Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 477. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 07, 2015, 07:35:27 PM
Has anyone seen any coins actually in their wallets yet? or only seeing blocks mined in the miner  Cheesy
wait 144 blocks until you found any block
ok, that's what I thought still.... just a long wait lol
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
June 07, 2015, 07:33:13 PM
Has anyone seen any coins actually in their wallets yet? or only seeing blocks mined in the miner  Cheesy
wait 144 blocks until you found any block
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 07, 2015, 07:32:41 PM

Yeah, they are showing up in my wallet eventually. Obviously the miner is reporting more blocks than I am actually getting due to the bug, but it is working.
June 07, 2015, 07:31:01 PM
June 07, 2015, 07:28:27 PM
Doesn't that give the devs a several week head start on everyone else?

Many people have the miners working. Mining isn't our source of profit and never will be.

Additionally, linux is a free OS. If you want to mine Siacoin, it's pretty easy to install linux. Even then, we're not sure that it will work for all card. GPU dev is tricky and we're doing our best. We've got less than 3% of the hashrate right now.

Mining still doesnt work for alot of people or is just incredibly bugged. Should I just assume this is normal? https://imgur.com/8yN3NQQ
Whoa over 6,500 blocks mined? lol on 30 MH
legendary
Activity: 1630
June 07, 2015, 07:27:00 PM
Ok, I seem to be mining now and am mining on W7 64. Says 95 MH and found  blocks. How or when will I actually see that in wallet?

MY PC sure is lagging when running the miner.. glitchy
my PC said I found blocks too, but I wouldnt hold your breath on seeing any coins
June 07, 2015, 07:22:06 PM
Ok, I seem to be mining now and am mining on W7 64. Says 95 MH and found  blocks. How or when will I actually see that in wallet?

MY PC sure is lagging when running the miner.. glitchy
legendary
Activity: 1630
June 07, 2015, 06:55:47 PM

Many people have the miners working. Mining isn't our source of profit and never will be.

Additionally, linux is a free OS. If you want to mine Siacoin, it's pretty easy to install linux. Even then, we're not sure that it will work for all card. GPU dev is tricky and we're doing our best. We've got less than 3% of the hashrate right now.

Mining still doesnt work for alot of people or is just incredibly bugged. Should I just assume this is normal? https://imgur.com/8yN3NQQ
June 07, 2015, 06:41:33 PM
where i can see total hashrate?
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 07, 2015, 06:30:34 PM

June 07, 2015, 06:06:41 PM
What final specification this coin? How faster change difficulty?
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
June 07, 2015, 06:01:45 PM
Weird, just reinstalled SIA 3.3 beta and my Glasswire picked it up as Electron? connection any ideas? previous installs it showed the connection as SIA

yes taskmanager shows it as electron as well. Really shows the lack of effort put into the release

I agree, it's a bit unprofessional. Fixing this requires modifying the Windows binary with a tool like ResEdit, and we do all our development on Linux (for now). I think it's pretty apparent that going forward, we need to focus on the Windows experience because that's where most of our users are.

However, I think the word you want is polish, not "effort." Wink We have poured many thousands of man-hours into Sia, but first and foremost we have focused on the core technology, not the look and feel of the application. Rest assured, this will be our top priority for the next few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
June 07, 2015, 05:54:49 PM
where are the gpu miner sources related to the "fixed" cl file, the one on pastebin?
it looks like it has different kernel parameters than the one on git.

EDIT: the precompiled win version uses the new cl file and is faster, please provide its sources, otherwise mac and linux users will hash slower than windows ones!
r9 290 @1020/875 115mh/s with pastebin *cl
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
June 07, 2015, 05:31:33 PM
where are the gpu miner sources related to the "fixed" cl file, the one on pastebin?
it looks like it has different kernel parameters than the one on git.

EDIT: the precompiled win version uses the new cl file and is faster, please provide its sources, otherwise mac and linux users will hash slower than windows ones!
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 07, 2015, 05:28:33 PM
How to siafund holders import their siafund and start collect fees?

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet. We didn't quite get to building the siafund wallet yet.

You have your siafunds, and they are making money, you just can't collect that money or trade your siafunds yet. We hope to have that out in a few days. We're focusing most of our energy on the GPU problems right now though. I hope the siafund holders understand. Friday I believe is the latest that the siafund wallet will be ready.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
June 07, 2015, 05:24:03 PM
How to siafund holders import their siafund and start collect fees?
Activity: 610
Merit: 500
June 07, 2015, 05:13:58 PM
how to mine gpu miner Huh
Activity: 715
legendary
Activity: 1120
Activity: 715
June 07, 2015, 04:39:09 PM
How do we lower the GPU intensity? Everytime I run "sia-gpu-miner.exe" it reaches about  9.283 MH/s then it gives me this tray message:

"Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered"...

Yes please, is this possible?
My GPU's mining like crazy, but my boxor is absolutely unusable..

One more thing: I've found a couple of blocks already, but they don't show up in my wallet. Is there any manual config needed?
I'm running the GPU miner with Sia-UI-v0.3.3.3-CPU-win64.

Any info/help appreciated!

What argument the gpu miner needs?

No arguments in my case. I have Sia-UI-v0.3.3.3-CPU-win64 opened with GPU miner running. The only thing I changed was the contents of gpu-miner.cl (from the pastebin):

[snip]

All i did was double click sia.exe in the wallet folder, and double click the gpu miner, no conf file, no complication.

You'll need the right cl file .. wolfy shared it in irc so i guess it's public. Seems like he wanted to help the launch out.

I'll put it here on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/iQavKkEd

should be a-ok after that.

Where did you get Sia-UI-v0.3.3.3-CPU-win64, got only 0.3.0 b365
Jump to: