.. please advice

also do rebrand Electron.app to Sia.app..  I am impressed by use of go language must say...

wallet version is 0.3.0 b365  , Sia version 0.3.3  

miner hashes ok.. but need to know if it is still in beta or real.. thanks much

for realz yo.

do I need config json file or conf .. blocks are not synching up... appreciate it.. it is an interesting project

using mac osx for wallet client

worry that I am still hitting testnet by wrong config file or something

balls, I've only tested it on windows  and mint so far. there's a few ppl here that did mac, hopefully they can help you.

for both windows and mint it's synced completely by itself. also, for mint it didn't need me to update any dependencies at all using the precompiled bin.

the real net has about 2k blocks now, but i didn't need to do anything special for linux/win at all so i don't think you'd need to do anything special for mac.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
June 08, 2015, 08:04:52 PM
Is the current Block Height 2103?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
June 08, 2015, 08:03:33 PM
wallet synced up to block height 2103 and stopped... anyone help please thanks, must be still testnet... miner show blocks found but it can not be real

should I wait "Once a block is mined, Sia waits for 144 confirmation blocks before the reward is added to your wallet" or somethong is wrong I am doing thanks
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
June 08, 2015, 08:00:05 PM
So why is there no exchange yet?
legendary
June 08, 2015, 07:54:35 PM
is this still on testnet or for real, have wallet and miner ready , wallet shows block height 0.. please advice

also do rebrand Electron.app to Sia.app..  I am impressed by use of go language must say...

wallet version is 0.3.0 b365  , Sia version 0.3.3  

for realz yo.

do I need config json file or conf .. blocks are not synching up... appreciate it.. it is an interesting project

using mac osx for wallet client

worry that I am still hitting testnet by wrong config file or something
G2M
June 08, 2015, 07:52:36 PM

wallet version is 0.3.0 b365  , Sia version 0.3.3 

for realz yo.
legendary
June 08, 2015, 07:48:44 PM

wallet version is 0.3.0 b365  , Sia version 0.3.3 

June 08, 2015, 07:37:08 PM
Anyone noticed, finding blocks has really slowed down? or is it just me lol
June 08, 2015, 07:34:42 PM
I'm buying a NAS array for my home (solar powered) that I will be leasing out over Sia... lets see how much cash I can make from it this year.  Maybe I will expand up to my own little data center as part of Sia cloud storage network.
Dream big  Cool cause ya never never know

Right now I'm just trying to fill my bag with coins, then on to the rigs for storage next.

This concept is a big project. Rome wasn't built over night lol
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
June 08, 2015, 07:32:45 PM
Guys this is so much fun!
My 280x is hashing at 670 Mh/s, I think I can go past 1 GH/s :-)

Not even whirlpoolx was so rewarding!

Oh, come on, yeah it's fun - but don't be too proud of it - it's not like it was brain surgery :3

you're damn right: it was pretty easy ;-)

Oh, by the way, 280X around 800MH/s, and this is still including the block fetch; I haven't modified this to be done async yet.

Could you perhaps share the modifications you made?

I don't work for free; nor does Pallas (I don't think.)

Come on dude, no work for free =/= no work.

let's go lets go with the prices.

first, specs.

gonna need an idea with both speed boost, gpu management, and multi-gpu's. needs at least two out of those three for good deal, one out of three for meh deal.

Or, you can sell binaries if you do?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2015, 07:32:02 PM
how to buy this coin?
i want to buy at 1 satoshi per sia.

Good luck getting it that cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
June 08, 2015, 07:21:54 PM
I'm buying a NAS array for my home (solar powered) that I will be leasing out over Sia... lets see how much cash I can make from it this year.  Maybe I will expand up to my own little data center as part of Sia cloud storage network.
June 08, 2015, 07:07:00 PM
how to buy this coin?
i want to buy at 1 satoshi per sia.
read back a few pages the dev set up a buy and sell thread. look for link  Wink
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
June 08, 2015, 06:47:52 PM
How i can activate all cards at system but not just only one or it's impossible with this miner?! And how i can mine at one wallet placed at the same local network with rigs?! Thanks
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2015, 06:15:47 PM

Oh, come on, yeah it's fun - but don't be too proud of it - it's not like it was brain surgery :3

Oh, by the way, 280X around 800MH/s, and this is still including the block fetch; I haven't modified this to be done async yet.

Yes, that would be awesome. It is really surprising that they are getting 6 times the hashrate with those modifications.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
June 08, 2015, 06:12:09 PM

I'm about there as well: removed ram usage, can get to 800 with a bit of core overclock.
Nice to know I'm on the right track!
Activity: 326
June 08, 2015, 06:10:54 PM

Activity: 715
Merit: 500
June 08, 2015, 05:03:40 PM
nice work on sia, but when will the next GUI wallet be released?  Also when is the desktop integration like dropbox coming out?

We are taking the (copious amount of) feedback we've received into account and working on the next release around the clock. We hope to have it out by the end of the week.

Desktop integration is probably a long ways off. First and foremost, the platform needs to stabilize a bit, more hosts need to join, etc. Furthermore, desktop integration is not a simple task; on Mac/Linux, we'd probably use FUSE, and on Windows we might look at file system events to trigger uploads/downloads. I haven't worked out the details yet because we've had more pressing concerns.

Hmm. It's possible that you need to open the port on your firewall as well. Failing that, the only thing I can think of that would prevent connectivity is that the timeout for the test is only 1 second. If your latency is so high that it's taking more than a full second to ping yourself, you may see the "cannot announce" error.
I will extend the timeout in the next release. In the meantime, I can create a special win64 binary with an extended timeout. Let me know if you're willing to test the fix.

Ho, forget to tell, I also tried with firewall off and I still get the error. So firewall is not the cause.

I would test the fix.

ok, I changed the timeout to 20 seconds. Please test this binary (wait for the full 20 seconds) and let me know if the problem persists: www.siacoin.com/dist/Sia-HostTest-win64.zip
If you are using the UI, you will need to replace the copy of siad in your Sia-UI/Sia folder with the one in this binary. Alternatively, you can test it from the command line with "siac host announce".

It instanly say the same error message. (I have replace the siad.exe, from the mining cpu version availabe in this thread)
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
June 08, 2015, 04:48:06 PM

Jump to: